Forum › Vampire-chan × Junior-chan discussion

joined Jan 3, 2020

I don't read chinese. So can anybody explain it to me the extra chapter after 22. i think that its a happy ending after all since both couples get to be together in the end. But i was wondering why aoi in a wheelchair looks older than the rest?. Is the teacher getting older too. I mean we can see the main couple getting older together so why it is different from the other couple. Help I'm just guessing based on the pictures. I want to know if its really happy all the way

I can't read it either, so this is mostly a guess based on images (curious how right I'll be): I'm fairly certain your interpretation is correct. In the next few chapters, Aoi falls into a coma, and the doctors tell Shion that she'll never wake up again. Afterwards, Sara dies. She leaves behind a series of messages for Iris, asking her to keep living and that maybe they'll meet again in another life, since it has already happened twice. After seeing these, Iris still refuses to take another bride because she refuses to live her life at the expense of others. Her refusal means that she reverts to her pupa form. That's how Chapter 22 ends.

Then, in the extra: (Many years later) A girl who looks like Sara meets a girl who looks like Iris during her first day of high school. Just as before, Iris knows who this girl really is, but pretends not to know her, and bonds her as her bride again. This might seem like a tragic cycle just from the images, and I was confused by it at first too, but I think I realized what happened now after reading the latest chapter. I think Aoi's unique blood condition (which is also responsible for keeping her alive, even if it is in a coma) eventually allowed Shion to synthesize a medication that works to treat the brides' condition. The confirmation of that is how we see Shion pushing an elderly Aoi in a wheelchair. Presumably, Shion also roused Aoi from her coma and has treated her too, extending her life far beyond the 1 year brides could previously live for. I assume she can't walk because of the physical strain of her original blood disorder, which wasn't solved.

Like I said, I can't actually read it either, so this is a lot of guesswork and assumptions (and possibly wishful thinking).

joined Jan 3, 2020

From the first chapters and now to this you'll see that huge gap from a happy looking story to a depressing one and I don't really mind that development. Their cries are beautifully drawn so I'm kinda addicted to Takano Saku's crying arts lol

And yeah, no kidding. I usually prefer happier affairs than this because I can empathize with it and absorb some of that happiness for myself for a short time, but I didn't really realize how compelling it could be to absorb sadness in a similar way.

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

Bro that was… brooooo

joined Jul 12, 2018

that story started so good only to become a depressing crap. seriously what is the point in deceiving the readers like this.it started funny then became just boring with all that forced drama.what a way to ruin it.

last edited at Jun 8, 2021 7:32AM

joined Oct 12, 2017

Woah shit where is the aaaaangst tag.

joined Jan 22, 2015

I think this story warrants the tragedy tag. Given that the "twist" is the form the tragedy takes and not a sudden and unexpected "event", I don't think tagging it would spoil the effects of the tragedy.
Thoughts anyone?

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Bro that was… brooooo

that was indeed a bruh moment

joined Jan 26, 2021

Oooph so…… I was really hoping for some miracle here…… but uh…… TRAGEDY is right…….. um a girl does not need to be crying so early in the morning but here we are

joined Jan 3, 2020

I think this story warrants the tragedy tag. Given that the "twist" is the form the tragedy takes and not a sudden and unexpected "event", I don't think tagging it would spoil the effects of the tragedy.
Thoughts anyone?

It's tricky given the tragedy is a twist that comes into play a couple chapters in, which is usually a sign that mods/admins won't tag it as tragedy (they generally don't if it gives away spoilers about the series), but since it is only 5 chapters into a series with 22 chapters, that might be early enough that they make an exception, especially since a huge amount of the story revolves around it.

Edit: Also, even on the early chapters there's a lot of ominous warnings. "As a result [of becoming a bride], I lost everything. In exchange, I gained one thing, only to lose everything again."

last edited at Jun 9, 2021 11:02PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

When I first saw this series, I thought it was going to be nice fluff from the title but my god this is a tragedy. I really like how torn the vampires are since they need to feed on humans but that just kills them and they can do nothing about it. It makes me feel so sad so I am really curious how this is going to end.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Thoughts anyone?

It's tricky given the tragedy is a twist that comes into play a couple chapters in, which is usually a sign that mods/admins won't tag it as tragedy (they generally don't if it gives away spoilers about the series), but since it is only 5 chapters into a series with 22 chapters, that might be early enough that they make an exception, especially since a huge amount of the story revolves around it.

Edit: Also, even on the early chapters there's a lot of ominous warnings. "As a result [of becoming a bride], I lost everything. In exchange, I gained one thing, only to lose everything again."

My personal hesitancy to tag it as a tragedy is based on spoiling the event. As such, I'll spoiler tag my reasoning.

Whether or not the tragedy is expected doesn't matter, it's that the story sets up two possibilities early on: the brides will die or a cure will be found and the brides will live. Marking it as a tragedy makes the ending clear to any reader that the brides will (essentially) die. Much of the tension of the story relies on the reader believing either outcome is possible, but a tag will make it clear which route the story takes.

That being said, no doubt it's a tragedy and probably even warrants the depressing af tag on a number of chapters

last edited at Jun 10, 2021 7:51PM

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

Well that was fucked! huh!

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

This manga is suffering.

My personal hesitancy to tag it as a tragedy is based on spoiling the event. As such, I'll spoiler tag my reasoning.

I've long thought sites like this should carry an alternate set of spoiler tags that aren't inherently visible to casual users but could be used to filter out content like we already have in the blacklisted tags preferences. Would allow people to avoid stories that lead towards difficult situations they aren't comfortable with without necessarily marking the story itself in a way that spoils the premise for everyone else.

Edit: Just realized I'm comment #666. Mwahahaha

last edited at Jun 11, 2021 7:59PM

dontaskwhyplease
Bgwhite
joined Nov 15, 2020

well. shit.

this doesn't look good

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Um, I think we’re due for some explanations on those flashbacks(?). I wonder if in some past life they were also brides but the roles were reversed

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Hello darkness my old friend~~ ;.;

joined Jan 3, 2020

This series is so masterfully designed to alternate frantic, almost desperate happiness with gut-wrenching despair.

Nearly every chapter brings me to tears, especially these later ones.

Um, I think we’re due for some explanations on those flashbacks(?). I wonder if in some past life they were also brides but the roles were reversed

Oh, I forgot that this site doesn't have chapters 13 - 16. They're on MangaDex and somewhat explain the flashbacks.

last edited at Jun 12, 2021 11:12PM

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

I had seen a lot yuri marriage but this is new, Occidental dress x Nipon Ouffit.
Nice, specially the doggy watching the scene

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

What THE ACTUAL FCK. I can't be the only one crying while reading this chapter. I want them to overcome the curse together. Please let them be happy

Anyway, I just have a random thought while Sara calls her senpai so many times. As a fate fan, I just imagined this could be Mash and Gudako, with Mashu only have a little time to live as a homonculus. It's just sad :(

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

ahaha what :D

joined Jan 9, 2019

Wth :'(((
Nooo please noo

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

pepsi?

joined Apr 6, 2018

as i press the next chapter it gets harder to read

joined Oct 25, 2010

So so beautiful. What a sweet sweet story and beautiful artwork! This work gives me warm fuzzy feelings. I look forward to every chapter. Thank you so much for this. Takano Saku is a wonderful storyteller and artist.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

ch 21 reminds me of Irua's and then to you and that shit hurts af.
https://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/and_then_to_you
I hate seeing one lesbian suffering, they should suffer and smile together. If ever she'll get reincarnated again, do you think they will be able to stop the curse or this will become a repetitive cycle for both of them?

To reply you must either login or sign up.