Forum › Two Spirals discussion

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

This almost felt like a chapter from another story, and not just because I forgot what happened in the first one. Even after reading the left turn felt somewhat jarring. Talk about Drama with a capital D.

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

I'm really at a lost to why people are jumping ship with this section of the story. I mean the parent story, Heart Gifts already set the precident of B - Movie grade science and drama. I guess some people just come here to read Love Live vanilla doujins...... freaks.

last edited at May 9, 2017 3:09AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Oooo they're doing a good job establishing the characters and the backstory is interesting...
When's the next chapter being released? ^_^

9fbc5e06015927090fe25e988ad6fb5d
joined May 13, 2016

I don't get it so far..

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Mc is so intense it kinda worries me, she's pretty aggressive about it, it's unsettling, 0-100

last edited at May 9, 2017 4:18AM

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

I'm really at a lost to why people are jumping ship with this section of the story. I mean the parent story, Heart Gifts already set the precident of B - Movie grade science and drama. I guess some people just come here to read Love Live vanilla doujins...... freaks.

It's not that we're opposed to drama, but that chapter was about as subtle as a gunshot and twice as loud. I get that our main character hates rich people but her personality is borderline unhinged here, and the only development she's getting is crazed ranting, which isn't really development.

Essentially, I can't empathize with either lead, so I'm not invested in their happiness.

joined May 1, 2015

I think I know what is going on.
Kita is a clone of Minami's mum. They underwent the same medical procedures because they had the same disease. Also, it is possible that the scar (which is not shown) could be a c section? That is not very likely, but it is possible given the technical advances in this manga.
Would this fall under incest? Probably, but I do not mi d one bit. I am looking forward to the next chapter.

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

It's not that we're opposed to drama, but that chapter was about as subtle as a gunshot and twice as loud. I get that our main character hates rich people but her personality is borderline unhinged here, and the only development she's getting is crazed ranting, which isn't really development.

Essentially, I can't empathize with either lead, so I'm not invested in their happiness.

Perhaps it's because I have a parent that lived in poverty is why I can understand Minami a bit more then the average reader. When you live in poverty and three square meals a day are not guranteed, that changes the way you act. It isn't like most anime when a character just grabs their stomach, groans and goes oh I guess I gotta power through it! There is allot of shame involved and you try to hide it and get really agitated whenever someone tries to provide assistance, because it is like you are admitting that you can't take care of yourself. You also fixate on a single entity that you can blame for your current situation, it's allot easier to power through a tough life when you have a target for you hatred and frustrations. Getting assistance from the source of your suffering is out of the question that would be like a person of Jewish decent accepting a position with the Gestapo.

last edited at May 9, 2017 10:53AM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Perhaps it's because I have a parent that lived in poverty is why I can understand Minami a bit more then the average reader. Like when you live in poverty and three square meals a day are not guranteed, that changes the way you act. It isn't like most anime when a character just grabs their stomach, groans and goes oh I guess I gotta power through it! There is allot of shame involved and you try to hide it and get really agitated whenever someone tries to provide assistance, because it is like you are admitting that you can't take care of yourself. You also fixate on a single entity that you can blame for your current situation, it's allot easier to power through a tough life when you have a target for you hatred and frustrations. Getting assistance from the source of your suffering is out of the question that would be like a person of Jewish decent accepting a position with the Gestapo.

Or using food stamps, depending on where you live and what that area's opinion of the government is.

I rate this manga 4/5 Joestars.

last edited at Apr 5, 2019 3:19AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't think they are genetically step sisters.

I think the mother sold her uterus to some rich woman.

So, it's not technically incest. No need for the tag.

The scar on the stomach makes more sense then.

last edited at May 9, 2017 11:04AM

joined Jun 1, 2016

This has nothing to do with the story, but I really like that idolmaster credit page

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This almost felt like a chapter from another story, and not just because I forgot what happened in the first one. Even after reading the left turn felt somewhat jarring. Talk about Drama with a capital D.

Would "melodrama" perhaps be a more appropriate term here?

I think the mother sold her uterus to some rich woman.

So, it's not technically incest. No need for the tag.

The scar on the stomach makes more sense then.

That's messed up, but I can see that happening, given the mad science that took place in Heart Gifts.

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Hmm... whaaaaaaat?!??
Incest or not I love the art! lol

joined Feb 18, 2015

I know! I had to re-read the first chapter to remember what was happening and where we were. It does pretty much continue directly from the end of that chapter, though. It's just that the beginning of the first chapter is so different.

As for whether it is incest (not that it matters, it is a story folks, and an extremely far fetched science fantasy one at that) I am thinking it probably TECHNICALLY isn't. If you recall, the last thing Minami's 'mother' said to her was, "I'm not your mother!" In addition, Minami is obviously some sort of experimental subject herself, with her ultra high bone density and extreme speed, endurance, and strength. I mean, she was hit by a car and got up and ran home! Normal people don't do that! So I'd guess she and her 'mother' were both experimental subjects and for some reason her mother became unstable and ran off with her or something and the other girl is her clone.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

But isn't "genetially step sisters" the same as "genetically unrelated strangers"?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Half-sisters to be accurate.

But there's still something I don't quite understand :

Why would the mother say she's not her daughter? Maybe she just carried her with someone else's uterus ?

Why would she live in poverty and then abandon her to "go back to some rich people house"?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Jesus the art makes Minami look absolutely feral when she's upset which is basically all of the time.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Wtf xD i'm ..

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Maybe they're not related.

Because that would be a spoiler, and Dynasty only does spoiler tags when it concerns het and dicks.

That's kind of messed up how you said that.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Fucking cliffhangers I hate that

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Because that would be a spoiler, and Dynasty only does spoiler tags when it concerns het and dicks.

That's kind of messed up how you said that.

I only relate what I observe. :^)

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

This unending parade of rage faces overflows the sentiment all the way back around to funny.

WHAY'S GOING ON?!?! Is this something like clones and stuff or something?? I mean i thought that one mother was the gf and their child but it was the mother and the tomboy who looks just like the gf but she said she's her mom, she's the mother of the gf too but that looks more relatable... What??

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Please enjoy the gut-wrenching conclusion!

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

what the fuck am I reading, the first two parts were VAUGLEY coherent, this is not

To reply you must either login or sign up.