Forum › Posts by Soulless Watcher

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

Wait, if she goes back to the future what will happen to the past self's psyche at that point in time? Will she just replace her old self, effectively killing her? Or will they kinda merge and be an amalgamation of both Nanas? Or will the author quickly gloss over this point and hope no one notices?

last edited at Mar 1, 2022 8:58PM

Soulless Watcher
Two Spirals discussion 09 May 10:39
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

I'm really at a lost to why people are jumping ship with this section of the story. I mean the parent story, Heart Gifts already set the precident of B - Movie grade science and drama. I guess some people just come here to read Love Live vanilla doujins...... freaks.

It's not that we're opposed to drama, but that chapter was about as subtle as a gunshot and twice as loud. I get that our main character hates rich people but her personality is borderline unhinged here, and the only development she's getting is crazed ranting, which isn't really development.

Essentially, I can't empathize with either lead, so I'm not invested in their happiness.

Perhaps it's because I have a parent that lived in poverty is why I can understand Minami a bit more then the average reader. When you live in poverty and three square meals a day are not guranteed, that changes the way you act. It isn't like most anime when a character just grabs their stomach, groans and goes oh I guess I gotta power through it! There is allot of shame involved and you try to hide it and get really agitated whenever someone tries to provide assistance, because it is like you are admitting that you can't take care of yourself. You also fixate on a single entity that you can blame for your current situation, it's allot easier to power through a tough life when you have a target for you hatred and frustrations. Getting assistance from the source of your suffering is out of the question that would be like a person of Jewish decent accepting a position with the Gestapo.

last edited at May 9, 2017 10:53AM

Soulless Watcher
Two Spirals discussion 09 May 03:08
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

I'm really at a lost to why people are jumping ship with this section of the story. I mean the parent story, Heart Gifts already set the precident of B - Movie grade science and drama. I guess some people just come here to read Love Live vanilla doujins...... freaks.

last edited at May 9, 2017 3:09AM

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

You know I would respect the hell out of this series if they go the hardcore realistic depressing route. Like someones' bottled up emotions expload causing an incident that breaks up the group or they somehow keep this balancing act going until they graduate. Than they drift apart after several years. Than in the last chapter they get together for some school reunion and it reveals that they each found a different way to cope for their messed up love triangle. Like one found a decent guy and preoccupied herself with raising a family, another just kinda broke down and took to sleeping with every woman under the sun, and the last one buried her feelings in work.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 5:58PM

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

God this can only end in a massive orgy or a massive bloodbath....... or some mixture of the two.

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

Teruchan...... Gambatte!

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

I bet the next chapter involves jail..... for obvious reasons.

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

I mean, no? She shouldn't actually need a reason not to meet someone beyond "I don't feel like it", especially when that person followed her to her school to confess, apparently without ever having a single conversation with her, which I don't really think of as ideal Prince Charming behaviour.

She's shown that she's fairly reluctant about doing anything with him already, if they cared enough to notice, but they've still been pushing her into "giving him a chance" and arranging dates for her anyway. The fact that she happens to be in love with someone already is kind of immaterial, at this point. If those are the magic words that would make them back off when "I don't know, I thought he was a bit weird, I'm not really interested" is arbitrarily deemed illogical and insufficient, then that makes them bad friends. If we're being generous, we can say that they have their own sympathetic and understandable reasons for being bad friends, but that doesn't really change the fact that they're being bad friends.

(cough) Snow White (cough)

I admit that I was never anything that could be considered a social butterfly and I have never gone to anything that could be considered a "date", but I fail to see anything inherently "bad" about their actions. I could easily see how her words could simply be interpreted as being shy or that she simply lacked experience. If even she didn't know anything about the kid it would still be considered good experience for future relationships, remember how awkward she was in the last chapter? Kinda like how allot people tell you that you will fuck up your first job interview, but it is still a very important experience to have for future job interviews. Her friends also had the presence of mind to keep him under surveillance just in case he was just a crazy stalker. It could simply be a social thing to, I don't know how it generally works in Japanese schools, but my own school experience highlighted that relationships were an important "status" to have and even being able to say that you have dated someone before would be infinitely better on you social life than to say that you have never dated anyone before.

Maybe I'm just being a bit biased because I have seen several other romantic manga series that start off with a similar premise and lead to adorable relationships.

last edited at Nov 11, 2016 5:45PM

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

Man, forget the love triangle stuff, if your friends are pushing you this hard to hook up with a guy whom none of you know and you're obviously not excited about, they're bad friends. At least her brother took a moment to actually ask her how she felt, even if they didn't end up actually talking about it.

Well obviously Mikage Kotooka has some background stuff going on, I'm thinking either she has a crush on Tsukasa Shiratori, knows about Shiratori's feelings towards Washio, or she had an incredibly bad experience with love in the past (or some combination of the three). Nadeshiko Washio probably thinks she is helping Shiratori out and repaying her for the emotional support.

Really, Shiratori also should take some of the blame for not making it clear that she has someone she is currently crushing on. I mean the guy is essentially prince charming and if you say that you currently have no one you like, there really isn't any logical reason why anyone would say you shouldn't at least meet him.

last edited at Nov 11, 2016 1:10PM

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

Well that was fucking depressing, just goes to show, every sexual orientation has its' assholes.

Soulless Watcher
Image Comments 16 Sep 17:49
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016
Fluttering%20feelings%20-%20domestic

God it hurts looking at these new images, there hasn't been any new info on the authors' condition in a while, but that last post that I read from several months ago sounded realy bleak. I pray for a miracle.