Forum › Candy discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Awh i loved the special! nice to see a younger version + another view. Those two are adorable though and I'll take anything I can get...and one that note, is there anymore Candy specials?

Via the release post, "Another special from Candy and the last unscanlated piece I’m aware of. If you know whether vol. 2 had another special (and maybe even offer scans), please do tell."

Now marking this as Completed.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

aww, the special made me want to read the whole thing again. it's just as cute! :) --- im not a fan of the whole manipulative teacher-arch though -- didnt see much of Chiaki. haha.
All in all cute, perfect, and i love it.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

This special gave the butterflies. >< Also, the mangaka's section was enjoyable to read. :)

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

A kind Kiyomi isn't Kiyomi at all, please scold me <== I laughed so hard =))))

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Anyone who did it for 9 years can manage this much...

Okay, You would have to be SERIOUSLY studying the piano to be able to play Mozart's K265 at all. It's quite (read: extremely) difficult to play. Just because the Suzuki Method™ uses the base theme as the first piece of music you learn, people seem to think it's this easy piece of music. Here's a good recording with the sheet music if you want to know what it's like:

https://youtu.be/xyhxeo6zLAM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Anyone who did it for 9 years can manage this much...

Okay, You would have to be SERIOUSLY studying the piano to be able to play Mozart's K265 at all. It's quite (read: extremely) difficult to play. Just because the Suzuki Method™ uses the base theme as the first piece of music you learn, people seem to think it's this easy piece of music. Here's a good recording with the sheet music if you want to know what it's like:

https://youtu.be/xyhxeo6zLAM

I second this wholeheartedly.

On that note, this was so cute.
I actually had forgotten "Candy", so I was confused a whole lot at first until I realized that was Ichijou.
Legitimately thought that Ichijou had a crush on Kanan until I remembered she had Sado the Masochist.

Awk.

Sorry, Besshou-senpai.

joined Dec 12, 2013

Oh my heart ....

joined May 3, 2014

Ohhh did you see!?!?1?! THEY ARE MARRIED!!! or engaged !!! http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/candy_ch10#31
hahahah that's the happy ending :3

last edited at Jul 22, 2014 12:13PM

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Just stumble upon this and it was a great read. Probably one of the series where "reality" also kicks in. But still got the sweetness of yuri love. ♪( ´▽`)

Yup. Better than "I will lose myself for the sake of love" drama.

I mean, what's the point of keeping an unhealthy relationship where it destroys any/both of you, right?

Thank you so much for the hardwork on this series. ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Oh god, this was just so sweet and warm... it was a nice read before going to work, The ending made me cry a little. <3

joined Jan 30, 2013

This is perhaps the one school life series besides Girl Friends that I really, really liked. It just feels so much more real than the other 99% of school life manga, the characters are actually fleshed out (especially Bessho) and that relationships can be bumpy and the art is really pretty and and and...
Although the ending felt kinda rushed. I mean, what are the chances that you meet an old teacher you have a history with at a new school?
Actually the whole student teacher thing was strange. I would've preferred more volumes instead, but hey, I guess I can't complain.

edit: Thank you homuraisme, for making me reread this one. Also, woo, 200th post.

last edited at Nov 11, 2014 6:51PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

I don't like that fatso.
other than that this is a good read.

Untitled-6
joined Apr 11, 2015

what a cute manga, to think that I have to think twice before reading this entertaining manga, glad I read this. ^^

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kana is so adorkable.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

This manga deserves so much more attention.... This is probably somewhere in my top five

last edited at May 4, 2015 12:18AM

Images
joined Sep 19, 2015

so cute wish they could make more kind of these manga (sigh)

Lg1wyutq
joined Mar 5, 2015

Just started this and I'm delighted; it's so simple and sweet. I'd love to read more from this mangaka ;_;

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

jnko:
I'd love to read more from this mangaka ;_;

The only other yuri I'm aware of her being involved with is this short story which she provided the illustrations for.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

I love this manga now... ehehe... From the beginning till the end... I believe somewhere in thoughts that whenever they plan will surely be come true even though not exactly or as it is but I'm sure that all well is well.

Hkjmgjk
joined Jan 20, 2015

No matter how many times I re-read this story. I just love all about this. The sweet yet bitter situations, the characters and, of course the relationship between Kanan and Chiaki <3.

It just feels so much more real than the other 99% of school life manga, the characters are actually fleshed out (especially Bessho) and that relationships can be bumpy

That´s the thing I love the most about this.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I read this every other month and fall in love with it more every other month jfc

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

No matter how many times I re-read this story. I just love all about this. The sweet yet bitter situations, the characters and, of course the relationship between Kanan and Chiaki <3.

It just feels so much more real than the other 99% of school life manga, the characters are actually fleshed out (especially Bessho) and that relationships can be bumpy

That´s the thing I love the most about this.

I know, that and studying/activities can be time consuming. Based on most romantic manga, you'd think high schoolers had a lot of free time.

blinkkittylove
Hug
joined Jun 7, 2016

One of my early favorites

joined Oct 23, 2016

Such a beautiful story. Can't believe I had never read it before.
I kinda wished for another love scene at the end to rekindle their relationship, but getting shown the future was sweet too.

last edited at Oct 27, 2016 4:57PM

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Wow after all this time I finally that space cadet joke XD Hahahaha

To reply you must either login or sign up.