Forum › Posts by Ichigo69

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

zanpakutoman posted:

With the way this story's been going I feel like the Idiot couple and Lots of kissing tags should be added.

Nah, the idiot_couple tag is for stuff like Kase-san to Yamada or Strawberry Shake Sweet. These 2 may behave idiotically, but they're not an "idiot_couple"

You might have a point with the lots_of_kissing tag, tho....

last edited at Apr 18, 2024 10:03PM

Ichigo69
LaMire discussion 30 Nov 10:54
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

This is probably, hands down, the best PriPara doujin I've ever seen. It's obvious that Ejima-sensei really, really loves the series (as I do, too. It's amazing). She's totally captured the 2 girls' personalities perfectly and I can't wait for her to write more chapters for it.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Why did Cyan stop doing this? (also, this chapter needs to be on mdex, too)

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Serenata posted:

FluffyCow posted:

Ha ha, isn't slavery so f***ing funny and hot, lol. This kinda crap is why I despise isekai.

"slave" is literally right there at the beginning of the title
did you click on it just to complain about the genre lmao

Yes I did, although I did read it and the contents are just as trash as the title. Only half decent thing was the orc.

Yeah, some lucky people find this to be a "fun inversion of a dumb trope", but this premise itself is also a dumb trope that's been done to death.

Can't be helped I guess, Isekai has been so thoroughly mined as a subject that you've got MC hot springs and vending machines.

Still, I'd love to blacklist the word "Slave", really sick of it.

Yeah I see this series having a pretty big divide. Since there's plenty of people like yourself that despise every Isekai with every fiber of their being, and then people like me that don't mind some Isekai and find meta spins like this to be mildly amusing.

There's also the fact that's really reaaaaaaaaaally hard to take this story seriously, unlike some of the edgy harem animes out there trying to make sense of it to justify the self insert, this one doesn't even try because it's self aware of how dumb it is, that's like the whole point.

>comedy
>Hard to take this story seriously
Um..... This is an oxymoron. Why the hell are you trying to take a comedy seriously? I'd like to think of an analogy, but taking a comedy seriously is pretty much the best analogy I can think of for this....
It shouldn't have to be said and I never thought I'd have to say it, but...
COMEDIES AREN'T SERIOUS. THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY....

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Is Noca Scans like dead, deceased, has been, gone to meet its maker, etc? The last recent thing I see that they did was Ch 6 of this... There are things by them more recently here on dynasty, but If I look at the same manga on mangadex, it was posted like 2 years ago or so on there. Did they drop this? Did they drop out of existence altogether? Enquiring minds want to know....

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Mekimeki Oukoku delivers. As usual.

Ichigo69
Distortion discussion 24 Feb 23:03
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Once more I must express my support for women's wrongs

I can totally picture Erika, the girl in your avatar picture, saying exactly what you just said.
(Flowers - hiver fucking when, JAST??!?!?!?!)

last edited at Feb 24, 2022 11:04PM

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

@knight Heron why are you not updating mangadex?
It's 3 chapters behind

last edited at Dec 13, 2021 11:16PM

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

I get the feeling that Nagisa's just going along with the flow and has the attitude of "If the one I love is happy, then I'm happy" and obviously Seiko's lying to everybody and herself. These 2 need to get hit upside the head with a gay bat or something to knock some sense into them. Actually, if Seiko would just figure out for real that what she's looking for in men is exactly what Nagisa is and if she would tell Nagisa that she's the one she wants to spend her life with, Nagisa would be absolutely over the moon with that outcome. However, she's too scared of losing the nice, comfy arrangement that they have and just goes along with whatever Seiko wants (or thinks that she wants). And Seiko's too stuck with "societal norms" and "what she's supposed to do" to admit to herself that she's already living with her "ideal marriage partner".

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Wew incoming hatesex.

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

4 Gaijin meme. Awesome.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

BUT WHAT WAS HER NAME???!?!?!??!?!!11111ONEONEELEVEN

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

tfw learned about the "green hat" from Mokou:

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

I vaguely remember this. This whole thing was a challenge or some sort that Namori did. I can't remember the details. It's been a while ago...

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Btw, it's "bass", not "base".

Ichigo69
Ayakashiko discussion 11 Sep 15:35
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Okay, credits page:
>Farmers plant their crops in rows. Does this make sense

Yeah, I don't get it...

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

GO NUTS!!!!

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

This manga is one that gets gayer after each chapter. Subtext is fine for right now, but around vol 3 or 4 it's gonna need the yuri tag.

Ichigo69
1 x ½ discussion 14 Aug 12:37
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Y tho? ._. Should we expect foiled rape attempt in next chapter?

Doesn't seem like Asuka's really complaining TOO much. Kind of the obligatory, "B-B-But Senpai! We're supposed to be studying! (but okay... if you really want to...)" type of thing.

last edited at Aug 14, 2019 12:37PM

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

First time nadeshiko gets so angry that she hits BOTH sakurako and himawari

Well, it had 2 reasons: 1)she was pissed and 2)she thought she'd try hitting both their heads together to see if they'd go back to their respective bodies.

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

But c h i l d s u p p o r t

Yumi's like insanely rich being a "trust-fund kid" so to speak. It's not like she needs child support (or will likely even get it knowing the fucker who knocked her up). Besides, Japanese family law is all sorts of fucked up, so it's likely not enforceable anyway.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

I know where I've seen this art before.
Irozuki sekai no Ashita Kara (So Many Colours in the Future - What a Wonderful World)
Fly did the character designs for this.

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Whoa. Development? In my Goyac doujin?!

Hey, it only took 14 chapters to happen.

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Isn't it バカップル rather than バカープル? Or are both correct and I'm just a バカ? Lol

Nah, I fuckdeded it up. It's バカップル. I fixdeded it. Thanks

Ichigo69
Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Okay, I've said this to a lot of people and I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but...
I'd like to suggest a new tag.

idiot_couple or dorky_couple

This is the same thing as バカップル in Japanese and it means two people who are complete dorks who are completely in love with each other and do really dumb things when they're with each other.
Examples of this are:

Kase and Yamada from Kase san and 〈insert word here〉 manga
Ruby and Weiss from RWBY
Every single couple in Yurikon manga
Koguma and Hino from Hino-san no baka manga
Tadokoro and Nikaido from Tadokoro-san manga
Mikage and Hinata from Futari Monologue manga
Arisa and Mari from Bright and Cheery Amnesia manga

Anyway, I think you get the picture.

last edited at Jul 9, 2019 3:57AM