Forum › Candy discussion

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

Uguuu that was so sweet! The teacher arc was indeed annoying, but it was such a wonderful ride~ I wish the mangaka did more yuri work! It's really nice!

joined Sep 2, 2015

I don't know how I never found this after reading Yuri for so many years, such a hidden jewel.

joined May 6, 2017

Fudge T_T I loved the story..It was so good and I can't help but smile on their moments fudge...I hope there would be an after story of this..about living together?..

joined May 7, 2011

Just re-read this after many years. It’s well written and features the adorkable tomboy and serious student pairing that I find attractive. For me though, the outstanding character was Ichijou, one of the best examples of a straight best friend for a lesbian. She’s tough as nails and very supportive of the tomboy character. She is somewhat over-protective at first but learns to let go. It was a nice development of a secondary character.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Sometimes I feel that is was ever so slightly difficult to follow, but otherwise this is a very sweet story with plenty of depth and meaning to it. I especially like how it handles the concept of sex too soon not only in a relationship, but for teens and how important it is to be mentally prepared for such a big step. This is rarely addressed in Yuri stories, so it is refreshing to see it discussed here.

last edited at Aug 2, 2017 4:18PM

Ohdear
joined Jul 12, 2017

I liked it, but the last couple of chapters felt a bit weird and rushed. And I don't fully understand how they fell apart, was it just the nurse manipulating Kanan? Bessho also had a weirdly extreme reaction with her "I don't want to be the person you come running to". But, all's well that ends well I suppose, overall I liked it a lot.

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

I completely forgot about this story, been nice reading it again.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I'm so glad I found this manga it's very good and I think it has a lot of depth
I really, really love Ichijou though. It's so rare to find a childhood friend that only sees the main as just a friend. I'm sick and tired of childhood friend love interests in vns and manga. Plus I like how grounded she is and how she's always looking after her friend.
I also like how there is an afterword so many series are just content to end it while they're still in high school.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

From the title and cover art, this is a very unassuming manga. I'm just surprised more people don't mention this when talking about fairly good, semi-lenghty yuri to check out. I can't remember where I saw it mentioned, but thanks whoever that was.

Going to echo those who mentioned the friend, Ichijou. Refreshing that she was a solid friend the whole story.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

To have their first time in a classroom... That's risky!

joined Jun 27, 2017

What a gem this is, even with the weird teacher arc. And Kanan with long hair.... oh my.

joined Apr 29, 2019

I liked it, but the last couple of chapters felt a bit weird and rushed. And I don't fully understand how they fell apart, was it just the nurse manipulating Kanan? Bessho also had a weirdly extreme reaction with her "I don't want to be the person you come running to". But, all's well that ends well I suppose, overall I liked it a lot.

i think it was the fact that bessho felt like it went from a relationship of them being together as equals (despite kanan calling her senpai but she does that even as adults with a new apartment together) and relying on each other equally to a relationship of kanan relying solely on bessho for everything. a relationship where one person is solely dependent on the other isn't really a relationship at all.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Rereading this, I am reminded of how much this manga relies on characterization via overheard gossip. All three main characters are first described via the random outbursts of nameless side characters (who for the most part we don't even see). And it doesn't even make sense! Why are there girls remarking upon Bessho as she walks past? Why are people complaining about Ichijou loud enough that she can even hear them? Why are those comments so detailed? It's several months into the school year, presumably all these random students are familiar enough with these characters that they don't need to explain who they are to each other, but that's exactly what they're doing. It's so transparently for the reader's benefit that the author might as well just have a page listing the traits of the characters.

I think out of all the manga cliches, this is my least favorite. It's not just lazy, it's completely unnecessary. We naturally learn about the characters from their interactions, so having what is essentially narration shoved into the mouths of faceless, nameless side characters is pointless. Either the author has no faith in her ability to tell a story, or she thinks all her readers are idiots.

last edited at Aug 22, 2019 6:13AM

joined Jul 1, 2019

Rereading this again. One of my favorites. I remembered the times when I was waiting for this manga’s update. It makes me realize how long I’ve been reading on this site.

Comments on great mangas, like this one, back then (around 2012) were sparse.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Even though Tama was acting like a sneaky asshole, I'm glad she at least accepted that she wasn't going to win Kanan over in that final extra. If the author ever came out with a sequel, I hope it's about her finding a girlfriend at her job and redeeming herself more

Beenhereallthistime
joined Feb 8, 2022

Kinda meh, but had its cute moments. The nurse conflict seemed so unnecessary, and random, I really wished the mangaka thought through more carefully on the final conflict idea.
The candy motif was a pretty neat idea of foreshadowing and expressing Kanan's psyche.

Img_1426
joined Sep 23, 2022

No matter how many times I re-read this I can never seem to get over the fact that a 25 year old man is dating a 15/16 year old girl through out the whole story and it's treated as something normal. But eh, at least they're only mention like twice, lol. Also that nurse conflict was really idk how to say it well but it's eh, like they kinda just rub off anything the nurse did like it was nothing. But still I enjoy the read and this is a nice story to come back to.

To reply you must either login or sign up.