Forum › Parasol Sharing discussion

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

It was kinda dumb but cute.

Missing out on your chance to get in a good college, oh boy that sure does hit home

Bfa11a0b864ae7153cac6fa563241e35
joined Jul 21, 2024

I'm a little confused by the dialogue. I had to read it twice to understand. But it was a good pass time read.

Screenshot%202024-08-04%20044759
joined Jun 21, 2021

another Windyfall release teetering on the edge of unintelligibility

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

i'm confused, windyfall usually does a good job with translation and such, yet this one was so wonky, i could barely follow what they were talking about and by the end of the story i realized i didn't understand anything

last edited at Oct 21, 2024 5:52PM

Bfa11a0b864ae7153cac6fa563241e35
joined Jul 21, 2024

i'm confused, windyfall usually does a good job with translation and such, yet this one was so wonky, i could barely follow what they were talking about and by the end of the story i realized i didn't understand anything

Windyfall usually does a good job with their translations, but after reading most of 2C=Galore's works, which are mostly translated by them, I’ve noticed some translation issues or occasional mistakes. I’m not sure of the reason, and this could just be a vague assumption on my part.

Img_1261
joined Nov 25, 2023

yeah this translation is beyond bad. can windyfall slow down their releases in favor of like, QC? or getting somebody better with jp/eng? there's literally no point in pushing out a TL this bad when it's impossible to follow.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm not sure if it's "bad translation" or "really weird work to start with"

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

I always can't brain 2C=Galore's works. It's such a shame too cause I like the art style.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Poor girl got ghost-zoned

Jpeg-optimizer_image
joined Mar 15, 2024

Bit confused but kind of cute, this is more like shoujo ai

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

It's not too hard to understand. The girl with a parasol just failed to get into the school, right? And she's just moping around in front of it and pretending like she goes there because she likes to walk with the girl she came to admire. I think that part, where she disappears, is her trying to get her act together to get into the school (going back to hearing the girls he admires is only going to be there for 1.5 more years before leaving).

joined Apr 16, 2022

It's not too hard to understand. The girl with a parasol just failed to get into the school, right? And she's just moping around in front of it and pretending like she goes there because she likes to walk with the girl she came to admire. I think that part, where she disappears, is her trying to get her act together to get into the school (going back to hearing the girls he admires is only going to be there for 1.5 more years before leaving).

Yup, this is a good summary. I didn't really find it hard to follow tbh, not sure why people here are complaining about the translation.

A fun oneshot, I wish we got to see more of the parasol girl's jealousy turn into love, but I enjoyed both characters.

Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

I didn't have any trouble understanding this oneshot either. It's a nice very original story.

Moddedpolka2
joined Oct 9, 2016

A bit confusing (because of the translation or the dialogue itself, who knows). But I kinda liked it.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

A bit confusing (because of the translation or the dialogue itself, who knows). But I kinda liked it.

Yeah I generally understood the story, but it's presented in a confusing way I think. Which I really wonder if that's due to translation or the dialogue of the original work, or even a combination of the two. Where I understand the general idea behind the story and characters, but the dialogue isn't really helping me get to those conclusions. I'm mostly piecing it together with what feels like fragments of information.

I want to say as well that this one-shot has it's charms, and I've love to see the relationship progressed further.

Bit confused but kind of cute, this is more like shoujo ai

Shoujo Ai as a term got phased out due to being a Western used term that wasn't used correctly from what I remember. As the actual meaning is along the lines of Little Girl Love, and that wording has unfortunate implications. Just as a friendly heads up. Also Yuri can be used with any kind of lesbian relationship as a general umbrella term, so it works here in theory. Though the subtext tag might work better for this story, which might be along lines of what you're thinking.

last edited at Oct 22, 2024 4:20AM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Had difficulty figuring out which character's internal monologue is which but I think i made sense of most of it in the end. Probably need to re-read during the day

joined Jul 8, 2019

what the parasol am I reading?

last edited at Oct 22, 2024 8:11AM

Imgonline-com-ua-resize-vwt1kupzlnws
joined Jul 8, 2018

It wasn't confusing at all until the very end where it just stops abruptly. She just came back?

Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

It wasn't confusing at all until the very end where it just stops abruptly. She just came back?

Yup. My guess is that she's done studying and finally got in. It also makes her seem more like a ghost to the other girl, since she finally came back only when the umbrella is forgotten.

Ad3popdgqsfc1
joined Apr 18, 2023

parasol girl being a real ghost would probably make this less confusing lol, idk about the translation but the story itself feels more like an unfinished idea tbh like can you really just end the story there....???

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Yup, this is a good summary. I didn't really find it hard to follow tbh, not sure why people here are complaining about the translation.

A fun oneshot, I wish we got to see more of the parasol girl's jealousy turn into love, but I enjoyed both characters.

I had the feeling this oneshot just missed the scene in which the girl shows up as a student. I didn’t get the last page… was she back? I wish we had more explicit closure…

joined May 3, 2014

heres your cooky for understanding the story, but completely miss the point way we complain about the story LMAO, yes if you use your brain to pull clues together you can KINDA figure out what the hell was this hot dudu mess of a story is about

either the translation quality is bad or the author couldn't string a basic one shot together so we got this confusing one shot of a bloody story

also the ending bloody sucks

last edited at Oct 26, 2024 9:50PM

joined Dec 13, 2018

It's one of those classic "I completely ghosted the person I like for a long period of time" manga stories

To reply you must either login or sign up.