Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

joined Dec 13, 2018

"She's going in for a kiss... I better reject her before she rejects me"
That some 4d chess right there

They can't possibly drag out the misunderstanding any longer... right?

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Minami went for a kiss twice in 24 hours, said "I want you" and Yuzu still thinks it's "impossible". You really have to do some insane olympic level mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion.

The characters don't act like real people.

Someone bought me a plane ticket to visit them and a ticket to an aquarium, one of my favorite things, and then after laying in bed next to them after sex I was like "gee I wish she liked me the way I liked her"

Do not underestimate the power of a useless lesbian with MAJOR self esteem issues. People do act like this. A LOT of people act like this. And I think that it's actually kinda realistic. Is it maybe exaggerated for drama? Uh, yes. It's a drama manga that needs to fill a runtime.

... I'm a bit confused why people are freaking out. She's been in love for a while and rejecting her feelings because she felt she has already been rejected. So it's only natural that once things are changing, she doesn't just accept it outright as the most natural development, she's confused and worried.

Yeah I'll be real, I really have no clue why people are going as apeshit about this as they are lol. Y'all are tripping over each other to scream about how now the manga is bad and how it's all joever. Why are y'all reading this in the first place?

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Honestly I gave up on this manga sometime ago, I wasn't even angry at the whole mental gymnastics/rejection part this time. Kinda expected it and wanted to see how dumb it would get. It was whatever.
But I was angry at the fact that they kinda hyped up that scenic spot, and we literally had no event there. I was expecting the confession at that spot or at least for Yuzu and Minami to have a moment there. But nope. Why?????

last edited at Oct 17, 2024 12:20PM

Dc4181ab-be73-4839-b684-7476d3ac05f5
joined Oct 24, 2018

what the fuck

joined Dec 13, 2018

Minami went for a kiss twice in 24 hours, said "I want you" and Yuzu still thinks it's "impossible". You really have to do some insane olympic level mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion.

The characters don't act like real people.

Someone bought me a plane ticket to visit them and a ticket to an aquarium, one of my favorite things, and then after laying in bed next to them after sex I was like "gee I wish she liked me the way I liked her"

Do not underestimate the power of a useless lesbian with MAJOR self esteem issues. People do act like this. A LOT of people act like this. And I think that it's actually kinda realistic. Is it maybe exaggerated for drama? Uh, yes. It's a drama manga that needs to fill a runtime.

... I'm a bit confused why people are freaking out. She's been in love for a while and rejecting her feelings because she felt she has already been rejected. So it's only natural that once things are changing, she doesn't just accept it outright as the most natural development, she's confused and worried.

Yeah I'll be real, I really have no clue why people are going as apeshit about this as they are lol. Y'all are tripping over each other to scream about how now the manga is bad and how it's all joever. Why are y'all reading this in the first place?

hol up I want the full story lol

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Unrelated but I love your pfp. Need someone to pick that back up before it ends.

5688-1340606550
joined May 11, 2013

At the current rate this is going, I think we've got at least 20 more chapters before they kiss and then we'll enter a new arc where one of them assumes that means they're dating and the other one thinks they're just besties who kiss.

joined Feb 24, 2023

Yuzu is a complete moron and the motivations behind this rejection make zero sense “you’re going to make me wish for the impossible” she says as her love interest LITERALLY CONFESSES TO HER SHD MOVES IN TO KISS HER, like what?

This is lame

last edited at Oct 17, 2024 12:53PM

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

We were SO FUCKING CLOSE! We were right there!

Iftv
joined Jun 3, 2023

at this point Minami can propose and Yuzu will somehow think Minami isnt into her

last edited at Oct 18, 2024 7:57AM

8089712a86369b8622b6c640bf86942d
joined May 31, 2022

this is the second time. im gonna go nuts

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

at this point Minami can propose and Yuzu will somehow think Minami inst into her

They'll be married, wedding dress, rings, living in a nice house together, have 5 kids together, and then retired and growing old together. All while going I don't think my gal pal is into me

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Depending on Minami's choice of her next words, this may well end up solving this misunderstanding once and for all. Let's hope for the best then...

And dear god, the comments here are hilarious... :D

last edited at Oct 17, 2024 2:20PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Goddamnit, Yuzu.

Anyway, I already shared this interaction from some unrelated Discord with the Dynasty Discord, but now that I've actually read the chapter, I'm gonna share it here too.

My friend's unironic reaction:

My half-joking response:

joined Jun 8, 2022

Yeah, the only way this makes sense is if Yuzu somehow interpreted those eyes and the smooch approach as more super-best-friend stuff. Which, fair, considering from her point of view the name of the series is "Our Yuri never started because I was rejected back in middle school". I honestly feel like the other series with the vivid rejection dream fueling a character resigning themselves to not pushing things was more justified than this, but I'm not gonna call either outside the boundaries of human behaviour. People draw wrong conclusions. People fixate on notions that aren't grounded in fact. People fail to just have candid conversations to clear the air all the time.

We can only hope that Minami has the resolve to make Yuzu articulate her misgivings here.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

There is a head-shaped crater in my desk. I am sending the repair (and medical) bills to the author.

joined Nov 4, 2022

Okay, that was completely stupid, even by manga standards, seriously, if this idiocy isn't resolved in the next chapter and leads to unnecessary drama, I'll just drop this manga

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

My reaction after stalling on this manga a dozenish chapters ago but still checking the comments to see how it's progressing.
Don't think I'll be picking it back up anytime soon but the reaction sure is entertaining! Thanks y'all!

read it you coward!

Fb99a412e56031b0a8f5568f284d39f1435bb314_hq
joined Nov 19, 2017

I am shaking rn.

joined Oct 15, 2021

Bro what how tf does someone misinterpret “i want you”?? Girl went in for a kiss 2 times and yuzu knew she was going in for a kiss so how are we still at the “oh we’re just really close friends” stage????

joined Oct 21, 2013

Yuzu at this point thinks Minami considers kissing as normal between friends, so Minami needs to up her game by using her body.

joined Aug 11, 2022

I am just finding everyone's reaction amusing (Understandable if they read each chapter as the chapters come out instead of letting it piling up before reading), was letting chapters pile up and just peeking at a few pages of new chapters here or there but lol...

It like Yuzu rolled a 20 on her reflexes save but roll a critical fail 1 on her perception roll in trying to understand the MC's intentions.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

I'm tempted to make a character in an MMO named Minami, get a friend to make a character named Yuzu, then start a guild together called "Useless Lesbians."

(And only people with character names like Tsukushi and Hinoka, Kei and Yokoe, or Nanaki and Kanade can join...)

joined Mar 4, 2018

jesus fucking christ just kill me now

joined Mar 4, 2018

There are so many will-they/won't-they stories on the site but so many of them get things wrong by taking the concept seriously, as drama. They can be infuriating to read because the stakes never escalate or change, and thus quickly become exhausting. This series understands the concept is fundamentally a comedic one and is all the richer for it.

bullshit. school zone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this

To reply you must either login or sign up.