Forum › A Face You Shouldn't Show discussion

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Was it hinted somewhere how the manager was able to track down Io? It'd be like looking for a needle in a haystack trying to find one person in Shinjuku at night so I'm wondering if she used some sort of tracking.
Omg she's so creepy though. Got a bit of a jump scare by page 22: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_face_you_shouldnt_show_ch06#22

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Was it hinted somewhere how the manager was able to track down Io? It'd be like looking for a needle in a haystack trying to find one person in Shinjuku at night so I'm wondering if she used some sort of tracking.
Omg she's so creepy though. Got a bit of a jump scare by page 22: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_face_you_shouldnt_show_ch06#22

Aint no way someone who gave themselves keys to my place is "popping in" whenever they see fit. The first time she did that, MC should have said something about privacy. Then in the middle of masturbating? No way.

last edited at Sep 1, 2024 10:48AM

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Aint no way someone who gave themselves keys to my place is "popping in" whenever they see fit. The first time she did that, MC should have said something about privacy. Then in the middle of masturbating? No way.

Agreed. But to be fair it tracks with what we've seen of Io's character that she wouldn't say anything about it. Girl is a total pushover who needs to learn to stick up for herself.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Agreed. But to be fair it tracks with what we've seen of Io's character that she wouldn't say anything about it. Girl is a total pushover who needs to learn to stick up for herself.

Oh for sure. Everyone has a limit though, and "in the middle of touching myself," should be a universal "ok we need to talk."

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

Oooof! Read from the beginning and yes Io is a total pushover... but her parents are big in the industry and the manager mentions her mom giving her permission to duplicate the key. So her parents are fueling the manager's power over this poor actress and the manager is totally getting control-freak happy over this setup. Very likely to see a bigger confrontation between Misa and the manager. Cause even though Io is getting better results, the manager clearly treats Io like property and wants to keep all the unpermitted variables away. I bet even the manager would pick out Io's husband if Io's parents let the manager do so.
What's more dangerous than a stalker? A person who looks like someone you are supposed to trust, but they are actually the one you should not trust at all. Cause they are way too trusted, powerful, and manipulative to the point where you don't know what you don't know until it's too late.

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

yay!

joined Jul 8, 2020

Everyone creepy and messed up in this story but man that manager is the most of it all, she's scary lol

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Aww Misa seems to be bothered by the manager being a creep. Is she feeling protective? Heh. Heheh.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

woah that panel of the manager looming behind her is so fucking scary. You can really feel that helpless claustrophobia of living with an abuser who invades all your privacy without a second thought. Flowerchild is so fucking good at depicting fucked up, dangerous, and sickening dynamics and feelings. The chemistry is so electric, and everyone is weird and messed up and has not done any work to sand down their jagged edges, and I'm so so so excited for this manga.

kinseijoshi Uploader
Suimasen Scans
joined Feb 8, 2024

Yeah, I kinda mentally categorize Flowerchild as a horror author who writes erotic thrillers. Her stories tend to have this underlying theme of lust being this uncontrollable force that pulls people into abusive situations. Characters in her works have no real ability to escape their libido, only finding maladaptive ways to accomodate their lives to it. The chemistry gets weird and grimy, but the characterization work makes the subject matter super compelling.

Ese%20len
joined Apr 26, 2017

Suimasen decided to pick this up after several factors led Rehashed+Thousand Lillies to abandon the series. I'd like to get caught up to the current release (chapter 10) in relatively short order - ch 7 and 8 are essentially cleaned and ready to typeset whenever I receive a script. I don't think we'll manage to get current before the next issue of YH is out, but hopefully the bulk of catching up will be behind us.

I personally really enjoy reading this series, and we'd like to maintain the level of quality you've come to expect from Rehashed and Thousand Lillies in their work on this series. Those are some big shoes to fill, but we're gonna try our best. Hope y'all enjoy.

Honesty catching up around the realise of next yuri hime is actually kinda good because it means when it comes out you can send people to pick up volume 2

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So, all in all, my position on the story so far:
--Rather young woman getting into a twisted BDSM-oriented relationship with an older cabaret girl . . . I'm OK with this.
--The normal way actresses and their managers interact in Japanese show business . . . Creepy AF.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Yeah, I kinda mentally categorize Flowerchild as a horror author who writes erotic thrillers.

Yes!! That's exactly the vibe :D

Oh man that jump scare was so good. The creepiness is so delicious. I am really hoping for some quality comeuppance. I'm not one for violence usually, but I could really savor a thorough punishment for this nasty lady.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I got spooked tf out

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Io is down bad. Misa is based. Manager is a creep.

joined Apr 29, 2020

Chapter 6 could arguably also be tagged Dubious Consent

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

I'm excited for when the manager gets involved in the "action" as it were. I can feel that it will happen. She's very pretty, and that creepy scene with her looming over Io gave me certain vibes.

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

This chapter turned out great

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

GODDD these are so cute!! I need a lil thing like Io she's SO fucking cute I can't stand it. The way flowerchild draws her subby expressions is so alluring--everyone's expressions are great, honestly.

It's really good BDSM, but in such a different way--really slow and intentional and detail-oriented. I think it really gets across the fantasy of doing these kinds of things, seeing this kinds of feelings, with another real person that you know outside of the scene. like this is another person who loves it when you order her around and hurt her. IDK.

D4d93d7defd05c7fbedff90b7d82fc4e
joined Sep 26, 2020

I can't believe the hostest girl somehow is the one being "healthy" in the relationship. Well, compared to the idols manager, that is. She's the one with common sense.

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

This chapter was so incredibly lovey-dovey. Needs an Insane Amounts of Lovey-Dovey tag. This is particularly surprising from Misa, who was before this reluctant to get attached. Something about the overbearing manager triggered a super ultra best girlfriend ever switch in Misa. Is she feeling competitive? Protective? Possibly offended on Io's behalf? I'm so curious.
Also I wanna go to a late night spa now lol

last edited at Sep 8, 2024 2:37AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This chapter was so incredibly lovey-dovey. Needs an Insane Amounts of Lovey-Dovey tag. This is particularly surprising from Misa, who was before this reluctant to get attached. Something about the overbearing manager triggered a super ultra best girlfriend ever switch in Misa. Is she feeling competitive? Protective? Possibly offended on Io's behalf? I'm so curious.

She definitely got triggered by the manager. I didn't expect this story to go this route, but it's definitely welcome: Io is a budding sub who is caught between two intense older women, with the main difference between Misa and Hase being that the former has a very clear idea of what personal boundaries are, why they are important, and how to set and to enforce them. Which makes sense, really, given her work as a hostess who has to entertain entitled rich drunkards every day. Through Misa, Io is discovering that giving up control is not the same as being violated (which appears to be what Hase has taught her over the years), and she's loving every second of it.

last edited at Sep 8, 2024 3:47AM

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

She definitely got triggered by the manager. I didn't expect this story to go this route, but it's definitely welcome: Io is a budding sub who is caught between two intense older women, with the main difference between Misa and Hase being that the former has a very clear idea of what personal boundaries are, why they are important, and how to set and to enforce them. Which makes sense, really, given her work as a hostess who has to entertain entitled rich drunkards every day. Through Misa, Io is discovering that giving up control is not the same as being violated (which appears to be what Hase has taught her over the years), and she's loving every second of it.

That's a really good eloquent way to phrase it. Early on Io blushes a couple times when her manager is bossing her around but the more time she spends with Masa the more she realizes how bad Hase's treatment is her is by comparison.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

the main difference between Misa and Hase being that the former has a very clear idea of what personal boundaries are

I think some readers may need to a refresher on what happened in chapter 2? I know Misa is hot, but let's not get carried away

last edited at Sep 8, 2024 10:17AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

the main difference between Misa and Hase being that the former has a very clear idea of what personal boundaries are

I think some readers may need to a refresher on what happened in chapter 2? I know Misa is hot, but let's not get carried away

Ah, indeed, those two scenes have slipped from my mind in the intervening year. But upon rereading them, it is clear to me that Misa understands that she is doing something immoral in both of those. She sees the boundaries she is overstepping, but is too horny to stop herself, especially since Io is basically a stranger to her at that point. And judging by her internal monologue and actions in later chapters, this is not a usual occurrence for her. On the other hand, while we don't get Hase's internal monologue so far, judging from what we know about her relationship with Io, it seems that a lack of personal boundaries is one of its key features.

last edited at Sep 8, 2024 10:41AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.