Forum › Posts by kinseijoshi

kinseijoshi Uploader
Suimasen Scans
joined Feb 8, 2024

I feel bad for these girls. Everyone in this manga strikes me as having been scared off of healthy exploration and finding outlets for their kink. So they're all just stuck wallowing in shame over those feelings while not actually being able to resolve the source of the shame. Repression is a motherfucker

kinseijoshi Uploader
Suimasen Scans
joined Feb 8, 2024

I hope to god that this manga adpatation gets popular enough to warrant an official or unofficial novel translation. Sci fi and yuri is seriously such a good combo

Yeah! I advocated picking this up with our translator because I would LOVE to be able to read the novels in English someday.

So, can anyone tell me which specific novel(s) this series is retold from? I'd like to try to hunt down a translation, or maybe even use it as an excuse to try to learn Japanese again. I can already tell this is going to update too slowly for me xwx

This is from the novel series of the same name. The manga serialization is currently around halfway through the first novel.

kinseijoshi Uploader
Suimasen Scans
joined Feb 8, 2024

I'm so starved of sci-fi yuri that anytime it comes up it doesn't matter how trite or cliche it is I will lap it up every time.

Also there's something very romantic about this manga, more romantic than the soppiest yuri rom coms. I can't pinpoint what it is. Maybe it's been a long time since I saw such unquestioned teamwork between the leads. Usually the drama comes from one angstily second guessing the other but either they've skipped all that or it's not the main focus right now, the main focus being fighting against societal bigot baddies.

I think the unquestioned teamwork is a big part of why the romance hits so hard, but I also think it's the commitment to push forward through serious disagreement. Although Diode was absolutely right to challenge the Clan Chief to the fishing competition, it very clearly put Terra way out of her comfort zone and led to a fairly serious argument between them. But they both realize that they're in this together, and whatever differences they have are less important than the sense of fulfillment they provide one another.

kinseijoshi Uploader
Suimasen Scans
joined Feb 8, 2024

Thanks so much to Suimasen Scans for sharing this with us!

Happy to finally get this up over here! We've been pleased to see people enjoying it, and I'm personally hoping we keep building the momentum to get a translation for the novels. Can't wait to see more of Terra and Diode's relationship and to have more of the setting's details painted in.

kinseijoshi Uploader
Suimasen Scans
joined Feb 8, 2024

Loved this - their personalities are dead on. Vol 8 was great for seeing Sorawo and Toriko figure out how to truly love one another, and this read as a really nice follow on to that. I hope Kumama decides to write more of them in the future!

kinseijoshi Uploader
Suimasen Scans
joined Feb 8, 2024

I think it's neat how well the art shows how conscious Takamine and Sakura are of one another even when they're not directly interacting. Like yeah, there's the obvious bit with Takamine hallucinating her crush in the library, but some of the more subtle paneling decisions really help create the sense that they're always thinking of one another.

The pair of pages with Sakura reading on a park bench and Takamine picking a book in the library are a good example. Sakura is shown on the park bench from an angle that makes it look like there's a big open space in Takamine's usual spot to her right. There's not a big open space to Takamine's left in the panel where Sakura usually stands, but the way the bookshelf extends across the bottom of the page creates the sense someone is missing.

I get the feeling this is symbolizing their feelings being slightly out of sync with one another [like in the last page of ch.5]. Sakura has realized her feelings for Takamine are romantic, but Takamine hasn't quite realized the same. There's another bit later on in this chapter in the park where Takamine is thinking about Sakura, but mostly in the context of how her encouragement makes the world feel less intimidating. Again, in that panel, the open space is to her right.

I thought Hatori was going to go in a completely different direction with, "Why'd you choose Takamine?"

I think it's definitely meant in that way, since Hatori makes the point of saying she has the same build as Takamine. She's just cloaking it behind her usual veil of aloofness. And since Hirose mentions Hatori seeming disinterested as a reason she didn't ask, I think it's why Hatori says it's not a bad thing that she's the one who has changed the most.