Forum › Kaijuu Iro no Shima discussion

joined Oct 21, 2013

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh ███ ███ wgah'nagl fhtagn

last edited at Aug 5, 2024 10:02PM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Thanks Kirin, this is one of my favorite series. It's so good but goes so slow... But it feels like a warm comforting blanket every time.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

But it feels like a warm comforting blanket every time.

I don't know, the latest chapters have been far more causing a feeling of dread...

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

That object to me looks like an anomalocarid mouth tentacle thing. After the aunt found the not fossil trilobites, that's my guess.

joined May 29, 2021

Is Kon getting cooked AND cucked?

Screenshot%202024-08-04%20044759
joined Jun 21, 2021

monsterfuckers unite?

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

monsterfuckers unite?

Lesbian monstergirls...

Truly the god of this island was ahead of its time.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Is Kon getting cooked AND cucked?

Damn. The double Cs lolololol

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

So perhaps Kon hasn't been eaten, perhaps the Monster just wanted a new girlfriend.

I wonder if, based on the story trajectory, Kon will be rescued and Mari will stay with the Monster (either willingly or by force) The fact that her family has had "dealings" with the monster in the past seems like a big puzzle piece at the moment.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I'm trying not to even speculate anymore. But if Mari apologises, I guess I can accept her being part of Kon and Furuka's polycule with the sea monster...

BlueStallion44
joined Aug 29, 2016

The great great granny was the one without the arm right? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kaijuu_iro_no_shima_ch20_2#7

So that means the housemaid cut off her arm when the house made became a monster?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

BlueStallion44 posted:

The great great granny was the one without the arm right? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kaijuu_iro_no_shima_ch20_2#7

So that means the housemaid cut off her arm when the house made became a monster?

No?

The stories goes as "the great-great-granny (which is now in a wheelchair) was running away with her lover (Mito) when the people of the mansion caught up to them and cut Mito's arm to separate them. Somehow, the cut arm turned into some rainbow-colored, scaled monsterified limb?"

The mystery deepens.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

I like how Mari's little near death experience made her come back nicer and much gayer.

So did Mito's arm become a monster tentacle as soon as it was cut off or was she the monster all along? If it's the latter, I wonder if Kon is unknowingly a part of the monster too. She's always given off a somewhat eerie vibe...to the point where earlier in the story some were speculating whether she was even real/already dead or something.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, this really makes things interesting now...

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Why doesn't this one get published more frequently?
T-T

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

local gay hook up spot demonized by homophobic islanders

Screenshot_2019-12-01%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20centaur's%20worries%20ch27
joined Aug 12, 2019

I like how Mari's little near death experience made her come back nicer and much gayer.

and Mari finding out that her bf was cheating on her with other girls. I'm guessing she's gaying for Furuka as to coped her breakup and slapping her. still, I rather see Furuka with Kon together.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

God I love this series so much. Please Yuri gods don't let this be shit in the end. It's so good.

last edited at Sep 1, 2024 1:35AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Now that I think about it a little more, even this revelation doesn't really clear things up, since we've already seen this, so it's entirely possible that grandma and her maid were similarly split up through an illusion, not the maid being the monster herself. Can't rule out any theories at this point, though.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^ I could buy that.

It’s cute how Mari doesn’t even try to hide she has the hots for Furuka at this point. XD

joined Oct 21, 2013

What if the villagers weren't actually being homophobic but actually saw the maid as a literal monster?

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Now that I think about it a little more, even this revelation doesn't really clear things up, since we've already seen this, so it's entirely possible that grandma and her maid were similarly split up through an illusion, not the maid being the monster herself. Can't rule out any theories at this point, though.

Well it clears up that the person/thing that grabbed Kon was definitely the monster.

Which isn't really helping her beat the got digested and died allegations.

To reply you must either login or sign up.