Forum › My Blue Garnet discussion

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Oh no I had thought this was completed. Now I have to wait T_T

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Always hard to remember everything when the releases are so far in between.

My first thought when I read they were 21 and 24 was "that's good for them they're about the same age". But Kon was shocked because in her mind they're not "around the same age".
Can't trust those young whippersnappers to have a good grip on the passage of time! :P

Well that sure went from 0-100 real quick: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_blue_garnet_ch04#31
Honestly it made me laugh...though more in surprise than amusement.

last edited at Aug 3, 2024 5:01PM

Screenshot%202024-08-04%20044759
joined Jun 21, 2021

Welp, at least she's honest xD Better than making a promise she might not be able to keep to spare her feelings in the moment

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Don't commit murder" should be an easy promise though. :eek:

20240617_120826
joined Mar 24, 2015

That sudden confession made me think I missed a page lol

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

their priorities are mismatched lmaooo
Look at the road, woman! She can't die later if she dies now, but she'll die now and that means she's dead!

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Genre changed halfway from introspective to drama to comedy

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Genre changed halfway from introspective to drama to comedy

So . . . slice of life, then.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

"I'm begging you PLEASE look at the road"

-Me to any protagonist in a car in a tense situation

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Oh no, we got another potential killer here

joined Feb 24, 2023

Kinda shrugged at that confession huh lmfaoooo, then again what do you say to that

joined Mar 19, 2019

She's such a mess lmao

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Now that she's confessed it'll end in one chapter lmao

Bbdc0419e38b238dedd03df55fae45ce
joined Jul 21, 2024

That confession was kinda random... lol

last edited at Aug 4, 2024 8:41AM

joined May 3, 2014

i am so unbelievably ready to get hurt again

Same LOL. I can already tell this is going to be angsty but it's been ages since I've actually found any yuri worthwhile. I wish there were more realistic adult life manga out there that deal with homophobia and comphet. They are very much real issues and I find the all girls school, yuri utopias where everybody is gay kinda cringy and unrelatable.

this realistic? the author is not really up there in terms of realism when it comes to relationships for sure LMAO

joined May 3, 2014

But speaking as someone who has been personally involved in more than one syrupy vanilla romance with no plot, they aren't actually unrealistic. People fall in love and are happy about it ALL THE TIME.

Cgdct is not the same as realistic happy romance. Just sayin'.

LMAO and who says that ? you? god ? like please, the dumb idea that one type of romance is more realistic is LITERALLY ignoring reality, i do not know way you lot are so blind, that unless some one suffers hell on earth for the sake of plot in an story is suddenly realistic!, and any fluffy romance story is NOT realistic, “”””Just sayin’””””

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

i am so unbelievably ready to get hurt again

Same LOL. I can already tell this is going to be angsty but it's been ages since I've actually found any yuri worthwhile. I wish there were more realistic adult life manga out there that deal with homophobia and comphet. They are very much real issues and I find the all girls school, yuri utopias where everybody is gay kinda cringy and unrelatable.

this realistic? the author is not really up there in terms of realism when it comes to relationships for sure LMAO

Doesn't everyone have a friend who had a gay affair with someone they didn't know was married and is now being chased down by their spouse who's demanding compensation? /s

Also the mentioning of comphet and homophobia has me scratching my head.
Let me know if I've forgotten something from earlier chapters since it's been months, but I don't remember either showing up in the story.
The runaway wife might be comphet but we don't know.
The MC seems to have awakened to her bisexuality since it seems she had previously been attracted to at least one guy and had a physical relationship with them.
Has anyone been homophobic?

last edited at Aug 4, 2024 11:01AM

joined May 3, 2014

Yeah, while I don't recognize all the names mentioned, I think claiming that Kodama Naoko is realistic is a bit absurd.

Realism is in the setting and the context, not in the melodramatic love story of the mcs. If it's about people in real life, with real problems, it's realistic. Try this one, it's very good.

i think you need to check the definition of realistic in stories, no Kodama Naoko ain’t fucking realistic in ANY shape or form given if you actualy live in reality not every single couple out there is scum of the earth and you really though her stories are more realistic that SCHOOL ROMANCE???

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

Wow I love this manga and am in agony that I found it before it was completed so I have to wait for it to come out bimonthly. Kon's journey of self realization and self acceptance feels so real and cathartic to me. I love her <3

When did people become such edgelords so detached from reality that they have started thinking trainwreck stories are even remotely realistic? Hell, CGDCT stories are significantly more realistic. What the fuck.

Swear to god manhwa is rotting people's brains

People really think trainwrecks don't happen in real life? They happen every day in America lol.
No but seriously just everyone should probably stop talking about realism and say what they actually mean: "I find this believable/relatable". Every single Kodama Naoko manga is "realistic" in that the setting reflects real life and the plot could plausibly actually happen to somebody somewhere. Certainly more realistic than your average manga with the "404: Men Not Found" tag, such as a large portion of "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" manga. Are Kodama Naoko manga relatable? That's entirely subjective depending on the reader. I personally for sure find the example linked earlier, "A Lying Bride's Case For Same Sex Marriage," to be far more relatable than any CGDCT series I've ever seen.

To reply you must either login or sign up.