Forum › Normality and Monsters discussion

joined Apr 10, 2023

Straight girls don't actually exist irl, so it's impossible to say what's normal for one or not :P

joined Aug 11, 2022

I am not sure what the topic of CisHet or Gay/Lesbian/Queer/etc differences. has to do with the romance relationship in this story...But I think its depends on the people involved and their life experience...Though yes I guess non-standard straight/non-CisHet relationship might have some more complexities/different unique experiences compared to standard romance relationships...But in the end it all depends on the humans involved...Which means most of the time it is easy to see (somewhat Toxic to Horrible) relationships considering that 45% of humans (The rest are average people with flaws and the small percentage good people) are scum much more worse than the giant worm monster in this manga lol [We just ignore it IRL or avoid remembering it to focus on the happy nice relationships most people have IRL or couples from manga]

There are tons of toxic Straight and gay relationships that are horrible and worst IRL than our future couple relationship lol...I had to stop reading a few toxic Yuri manga due to how toxic and messed up it was (I would have kept reading if there was a good ending but my gut was telling me that it was going end in disaster...The popular girl made her submissive friend eat bugs and did a belly piercing on her for fun...)

It actually a bit funny to me if people are mad at Worm monster girl for her actions [Though I guess I would be mad too if I almost got killed lol] since I just consider her actions to be immature and rash but understandable due to her fears about not wanting to be discovered by "Normal" humans that could kill her. It funny since it not that 'rare' for one of half of the main couple to sometimes attempt to kill each other at the start of their relationship in some manga...

Even if Worm girl monster (Takahashi) lived dozens to 100+ years I consider her to be naive and quite inexperienced...Good at social interaction and human interaction + likely Smart is a yes but it obvious she/It does not know her/It true feelings due to all her/it relationships being mostly fake/artificial for survival...Honestly She/It hit the jackpot in meeting and being discovered by our awkward and Cute MC lol...If your friend being happy to help you try to get rid of dead body evidence together while meeting her family is not the start of 'true love' then I wonder what is...Our MC is not even disgusted or gross out from Worm giant girl real form killing the teacher...MC very gay for her new 'friend' lol

Apologies for the random rant and random thoughts spillage on this manga, just want to give my thoughts when I notice some comments about our couple current relationship (Not a pure happy wholesome romance and seems very bumpy but hopefully it will turn happy and wholesome...or at least bitter twisted wholesome at the end even if our clumsy awkward MC dies...As long there is no serious physical and emotional abuse I can handle it~)

I am commenting now since I may as well since I am curious about people reactions and thoughts to the 'Future' events that might help our main couple get closer when this updates XD

last edited at Jul 23, 2024 2:26AM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

autism representation in yuri and yuri-adjacent anime/manga has been everywhere lately huh

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

autism representation in yuri and yuri-adjacent anime/manga has been everywhere lately huh

it's either social media or the vaccines

EDIT: I am obviously joking. If I could possibly medicate my autism away I'd eat the whole pharmacy.

last edited at Jul 23, 2024 4:39AM

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

Um...? What? No idea what's going on but I'm interested in finding out.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Also to those confused by what is going on: DO NOT SECOND-GUESS IT. This is slice-of-life, plain as can be.

joined May 10, 2021

Okay now we're talking.
The manga was great, but it's getting better.
Thanks for the chapter!

By%2067558489%20pixiv%20id
joined Apr 5, 2023

The expressions in this chapter were great, Takahashi's eyes going from the cutesy bright ^__^ style to lifeless and filled with disdain... So good. I really like that eye shot on page 7 in special and how tired of it all she looked on page 3.
I wonder what kind of monster is inside the teacher, or rather camouflaging as considering how it somehow assumed the form of someone that was, supposedly, digested. If it isn't a vessel then it's a being that can change its shape or capable of mentally influencing others freely, be it through more "supernatural" ways or some really weird mental trickery that works best on humans similar to eye patterns, and perhaps more adept at hunting it than Takahasi, assuming that it is capable of freely distorting itself.
I really wish I could get the raws because I have been enjoying it a lot, still haven't found them anywhere though, sad.
(I'm unemployed...>_<)

I am not sure what the topic of CisHet or Gay/Lesbian/Queer/etc differences. has to do with the romance relationship in this story...But I think its depends on the people involved and their life experience...Though yes I guess non-standard straight/non-CisHet relationship might have some more complexities/different unique experiences compared to standard romance relationships...

I don't disagree with this and from the start it was in response to a post saying this was not yuri for not following the average romance structure that you often see in the portrayal of a straight relationship in media or an allosexual gay one. You wouldn't see that sort of questioning if they were straight because certainly you could still notice the tension, positive or negative, between them.
It is not my intention to reduce things and it never was.

Even if Worm girl monster (Takahashi) lived dozens to 100+ years I consider her to be naive and quite inexperienced...Good at social interaction and human interaction + likely Smart is a yes but it obvious she/It does not know her/It true feelings due to all her/it relationships being mostly fake/artificial for survival...Honestly She/It hit the jackpot in meeting and being discovered by our awkward and Cute MC lol...If your friend being happy to help you try to get rid of dead body evidence together while meeting her family is not the start of 'true love' then I wonder what is...Our MC is not even disgusted or gross out from Worm giant girl real form killing the teacher...MC very gay for her new 'friend' lol

Agreed, she doesn't even know anymore the reason why she hides among humans and I doubt that it is because she has a mainly human-based diet. Maybe at some point she craved something more. Was she ever a hatchling?
...And that makes me wonder how old she actually is and where did she even come from, that empty space made me think a bit of outer space, a wasteland and the deep ocean but she's probably not a strictly deep aquatic creature or else she'd be dead by now from the ambience difference... maybe.
By the way, don't apologize for the 'rant', I love reading and writing lots of text on this site and I'm sure there are others who are the same. It's not like there is a strict text limit here anyway.

Also the art improved considerably in just 8 chapters, kind of cool to see that.
Still another win for the autism girls they should be kissing and/or killing other girls more

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I admit I thought this manga established how the story would go and at best we could later wonder what kind of outcome we'd get with those two. I did not expect this kind of twist to happen. With art, the ridiculous premise, and an amazing translator(s) peopleperson this is prolly my favorite thing to follow right now.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Actually there is a simple explanation:

She pooped him out and forgot about it.

joined Oct 14, 2014

Actually I wonder if a correlation can be strongly observed between recent yuri media having lots of ND characters and Morishima Akiko being an avid ADHD... uh I forgot the word but she writes about having it and being bisexual and whatnot. Advocate that's the word

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Shot in the dark: Teach is a hive mind sort of monster, sending out a new drone to replace the missing one.

This prediction is pretty much purely because I'm watching a Rimworld video about self-cloning bug people, so... Don't take it too seriously. (I do think he's some type of monster, though.)

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Takahashi's facade is crumbling in the meanwhile - not just that she became mean (which means she does care about MC to some extent), but also slipped up when the Teacher returned through unknown means. (Y'know what I mean, or was that to meandering?) And as long as he/it isn't a rapist too, I consider this an upgrade.

Also I can't believe it is going to be this manga that finally gets me to buy Lenna's Inception.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Another Monster?!

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

HWHAT!!!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Must say I wasn't expecting that. Good show.

joined Apr 16, 2022

With art, the ridiculous premise, and an amazing translator(s) peopleperson this is prolly my favorite thing to follow right now.

Thanks so much!!

The power of Tomoko Kuroki knows no bounds...

last edited at Jul 23, 2024 1:51PM

joined Apr 10, 2023

My theory is that authors writing what they know got more severely internal in scope thanks to the pandemic. Fewer interactions with neurotypicals to inspire characters results in more of the author ending up in there, and artist types are pretty heavily skewed neuodivergent in one way or another.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm guessing there's another monster in this school now...

By%2067558489%20pixiv%20id
joined Apr 5, 2023

Slenderman chameleon

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

the chapter specific tags for this one, waow....

I never thought there was such an easy way to boil down perfection.

joined Oct 14, 2014

lmao I like how this new monster never stops posing

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Alright so it was Slenderman, and then it turned into a cute girl. I'on't even know whats going on anymore.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

you know thinking about it, itou says that shes bad at understanding social cues but shes really good at reading how people feel, while takahashi is really good at understanding social cues but really bad at reading how people feel.

theyre very complimentary to each other.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The teacher being replaced by a monster was obvious, of course, but I certainly couldn't see this going where it went in the end... :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.