Forum › Normality and Monsters discussion

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

lmaooooo slender man

Also I've actually heard empowering rhetoric like this before. Embracing the hatred, the othering, directed at you by shitty people judging you for standing out compared to their normalcy. It's why so many of us love characters intended to be villains, like Ursula from The Little Mermaid (or the characters in this manga hahaha)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A fellow monster all along.

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

By the way: pineapple on pizza is fantastic, one of the best pizza toppings. you just gotta dice it instead of throwing big rough chunks on there, you want an even distribution of pineapple flavor. It's a similar concept to any combination of tangy and salty, like glazed ham or maple turkey.

joined Apr 16, 2022

By the way: pineapple on pizza is fantastic, one of the best pizza toppings. you just gotta dice it instead of throwing big rough chunks on there, you want an even distribution of pineapple flavor. It's a similar concept to any combination of tangy and salty, like glazed ham or maple turkey.

I think it's not really about taste to me, I just don't like the idea of any fruit on pizza. Maybe because it's damp, or too sweet, not sure.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I think it's not really about taste to me, I just don't like the idea of any fruit on pizza. Maybe because it's damp, or too sweet, not sure.

I feel like a massive dork saying this, but tomato sauce is technically fruit sauce >.>

わためlunlun
joined Jul 4, 2024

the taste of pineapple on pizza makes me gag

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Outta all places to see Slenderman, this wasn't one I was expecting lol

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

If you pre-roast the pineapple chunks it takes care of the dampness and excessive sweetness and neutralizes the enzymes that cause issues with the cheese and crust.

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

I feel like a massive dork saying this, but tomato sauce is technically fruit sauce >.>

Some people definitely don't like tomato sauce either for some reason. I have a friend who hates pizza unless it's made with white sauce, but she actually makes an exception for Hawaiian pizza lol

joined Sep 27, 2017

Some people definitely don't like tomato sauce either for some reason. I have a friend who hates pizza unless it's made with white sauce, but she actually makes an exception for Hawaiian pizza lol

Yeah people have all different kinds of preferences, and so you get various unique kinds of pizza. lol that's interesting that an exception gets made for Hawaiian pizza though, and for me I don't eat pork so I bounce off that kind

joined May 10, 2021

Mmmhhh right, I quite like this new monster.
But I sure fucking despise pineapple on my pizza... These are for the real monsters.
Also white sauce based pizza are amazing.
Thanks for the chapter!

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Just so people don't get the wrong idea, the monster is saying they are LIKE Slender Man in appearance/size, not that they are.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Let's destroy humanity by being weird.

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

Yeah people have all different kinds of preferences, and so you get various unique kinds of pizza. lol that's interesting that an exception gets made for Hawaiian pizza though, and for me I don't eat pork so I bounce off that kind

I know of a fantastic halal pizza place, they make their Hawaiian pizza with turkey bacon and turkey ham :) it's delicious

joined Sep 27, 2017

I know of a fantastic halal pizza place, they make their Hawaiian pizza with turkey bacon and turkey ham :) it's delicious

Oh nice, turkey as a substitute sounds like it would be good

joined Aug 11, 2022

Ah, yes the normality of not getting in each other's way...Sounds about right. As long as no one gets hurt, bullied or mocked for it for being slightly different then that normal is fine.
Yeah some people will admire those who are outspoken, unique and different while others will scold or think those people are weird and disrupting society.

I am fine with most types of pizza, mostly neutral about Pineapple pizza but eh as long it's not very spicy pizza then I can eat it.

MC is differently the unique type of different person that is not part of society's 'normal' (Her grandma is a fine example of saying fk the norms with her fashion sense lol)...Most normal people would scream and cry when being face with being killed but she went with cutting herself and threatening to damage her body so her monster friend can't use it...In fact most people won't even try to befriend a monster girl after seeing her kill someone XD

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I love the irony of the "Yeah, I'm an evil monster!" doppelganger still being an improvement over the (at least attempted) rapist teacher as a person. Really reinforcing that theme of questioning the "normal / weird" arbitrary social dichotomy.

Also I like the shark teeth. Good ol' manic gremlin energy. Feeling envy.

As for food chat: Pineapple on pizza can be good if properly prepared. (As already mentioned, big soggy chunks are the opposite of properly prepared.) But I draw the line at people that replace tomato sauce with ranch dressing. That ceases to be pizza and becomes something else. (Though I admit bias because ranch dressing tastes gross to me. Didn't always, but I can't remember the last time it tasted good. Has to be decades ago at the earliest.)

Bbdc0419e38b238dedd03df55fae45ce
joined Jul 21, 2024

I love the irony of the "Yeah, I'm an evil monster!" doppelganger still being an improvement over the (at least attempted) rapist teacher as a person. Really reinforcing that theme of questioning the "normal / weird" arbitrary social dichotomy.

Despite being a comedy manga, page 14 had a deep, thought-provoking moment that got me even more hooked.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/normality_and_monsters_ch10#14

last edited at Oct 5, 2024 6:40PM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I'm liking all this commentary on society, normality and capitalism basically and how it all turns Itou into a monster because it actually makes sense

Also pineapple pizza for the win

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Despite being a comedy manga, page 14 had a deep, thought-provoking moment that got me even more hooked.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/normality_and_monsters_ch10#14

I mean it has its "comedic" moments but calling it a comedy manga is a heavy stretch imo

To reply you must either login or sign up.