Forum › Becoming Her Lover for the Sake of Love discussion

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ uhhhh... does upper slant mean that the outer side of the eyes slants up when compared to the inner side, or the other way around (inner when compared to outer)?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

^ uhhhh... does upper slant mean that the outer side of the eyes slants up when compared to the inner side, or the other way around (inner when compared to outer)?

The former~

Look at this: The left is an example of Tsurime (slant up), the right one of Tareme (slant down)

joined Oct 22, 2018

The former~

Look at this: The left is an example of Tsurime (slant up), the right one of Tareme (slant down)

thank

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

I can't fathom folks showing up to a new work from one of vanishingly few mangaka (or published authors in general) repping committed aro/ace relationships to say "gosh, I hope this one is more like everything else I read!"

I'll be eager to see how Usui develops the story either way, but that's because I trust her not to feel beholden to every romance trope.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm personally interested in finding out more about Asako's sister, since that hairpin seems to be a keepsake from her (the panel focuses on the hairpin when she thinks about her sister).

I'd also like to know a bit more about Yachiyo, since Asako's relaxed enough to be on a first-name basis with her (albeit with "-chan" rather than yobisute like with Asako and Nagi), but at the same time, Yachiyo doesn't know about Asako's reading manga, since she assumed Asako went to the office to work.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I can't fathom folks showing up to a new work from one of vanishingly few mangaka (or published authors in general) repping committed aro/ace relationships to say "gosh, I hope this one is more like everything else I read!"

I'll be eager to see how Usui develops the story either way, but that's because I trust her not to feel beholden to every romance trope.

I really hope that there will be more ace-aro narratives in the future. So much good stuff to explore! Confusion, tender feelings, independence, societal pressure, friendship/romance distinctions, more confusion, platonic affection, deciding your own relationship rules, cuddling without lewdness... I mean, I would consume tons of that if it were more available.

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

So, from what Asako san's monologue, may I assume that something is going to happen to her life once she turns 18? Is it something to do with arranged marriage?
But I have to agree on something: you'll want to kiss someone when it's time, and naturally.
You'll know when to kiss..
I wonder why there is no research about this. Like, when is the right time to kiss?
Does your body just know if it's the right time to kiss?
And hopefully, there is a research about it and the starting line it goes with this:"Apparently, your body does know when the right time is for kissing!.."

joined Jan 14, 2020

may I assume that something is going to happen to her life once she turns 18? Is it something to do with arranged marriage?

Based on the content of the chapter, mostly likely she's just trying to "catch up" to her sister. Her sister ran away for love at 18, Asako wants to at least understand love by 18.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

may I assume that something is going to happen to her life once she turns 18? Is it something to do with arranged marriage?

Based on the content of the chapter, mostly likely she's just trying to "catch up" to her sister. Her sister ran away for love at 18, Asako wants to at least understand love by 18.

Maybe she'll burst into flames if she's not married by next Friday. The gods are truly cruel.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Maybe she'll burst into flames if she's not married by next Friday. The gods are truly cruel.

The gods are just fed up with useless lesbians and have decided to intervene

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

So, from what Asako san's monologue, may I assume that something is going to happen to her life once she turns 18?

She'll turn back into a pumpkin

joined Mar 15, 2015

It's interesting to hear about Asako's sister eloping, but it seems a bit too simple of an explanation. I personally think there will be a flashback of some sort to elaborate on this.

The 18th birthday deadline seems to be rather early on in the series, not to mention the school year- I assume that it's April/May given the winter uniforms(long sleeves and blazers) and that Asako hasn't retired from student council to focus on exams. As such, while I'm tempted to predict that Asako's grandfather will set her up with an arranged marriage(which may be why her sister eloped at such a young age), I doubt that anything that drastic will happen this early on. It's possible that they may cover a day at most for each chapter, but 12 days doesn't seem to be enough in-universe time to develop Asako and Nagi's relationship.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

It may seem odd, but there really are people who set arbitrary deadlines for themselves or assign a lot of meaning to anniversaries and dates from their past. Especially when it concerns family members, and especially when they're obsessed with / unfulfilled in their relationship with that person. It wouldn't seem strange to me that Asako, who doesn't seem to spend a lot of time allowing herself to experience emotions, has those kinds of symbolic dates in her mental and emotional landscape.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Don't get hit by a dump truck, everyone.

Wall%20e%20pfp
joined Dec 9, 2023

I really like the way Asako is portrayed
Very thought driven and all that
She's just like me frfr

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

Oh my...
If that's the case, we'll assume the mangaka to have a one whole page of Asako's drawing getting burnt in live .
Time to suggest the Tragedy tag here..

The gods are just fed up with useless lesbians and have decided to intervene

May I ask the gods, what should lesbians do so that they are not useless?

She'll turn back into a pumpkin

Great! At least the useless lesbian becomes productivity simply by turning into a product...

It may seem odd, but there really are people who set arbitrary deadlines for themselves or assign a lot of meaning to anniversaries and dates from their past. Especially when it concerns family members, and especially when they're obsessed with / unfulfilled in their relationship with that person. It wouldn't seem strange to me that Asako, who doesn't seem to spend a lot of time allowing herself to experience emotions, has those kinds of symbolic dates in her mental and emotional landscape.

Oh, I understand this. I used to not understand about people talking about how they want to achieve something by 30, or in their mid 20s..
Actually, I still don't quite understand now.
Because I was taught that, we have our own pace. Somewhere, somehow, definitely, slowly but surely, we will get to a point where we understand what we want and we will pursue it according to our own timeline..

last edited at Jul 9, 2024 11:16PM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

i can't help but think that running away for love at 18 as a mental goal is wild since you're still basically a child, maybe it's cause I'm older but all 18-year-olds feel like babies. You're super fresh into the world and I doubt her sister knew enough about love besides the superficial attraction to the person. I can't imagine an 18-year-old running away for love being a good goal for someone who's supposedly the student council prez. Someone who's supposedly smart, demonstrated to be a leader and should know that it's not logical to think that way lol

joined Jan 14, 2020

I don't think her goal is to run away at 18, it's to get a clue about love by 18. If her sister ran away, she can at least do that much, right? (Her thoughts, not mine.)

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

The Gon Freecs of yuri trying to find out whats so good about cigarettes

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

It's interesting to hear about Asako's sister eloping, but it seems a bit too simple of an explanation. I personally think there will be a flashback of some sort to elaborate on this.

From the way Asako talks about it her sister's departure ("she left me"), I think gaining experience is not just about catching up, but to understand why her sister would give her up for the sake of "love". If she can confirm that "love" really is so amazing that it's worth burning bridges with your family, including an innocent younger sibling, then maybe she can make peace with being left behind. But it's possible that she will fall for Nagi anyway, and it still won't fill the void left by her sister.

I'm not judging her sis or anything; we really don't know anything specific about the situation yet. Just speculating about Asako's inner logic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.