Forum › The Skirt Sings at the Landing discussion

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Progress...?

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Actually, rereading the chapter a few times I don't think Mona is actually telling Shion to literally "dump" her problems on Kiki and that statement was just Mona calling Shion out on how she said Kiki was the only person who saw her for who she was.

Mona prefaces that scene with "what am I to you?" so I think it's more like a "How dare you say Kiki is the only one who sees your true self when you've only told these selfish feelings to me? If you truly believe you can be your true self around Kiki, then you better dump these feelings on Kiki too!" It's more of a frustrated rant from Mona comparing who actually "sees" Shion's true self than advice (although I do think in the overall convo Mona is still telling Shion to open up more in general and talk to Kiki to work out their problems).

Yeah. I think fixating on Mona's exact phrasing is a mistake here. She is not giving Shion therapeutic advice, but releasing her own frustrations that she has been pushing down until now. I'm sure Shion takeaway is just that she should clear things up with Kiki, not that she has been using the wrong girl as an emotional dumping ground.

Lol whoops just realized you pretty much said the same thing but in less words xD

last edited at Apr 13, 2024 8:00AM

Panchbirdtoreva
joined Dec 14, 2020

Lets do the in my feelings challenge!

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I love the way they handled that. They both know of Shion's feelings, but she doesn't need to be rejected to move on. Just being able to face Kiki and tell her that she knows they aren't compatible is enough, because they both know what isn't said. It's a nice way to avoid being blunt, yet not leaving anything secret or any misunderstanding.

That feels like a good, if late, conclusion. And I guess it's fate that she ended up getting off the bus near Mona's house !

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Oh hey, a Shion chapter that isn't awful! How novel. :P

But seriously, this was a really nice chapter. Looks like it's Kiki's turn now to take up the mantle of angst for this series.

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

This was a lovely chapter.

I love the way they handled that. They both know of Shion's feelings, but she doesn't need to be rejected to move on. Just being able to face Kiki and tell her that she knows they aren't compatible is enough, because they both know what isn't said. It's a nice way to avoid being blunt, yet not leaving anything secret or any misunderstanding.

Yeah, well said.

last edited at Jun 23, 2024 9:01PM

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Is it okay that I still don't like Shion? I don't really understand what Mona sees in her. This was a lovely chapter though.

Ava-min
joined Dec 8, 2022

pg. 228 - The big reveal: Mona is always giving Shion head

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

They really just introduced the sister and shoved her in the back pocket, so far everything is unfolding as if she didn't visit :P

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

This was a beautiful and emotional chapter! T____________T

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm glad that my biggest worries have been proved wrong and the manga is going in a much healthier direction, they ARE talking and is emotional, and doesn't need to be turn into a fight or misunderstanding or let to explode until the last second.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lovely. ^_^

Yonagi%20doesn't%20care
joined Sep 26, 2016

Is it okay that I still don't like Shion?

No. The opinion police will be visiting you soon.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Beautiful chapter. Really satisfying end to Shion's arc. Loved how they handled the whole conversation.

joined Aug 13, 2023

Aaaahhhh I'm glad....

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Is it okay that I still don't like Shion? I don't really understand what Mona sees in her. This was a lovely chapter though.

﴾๑ᵔ͈▽ᵔ͈﴿づ⊂(ᵕ̎๑)

I don't hate her, but I'm constantly annoyed with her, and by extension Mona which I dont want to be bc I like Mona.

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

beautiful chapter, that mona shion taiyaki scene is great

To reply you must either login or sign up.