Forum › Unaware His Majesty Is a Girl discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

Presumably that's not an easy mistake to make in Japanese.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Chinese, isn't it? And ye, i assume if anything it'd just be a typo. Martial and Marital are almost identical after all

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Chinese, isn't it? And ye, i assume if anything it'd just be a typo. Martial and Marital are almost identical after all

Why would marital talents be hidden in her case, though? She is pretty upfront about her entire life revolving around this marriage. Martial ability, on the other hand, would be quite unexpected...

joined Jun 21, 2021

Why would marital talents be hidden in her case, though? She is pretty upfront about her entire life revolving around this marriage. Martial ability, on the other hand, would be quite unexpected...

Yeah that's true. I was just wondering since it'd be completely out of left field and it's an easy typo to make. If she really ends up being some kinda surprise martial arts master that would be pretty funny xD

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Martial is intentional, just for the record.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Are we sure it shouldn't be marital instead of martial? Would make more sense to me considering she learned a multitude of skills to be a good wife, not to be a great warrior xD

That wouldn't be a SECRET skill though. I'm certainly hoping she's secretly a major kick-ass fighter, it would go weirdly perfectly with her cute inoffensive looks and bearing.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Cool, so she's gone full Subaru Nakajima after her rescue. :3

joined Jun 21, 2021

Gotcha, thanks! Gonna be interesting to see how that comes into play later then~ :3

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

Okay I get 16 and 23 was somewhat normal back then, but uh. Kind of which they nudged it up to 20 and 23 even if it loses some of the historical flair.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

That wouldn't be a SECRET skill though. I'm certainly hoping she's secretly a major kick-ass fighter, it would go weirdly perfectly with her cute inoffensive looks and bearing.

There are two types of characters you should never underestimate. One is the old person in a profession where one statistically dies young. The other is the seemingly oblivious and sweet person that has survived being surrounded by scheming manipulators.

...Also feels like somebody should make a quip about endurance and finger strength here, but eh.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

^Beware the wrath of a quiet man.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Clever girl, once again.

last edited at Apr 28, 2024 12:15PM

Itsy Bitsy Spooder
Spooder
joined Jan 22, 2024

she's crafty af

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

At this point, the Emperor needs to acknowledge that she's accidentally married her greatest court asset and come clean with her about everything.

last edited at Apr 28, 2024 3:58PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

why mung bean soup?

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

why mung bean soup?

Mung beans have relatively high nutritional value. And are apparently relatively cheap as well (though a cursory search tells me they actually suffer a high crop yield loss, mostly due to pests and disease).

So she's being frugal while still providing for the servants. (Instead of, as I expect the kitten killer would opt for, starving the help. Because she's blatantly evil.)

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

why mung bean soup?

Mung beans have relatively high nutritional value. And are apparently relatively cheap as well (though a cursory search tells me they actually suffer a high crop yield loss, mostly due to pests and disease).

So she's being frugal while still providing for the servants. (Instead of, as I expect the kitten killer would opt for, starving the help. Because she's blatantly evil.)

I like that we get to see how she interacts with others too, and how she's kind towards everyone. It makes her a really fun character that I can root for.

joined Jan 6, 2017

why mung bean soup?

In Chinese medicine mung beans have a cool attribute, so she's giving them something to cool down with since it seems to be hot outside

last edited at Apr 28, 2024 9:57PM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

She reminded me of Shin-chan as she looked back, preparing to execute Operation Plums.

To reply you must either login or sign up.