Forum › Normality and Monsters discussion

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

“I can’t call this ‘gap moe’” If you’re a coward, maybe

last edited at Apr 9, 2024 10:35PM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Oh, this is fun! Thanks for the translator's note on "babe", that really is a dilemma...

joined Aug 21, 2017

This is here, nice.
Also, how many Comedy manga can claim they have a "bone disposing" arc? Not many, I'd imagine.

Kazanari_tsubasasm
joined Mar 15, 2016

This looks promising I'm excited to see where it goes

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oooh! so happy to find this incredible work here too!
I really like the protagonist! I'm cheering for her

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I think people are gonna look back on the 2020s as a real golden age for sapphic horror. And this series is definitely shaping up to be a really wonderful addition to the ranks

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The Manticore arc of Boogiepop, but yuri. I can dig it

joined Mar 25, 2019

She's literally Shai Hulud

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Me and the bad monster i pulled by being autistic, the manga.

Thanks for the translation, the credits/tl notes were great!

joined Sep 19, 2015

Honestly, the tension in the story pales in comparison to the harrowing philosophical dilemmas in the translator's notes. Looking forward to more of both

last edited at Apr 10, 2024 2:38AM

joined Aug 4, 2020

The real yuri

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

As an autistic person, this is almost painfully relatable

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I know we just started, but I'm already wondering about what type of ending a story like this could have. Not to mention countless questions about how certain things work.

joined Oct 23, 2022

Neither of the artists has ever done Yuri before and the introduction of the work doesn't use the word Yur but the friendship so I wonder why is this work tagged as Yuri? Did at least one of the characters fall in love in the following chapter if not then I would suggest tagging it with subtext instead of Yuri.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

I know we just started, but I'm already wondering about what type of ending a story like this could have. Not to mention countless questions about how certain things work.

Oh, you know, just typical Yuriblob shit. One chapter they'll go shopping, another chapter they'll go on a ferris wheel, and we might (?) even see their school trip to an aquarium.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Neither of the artists has ever done Yuri before and the introduction of the work doesn't use the word Yur but the friendship so I wonder why is this work tagged as Yuri? Did at least one of the characters fall in love in the following chapter if not then I would suggest tagging it with subtext instead of Yuri.

It's tagged as Yuri by Bookwalker and the author has mentioned Yuri while discussing this work. So, it seems fine until something changes.

last edited at Apr 10, 2024 9:26AM

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

she really thought "getting rid of a body together can be so intimate and romantic, we are really dependent on each other now" and i admire her for it

joined Apr 16, 2022

The Bookwalker page does tag it as yuri, as well as romance. The Comicwalker page does not, admittedly (though it did have a "romance" tag before the website's redesign); looking at other sites that sell the volume, the tagging is actually pretty inconsistent in this regard. But the publication it's in, Comic Beam, publishes a number of yuri manga, as you can see from its page here, so I can't imagine there would be publisher pressure or anything to make it "not yuri."

In addition, I don't think it's true that neither mangaka has done yuri. The writer also did this oneshot, basically a comedy about a "yuri death game," as well as a previous series that at least on Twitter they claim to be yuri by the end (I haven't read it myself, maybe I should?).

Finally, while I understand the word "love" wasn't used, I really can't interpret Itou's reactions in chapter 2 in any other way lol. When you're having a meltdown over another girl getting close to you and thinking about how good she smells, that's not friendship. So while I do think it's kind of on the yuri/subtext borderline, there's enough there that I'm comfortable calling it yuri.

last edited at Apr 10, 2024 9:41AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

As an autistic person, this is almost painfully relatable

Truth and mood.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Ah, finally a romcom with sympathic and relatable characters for once.

Also, I'd like to order 3 chapters of just TL's notes.

Pfp2
joined Jan 11, 2022

I really appreciate the TL notes at the end Cogito, they're super interesting and helpful to someone learning Japanese (like myself).

I find it really interesting to see the rabbit-hole you sometimes have to go down to translate "slang".

joined Apr 16, 2022

I really appreciate the TL notes at the end Cogito, they're super interesting and helpful to someone learning Japanese (like myself).

I find it really interesting to see the rabbit-hole you sometimes have to go down to translate "slang".

Thank you! They're fun to write. I could probably talk for hours about translation choices since I find it fascinating. お砂糖関係/"sugary relationship" is the deepest rabbit hole I've gone down so far since I had to read through this entire Japanese article to understand it (or well, half understand it, my vocabulary isn't great and I wasn't going to look up every kanji in that article I didn't know lol), but you and @Zesc can be assured that more long TL notes are coming. :)

last edited at Apr 10, 2024 12:45PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

An interesting start so far to be sure.

joined Apr 5, 2023

Worm yuri, yum. I really like the mouth design

joined Oct 23, 2022

The Bookwalker page does tag it as yuri, as well as romance. The Comicwalker page does not, admittedly (though it did have a "romance" tag before the website's redesign); looking at other sites that sell the volume, the tagging is actually pretty inconsistent in this regard. But the publication it's in, Comic Beam, publishes a number of yuri manga, as you can see from its page here, so I can't imagine there would be publisher pressure or anything to make it "not yuri."

In addition, I don't think it's true that neither mangaka has done yuri. The writer also did this oneshot, basically a comedy about a "yuri death game," as well as a previous series that at least on Twitter they claim to be yuri by the end (I haven't read it myself, maybe I should?).

Finally, while I understand the word "love" wasn't used, I really can't interpret Itou's reactions in chapter 2 in any other way lol. When you're having a meltdown over another girl getting close to you and thinking about how good she smells, that's not friendship. So while I do think it's kind of on the yuri/subtext borderline, there's enough there that I'm comfortable calling it yuri.

Cool thanks for your reply now I can read it reassuredly without worrying about friendship ending

To reply you must either login or sign up.