Forum › Clandestine Affair discussion

joined Jan 8, 2016

Wow, the art's utterly gorgeous. Thanks for the chapter, the text looked so pretty too!

joined Aug 21, 2017

Me and chirally inverted who?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Gorgeous, yeah.

Glowing mirror and talking reflection makes me think Fantasy or Supernatural more than Historical

I thought the second woman would be the very attentive maid, not this mirror-person. :(

joined May 10, 2021

Fam how can one forsake such a good looking wife?
In the other hand, yuri happens thanks to him... So he's good.
Also my words the art's nice!
Thanks for the translation!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Needs a supernatural tag.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

the opening lines sound like they were aiming for dickens.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Art is so pretty

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Glowing mirror and talking reflection makes me think Fantasy or Supernatural more than Historical

Historical is because it's set in the 1920s

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

the opening lines sound like they were aiming for dickens.

That's what I thought too! The juxtaposition stood out a lot

joined Apr 6, 2019

Indeed. But I wasn't expecting magic, spirits and cursed mirrors! That development caught me completely by surprise, heh.

I thought this was going to be like Couple of Mirrors. Know what I mean? A realistic drama set in the 1920s, with a yuri love story between the wife of a cheating rich man and a lowly commoner girl—the main difference being that in CoM the commoner girl was a thief and in this manhua I expected her to be a cabaret singer. It appears I was slightly off beam on some details. :P

I don't know if I would change the tagging, tho. On one hand, adding a tag like "Magic" or "Supernatural" seems reasonable. On the other hand it would totally spoil the big surprise... so maybe leaving it like this is a good idea.

last edited at Jan 10, 2024 12:51PM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Her dress is amazing.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Impossibly Gorgeous tag when?

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Indeed. But I wasn't expecting magic, spirits and cursed mirrors! That development caught me completely by surprise, heh.

I thought this was going to be like Couple of Mirrors. Know what I mean? A realistic drama set in the 1920s, with a yuri love story between the wife of a cheating rich man and a lowly commoner girl—the main difference being that in CoM the commoner girl was a thief and in this manhua I expected her to be a cabaret singer. It appears I was slightly off beam on some details. :P

I don't know if I would change the tagging, tho. On one hand, adding a tag like "Magic" or "Supernatural" seems reasonable. On the other hand it would totally spoil the big surprise... so maybe leaving it like this is a good idea.

This story is like if couple of mirrors was actually about mirrors

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Just another poster here to say the art is breathtaking. Wow. I'm glad I checked this one out.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Opening lines seem to be channeling Dickens. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times . . ."

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Just voicing my disappointment that this isn't Espionage, albeit the title. Also the Prologue probably belongs into a church window somewhere.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Does the strange lady want to have Bai Yuetao's body in the sexual sense, or does she have something else in mind (as well)?

She introduces herself as Butterfly Dream, which is the title of a Classical Chinese story in Zhuangzi. In this story the author, after dreaming about flying around as a butterfly, wakes up wondering if he just dreamed about being a butterfly, or if he's actually a butterfly dreaming about being a human.

That story is about the Dream Argument (the unreliability of human senses), so maybe I'm trying to make a connection that is too literal. But if magic is already on the table, then maybe a body swap is or possession is possible. It could be something like in Your Name, each of them piloting the other's body while asleep.

last edited at Jan 11, 2024 11:33PM

Hololive%2032
joined May 1, 2018

This lady is STUNNING in her green dress omg, also the purple butterflies and the mirror make me think about persona haha

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

The art is goooorgeeeeous, on that alone, I'll read, plus I like some magic women in magic mirrors, why not.

joined May 10, 2021

Mmhh I had completely forgotten about this...
Yuetao is way too fucking good looking though.
Thanks for the chapter!

joined Jan 3, 2020

This looks like it could be really good!

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

the art and stylistic choices continue to impress me, especially the shower scene in this chapter. I truly feel like we're experiencing a yuri rennaissance with all these new chinese series getting translated now.

joined May 10, 2021

Still looks incredible.
I wonder what the mirror lady has in store for the husband.
Thanks for the chapter!

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Art is shockingly and pleasantly top-notch. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Fundrips_bb
joined Jul 20, 2013

I’m absolutely in love with these beauties.

To reply you must either login or sign up.