Forum › A Love Yet To Bloom discussion

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

The british English was really thick on this chapter. I wish they'd use normal standard English.

It's funny that English came from the Brits yet theirs is not 'standard'.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

The british English was really thick on this chapter. I wish they'd use normal standard English.

Funnily enough, I was just having a conversation with someone this past week about how the internet is causing British and American English to blend. It was after their phone gave both "canceled" and "cancelled" as auto-complete options, and they couldn't remember which one was the American spelling. Seeing more and more people/places adopt "grey" for "gray" or "axe" for "ax" &c. It'll be interesting to see what happens to spelling over the next 20 years.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Funnily enough, I was just having a conversation with someone this past week about how the internet is causing British and American English to blend. It was after their phone gave both "canceled" and "cancelled" as auto-complete options, and they couldn't remember which one was the American spelling. Seeing more and more people/places adopt "grey" for "gray" or "axe" for "ax" &c. It'll be interesting to see what happens to spelling over the next 20 years.

Y'all be making a wee linguistic mess, innit?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think international streaming has a lot to do with it too. A bunch of Brit TV mystery series with regional dialects would be incomprehensible without captions—I’d ken nowt wi’out ‘em.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

these gay dorks are just too cute

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

*waggles a hand* Orthography is orthogonal to language and kind of irrelevant, so not really a "mess" per se. Shifts that were already in progress seem to have accelerated, and the rate of new words and new usages and senses for old words reaching beyond their in-group has become much more common on account of everyone being connected now. But that's just how language works. It's a really exciting time to be a linguist observing English, honestly.

PS: there's no such thing as "Standard" English. It's not French (and plenty of French people make fun of the Académie Française anyway).

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

PS: there's no such thing as "Standard" English. It's not French (and plenty of French people make fun of the Académie Française anyway).

When I was taught English at school (as a foreign language) it was "officially" British English, at least according to curriculum, not sure if that's common around the world. But realistically it also didn't matter in 99% of cases :P

last edited at Jan 12, 2024 9:59AM

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Today, in A Love Yet to Bloom : Hirose makes a freaking good wingwoman now that she's reconciled with her own feelings; ever more blushing, now also enhanced with additional handholding and matching accessories; and Hinata is fifth wheeling a double date, but fortunately, she has four caring mothers to take care of her.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This chapter is so freaking healing, I think I overdosed.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The credit page was lol :) Even tho its quite an obvious turn of phrase ive never seen it used before 'You two are so dense Im amazed you havn't turned into black holes yet.' lol.

last edited at Jan 31, 2024 6:43AM

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Poor Hinata being a fifth wheel XD

Hirose was great this chapter too. And I think I'm sensing a side-ship brewing between her and Hatori...

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I love how the friends are actively wingwomening it big time now XD It's a good thing they do, Takamine in particular is going to need all the help she can get.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I love everything about this chapter. Hirose was on fire; the entire "this needs to stop" exchange was pure gold. The power of friendship was in full force as well, and I absolutely loved that. Gay or not gay, it's clear that these things mean a lot to Sakura, especially with the frames on pages 15 and 21 showing her reactions, it is incredibly adorable. And the handholding and matching items and promises and stuff, just pure fluff, I adore that. Also kinda felt bad for Hinata once she realized she was five-wheeling, but the entire matching set was a great "recovery". And also the thing between Hirose and Hatori:

I've been actually shipping Hatori and Hirose for no apparent reason...

An excerpt of one of my earlier comments. I'm still seeing that, and I'm a big fan of the development.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

It got racy with the lewds but at least in the end they used protection

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Their poor wingwoman is bingo ammo, but can't make a dent. Her exacerbation is palpable.

joined Jul 8, 2019

So many shippers and wingmen... this is a whole carrier taskforce

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Hirose was the MVP of this chapter, hands down. "This needs to stop" and then all her little reactions throughout (and then Hatori's reactions to her)... chef's kiss.

Like Shio/Takamine was mega cute too, of course! They're the Cuteness Microwave Background and they feel like they got a little closer this chapter too! It's just Hirose stole the show.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Hirose is quickly becoming my favorite character in this story.

It got racy with the lewds but at least in the end they used protection

Finally, a manga couple who understand the dangers of unprotected hand-holding. :-)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I could cry right now, it makes me so happy

joined May 10, 2021

Fuck yes author-san, give me that fucking diabetes.
My words that was a great chapter! Thanks a lot for the translation!

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

hmm black holes. Maybe neutron stars...

109669413_p0~2
joined Aug 17, 2022

sakura might be the sweetest thing on this site.

joined May 29, 2019

yeah this chapter was a delight

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

They're all so cute as friends!! It's not like I'm against the yuri but sometimes some couples work so good as friends to me (kind of like elisha and Honoka from otome no teikoku) that it's weird when I see them turn into something else, kind of forced, and we got the plus of the extended friend group that works great so it's really hard

Also Hinata is the cutest thing ever lol she's so in her own world

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Let's recap friend by friend.

Hinata - Oblivious as fuck. Can't read the room to save her life, made up for her by her sheer enthusiasm and the force with which she sets up events.
Hirose - Wingmanning. Knows what's up with Takamine and Sakura, doesn't know what's up with Hatori.
Hatori - Ambiguous and go-with-the-flow style. Seems fine no matter what happens, focused on Hirose.
Takamine - Dense and cowardly. This adorable little idiot probably hasn't crystalized her feelings yet but instinctively places herself everywhere Sakura is.
Sakura - Not dense, but cowardly. Knows exactly what's going on but isn't doing anything about it either. Sakura! Take charge you idiot!

The handholding scene makes me think that Sakura is self-conscious in a way I wasn't expecting. Like, she's so aware I'm wondering if she's got some gay anxiety, as in afraid of how Takamine may respond to her gay feelings. So far this manga hasn't really felt like it would delve into that kind of a topic, but it's always a possibility.

To reply you must either login or sign up.