Forum › Posts by RivalRedRogue

joined Sep 9, 2015

Anyways as someone with many siblings I don’t understand how y’all romanticize incest so much. Yes I know it’s fictional. The only incest I’ll allow is step siblings that just met each other.

As someone also with many siblings and not attracted to any of them that way (but they are very good looking!), I can't say for sure. I'm very glad I'm not attracted to them because we are very family oriented and they're not going away. But it's probably a special personal hell to be tormented constantly (an unrequited love even) by someone you will probably see for the rest of your life. I've had enough of my own unrequited love by people that came and went in my life, I'd never want that for a sibling.

Personally, I clicked and kept going for the art. And tags are just tags... Sometimes I'm vaguely interested in the theme just to see how it is written. If I don't jive with it, I click out.

On a side note about the art, I was chuckling when the bonus pages came up that told us how tall the characters were - the author to me draws them tall like they're 5'7 (especially Kiku) but they're like 5'5 and under lol. Yuria is definitely drawn like she's 5'0 though, cute.

RivalRedRogue
joined Sep 9, 2015

Hirose is quickly becoming my favorite character in this story.

It got racy with the lewds but at least in the end they used protection

Finally, a manga couple who understand the dangers of unprotected hand-holding. :-)

I noticed their balloon was a cat balloon and the other one was a dog balloon. So cute!! Love the wordless string holding :)

RivalRedRogue
joined Sep 9, 2015

Surprising levels of acceptance from her friends about same-sex dating. Refreshing to see.

So from my perspective and experience in high school (America, not Japan - the manga here is of course fiction), I personally agree with you. However, I'm closer to 40 than 30, and in my conversations with my siblings' kids and even young adults in their 20s, same sex dating (or other variations) are much more common - or even the conversations are openly held comfortably, maybe depending on location - but certainly more than when I was growing up. I was quite surprised by this in reality.

joined Sep 9, 2015

Actually,they might be involved in the little bit of involvement with WWI,if I remember their era ecorrectly.

We have to pretend that doesn't happen because Japan waged bone-chilling wars during this time period

Premise: “Taisho-era Japanese military, only fluffy, full of women and cute girls, and yuri-friendly.”

History: “Um, . . . I . . .that’s not . . . there were no . . . uh . . .” [trails off.]

Yeah I remember reading the premise years ago and thinking, "Is this going to end well given the time period?" And it's about as much as I'd expected without incident, thankfully. They are very dashing in their uniforms, but I had to put it out of my mind exactly what they were training for...

joined Sep 9, 2015

Yesss lovely! Just caught up with the prior two chapters before the last two so I could remember the drama lol. Nice to see a resolution and heartwarming yuri!! Probably the only thing I didn't get from this series was them calling each other by their first names, but love the feels throughout the end.

Also. Kagami is an absolute stunner at the end. She was already one of my favorite types, but full grown in uniform and long hair down? Ohkay <3

RivalRedRogue
joined Sep 9, 2015

If you click the artist link at the top of the doujin, you'll end up on their page, with links to various social media. Have at it!

Thank you soooo much! :)

Man. Reading all the stuff about trying to find yuri in everything with subtext etc really brings me back. It's great time to be alive when I can actually pick through yuri now...

...unless you get on one of those rare ships (sweatdrop). Happens more than I'd like, haha

RivalRedRogue
joined Sep 9, 2015

In the remake, with the close up cameras and voice acting etc giving more feels, there are lots of little scenes between them- that I wouldnt say are flirting or even subtext- but they sure are fuel for the fire and make you think about the posibility. They have a certain chemistry and closeness.

I am so with you on the chemistry in FF7R. I only played through with the English voices though so I have no idea if it's even remotely close in Japanese. I don't think I'd even thought of them as a pair before FF7R, but it was almost screaming to me (in a good way) while I was playing. But like you said; not flirting! Just being good peeps to each other.

Soooooo. Is there more of this? Is there a link to the creator? Where to go?

RivalRedRogue
Image Comments 19 May 17:37
joined Sep 9, 2015

I'm just glad I finished FF7R yesterday before coming to these picture threads. The whole "Aerith dies" is not a spoiler, but wowza on the rest

RivalRedRogue
joined Sep 9, 2015

For real. My expectations were already set with the title "My Unrequited Love" after all.

RivalRedRogue
joined Sep 9, 2015

Also, in the first chapter, if you look closely in the panel when Tsugu talks to her unnamed friend, you can tell there are boys in the background. Shocking, I know.

I remember the time when we used to look for Yuri (or subtext?) in the background in mainstream anime/manga
Now we look for guys being represented in Yuri
Have we come full circle?

The intellectuals will ask : Is this manga subtext?

This made me laugh! Oh, what a time we live in now!!

My eyes used to hurt squinting for the Yuri, and now it's just thrown in our faces at every turn. Occasionally, I get stuck on a sinking Yuri ship, but... what can I say, I like who I like :3

RivalRedRogue
joined Sep 9, 2015

@BugDevil

The only real trigger for me in this thread was

Wall climbing is just simply not something that can keep you engaged for long. After a year pretty much everyone can climb most courses.
First of all, don't get triggered so easily, thanks.
1)...
2)...

Okay, did my getting triggered get you? Don't understand that one. The part I left above is what I'd found incredulous. You basically reduced it to the complexity of "if you can shoot a ball, that's basketball." That's wrong. Yes, it's a niche hobby. No, I don't think anyone who's remotely interested in it will go Pro; I highlighted some complexity and that strong girls come out of it and (as a girl who trains with weights) I enjoy watching for both the flow and technical.

There is nothing wrong with injecting sport details in, considering that the author isn't hiding their intent to drag you into a very sport specific manga. If it turns into a hentai like someone mentioned or close to it, shame on them for springing it on us! Eeek! But anyway, maybe it will get someone curious about trying it. Wouldn't be the first time a manga sparked interest in whatever hobby/sport was represented.

I know you don't care, and that's fine. At the end of the day, we're reading stories on a site where we're (mostly) hoping for girls to get together in various ways. They're just using information overload on a very niche sport to do it.

RivalRedRogue
joined Sep 9, 2015

I'm not going to bother quoting all the things in this thread I wanted to since many say similar things. I think I opened at least 5 tabs worth I wanted to comment on. Instead I'll just drop some knowledge.

In the USA, I'd say the first exposure to this sport is some form of a climbing wall in school, most likely with a rope or automatic belay system that one can hook into without a second person with a rope. That is NOT bouldering. Bouldering is climbing on a wall maybe 15-20 feet in height (indoors there are usually padded mats, outdoor they use movable drop mats). I would say with the upcoming Olympics that Sport Climbing is gaining a lot of traction in Japan seeing as they seem to have a pretty strong team.

I have been regularly going to an indoor climbing gym and I almost never use the ropes, or the auto belay system - it is a different area of the gym entirely! This is more due to not having a regular partner to climb with (and not caring to join strangers lol). Bouldering is a nice gateway to the sport if you are OK with taking some falls and learning your limits. I am also very scared of heights! Bouldering has helped immensely with this fear.

The only real trigger for me in this thread was

Wall climbing is just simply not something that can keep you engaged for long. After a year pretty much everyone can climb most courses. It's not even something most people would consider a hobby (unless you combine it with parkouring). If this is entirely about the yuri, then the wall-climbing should not be the central premise or the titular focus!

This is entirely bullshit on both the climbing point and the yuri point.
1) If climbing/bouldering were that easy, where is the skill involved? Did you know that for some of the finger training, there is a MINIMUM requirement of a couple of years to even focus that kind of training, lest you bruise/blow out tendons in your fingers? No, you wouldn't. This is TMI for the whole thread really, but as an athlete I've learned to not be dismissive of almost any sport.
2) Climbing is part of the plot of getting them to have an interest. If you want another generic love story, go look for not a sport yuri lol. These series are fun usually because they integrate real techniques and skills. Oftentimes, they go a little out of this world (first thing that comes to mind is something like Prince of Tennis), but it's FICTION and it's fun.
...I personally like this genre to be more realistic, though.

Lastly, let me initiate everyone into some easy watching! Over the past year or so I've been watching IFSC Lead and Bouldering competitions. Why? Because the ladies are strong and HOT! LOL. Real talk, they have muscle, the moves are so, so strong and difficult to execute, and the sport is dynamic and fun to watch at times. Ages range from maybe 15-30ish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mloFMXs-Yk
Link to IFSC World Championships in Hachioji, Womens and Mens bouldering

RivalRedRogue
joined Sep 9, 2015

Midori is on the spectrum of autism. At least she’s high functioning. How did she get her job?

High functioning people can get jobs, too. This doesn't need to be debated.

Huh? Wasn’t Midori in love with Tsugumi?

Yes, almost all the chapters we have underheard and outright statements from Midori that she loved more than anything in the world tsugumi.
And the most dramatic thing is that tsugumi also seemed to have more than friendly feelings towards Midori. Her risk of being in the future the development of why tsugumi got pregnant at 17, that she didn't stay with the boy and that she preferred to stay alone afterwards...while keeping Midori's phone and talking regularly about her to her daughter… why her relationships with her parents were so difficult...maybe through them we will learn things...

I could totally see if Tsugumi thought very fondly of Midori and chose to not act on her feelings due to complications or whatever... That is an all too real outcome along with the out of touch. It's just sad that unless they find a note Tsugumi sacked away in her belongings, Midori will never find any answers... Well... Until they look through the belongings, of course.

RivalRedRogue
joined Sep 9, 2015

...in a few days it's my dad's birthday. He died 10 years ago...

Thank you so much for sharing. I teared up a little at your story, and I can understand the value of such things as you described them. Emotions are a funny thing...

I do wonder how Midori and Tsugumi fell apart. How Tsugumi felt about Midori--... well, things point into the direction of romantic interest, but then she went and got herself preggers? Hnn... I am sure, we'll get to find out, eventually. (Maybe the father has an appearance later on, to fill in some of these gaps.)

I'm going to say that they probably just fell out of touch. It could be as simple as that. Tsugumi's dialogue gives off hints that she has a fondness for Midori (which makes this story just so much sadder to read), but obviously this was never explored and probably just left alone.

My first (real) love was a girl I confessed to in high school pretty much after graduation... and I got rejected, heh. Nicely, at least. Years later, I've run into her randomly twice (like no joke random; we were coming back to the USA from international flights from different countries), but nothing after that. But her parents recognize me, and attend the place I work at, so they told me she has two daughters now. I don't even know what her last name is now, but I idly wonder sometimes if her daughters look much like her. Maybe I might find out someday.
Thanks for listening, friends.

joined Sep 9, 2015

The champion downed Einhart 3 times and still couldn't get a K.O. or win the fight, lol. Someone didn't tell her to win you need to knock the daylight outta your opponent

joined Sep 9, 2015

RivalRedRogue posted:

They sidelined Einhart and gave her a fangirl to hang out with instead. If I wasn't disappointed before that point, I was certainly disappointed after that chapter. There was a pretty funny credits page after that saying Vivio x Einhart was dead after that

This... Is what hurt me the most, my enjoyment went down a loooooot after this and I can't believe that the writer didn't saw that coming giving how successful it was in the previous series and in early chapters, like, would you like if Nanoha finds a new "partner" and Fate goes away smiling :))))))))? because no one is ever mad in this world, it's certainly disturbing, even creepy... You feel something is wrong with everyone. So I guess I like vivid Striker more because the characters are more real, and they cry for reasons beyond "I wanted to win that match against my friend T-T"

Perfect comparison!! I get that Yumina is the "friend she made without her memories," but she's literally that glompy girl all over that cool girl Einhart. More cringing seeing her at her side and in the background more than VIVIO during this chapter, but...

On this new chapter my favorite part is page 17 where Einhart is thinking stuff and completely ignoring the other girl lo/

THIS. So much this!! Lol. Yumina literally is background noise, haha! When I saw what Ein was thinking about, my mind said, "your cheatin' heart will tell on you!" Sigh.

joined Sep 9, 2015

The whole, "Let's call out to her and wake her up!" made me cringe a mile away. I said in my head, please, please don't let it happen this way...

...then she WINS?! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

Out cold would have been way believable. That shit was just unbelievable. This is the most "feel good" manga I've read that feels soooo bad, knowing how the series used to be.

joined Sep 9, 2015

They sidelined Einhart and gave her a fangirl to hang out with instead. If I wasn't disappointed before that point, I was certainly disappointed after that chapter. There was a pretty funny credits page after that saying Vivio x Einhart was dead after that

RivalRedRogue
joined Sep 9, 2015

What is Himura doing in the final page? Delivering an electrical shock (like a 'defibrillation') to restart Saeki's heart, or what?

Person under you said you're that's correct. She's using an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) which talks you through the way to set up to deliver a shock (to the heart).

I died when I saw that last panel, even the pad placement is accurate LOL