Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Dang. I'm used to ships, especially side couples, not happening, but the way it's done here feels like a taunt towards the shippers.

Still a better ship sinking than Amanchu.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

F for Rio
THE WEDDING MADE ME TEAR UP IM SO HAPPY

joined Oct 2, 2021

Can't wait for the hentai extra chapter

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

nooooo rio bb nooooo

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

It's even funnier that in the bonus for Doughnuts (which I don't think is on the site) there was actually some (very light) teasing about Subaru x Fuuka, while here the author went in the other direction where it's arguably more believable lol

last edited at Jan 2, 2024 10:37AM

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Oof that bonus with Rio.

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Rip Rio. Also hurray for the final chapter of this manga, what a good year to be alive for the gays media lovers :3

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

And I wouldn't worry too much yet about Rio getting friendzoned considering the manga we're in. :P

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

And they were besties

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Very adorable series, thanks for the translation and the extra!

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Oof, Rio. Friend-zoned in the closing pages.

Given the entire premise off the manga, all I can think of is

"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

bestfriends can get married too :3

joined May 3, 2014

Ending feels rushed and cold, which is a different vibe from the rest of the series. Something I like about this author is that they're able to make soft, fluffy relationships even from an aroace perspective, but this felt off. Was the series cancelled and cut short or something?

I disagree, I thought the ending was very fitting. But regardless of that, how was this series aro? When the characters are have explicitly expressed that they are in love?

Way late seeing this, but you don't seem to know what aromantic is? It doesn't mean two (or more) people can't love each other if they're on the aro-spectrum. It means they don't do the whole typical romance thing, or take some things but leave some things. The relationship in this series and Crescent Moon and Doughnuts is clearly queerplatonic-ish at least.

yeah, your right with the way the relationship has been in this manga it does remind me of Crescent Moon and Doughnuts, tho i don’t like Crescent Moon, i didn’t even finish it once i found out it’s aro since I’m not relating at all with the whole we are best friends +2, without full blown romance it just doesn’t click with me

now that i think about it there are quite a lot of yuri mangas that are quite thin on the romance aspect! either the author didn’t wanna go full blown to show the relationship or they did the whole” we are together at the end” so that’s way i will avoid the whole aro thingy if there is a story like that

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I can't believe best girl got rejected right on the last page!

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Oh no! Rio got the friendzoned?!?

Time to use the "If we're both still single in five years, then we'll get married." card, just like your mother used to.

Z3
joined Aug 20, 2016

Yeah i dont get why blondies Devotion is being questioned, she hasnt been acting out of line nor has she been particular negligent

Let me remind you that they married as friends, Kurumi (the "blonde" one) up until now has never thought of Ruriko as anything more than friends. Also Kurumi was the person who made up the 5th rule (if one of them fall in love with sb else they will go back to being friends).

It isn't that she hasn't done anything to be questioned, but that Kurumi hasn't done anything to prove that she wants to stay in this marriage. Sure, we as the readers know her thoughts and know what she wants, but Ruriko doesn't. From Ruriko's point of view, they're staying in a marriage of convenient without love and Kurumi is always just one step away from walking away from it, it's right for her to be scared.

Isn't it the same for Kurumi? She doesn't know why Ruriko married her, so Kurumi has the same POV as her.

joined Apr 10, 2023

This series was okay, but I liked the author's previous manga "Crescent Moon and Doughnuts" a lot more. A big part of that was that Crescent Moon and Doughnuts treats asexuality as something that should be discussed and navigated, whereas here it's what our two "friend" protagonists silently default to, and that's a very common and very annoying pattern. It's not just old yuri manga: to this day it's still really common in depictions of lesbians, and there's still a cohort of really annoying people online who will accuse any media with lesbians expressing physical desire or having sexual feelings as "pandering to men" or even straight up being "media for men".
This manga fits into what that group would want and does it silently, whereas Crescent Moon specifically treats that as not a norm but rather something to be navigated. Personally I don't like it when any romance that treats any part of a relationship as something with a default you can just have without addressing it first, and that goes double for queer media. I hate all those unigender settings in GL and BL where nobody even needs to consider if the person they like is gay or not. Burn down every private all girls school in manga imo.

Now that I think of it, I can't think of another series that has that family dynamic (besides maybe I'm in Love with the Villainess)? Unless someone has recommendations?

She Loves to Cook, and She Loves to Eat has some pretty strong found family themes, especially in the latest English volume.

I haven't read that one yet. I'll look into it. It seems hard to find those especially involving a family with children. The only one that I know of that has this and actually spends time with this dynamic is the one I mentioned in the spoiler.

Two best yuri manga for families with two moms and children imo: Days of Love at Seagull Villa, and Ohana Holoholo. Both have the kids involved right out the gate as something one of the main characters is bringing with her into the relationship. Days of Love is very fluffy and cozy, Ohana Holoholo will make you earn the fluff by suffering with the characters through their trials and tribulations. It's worth it though, very worth it. :)

joined Mar 15, 2015

Volume 3 is out in English, and I notice two significant changes.

First, there's Sayaka talking about her and Takumi's argument in Chapter 17.
Fan translation: "He said we'll figure something out, but he also told me I'm being irresponsible."
Localization: "He tried to tell me that it'd be okay, but I snapped and called him irresponsible."
The localization seems to make more sense, since the fan translation makes Takumi come off as an insensitive jerk, and Sayaka's extreme emotional reaction can be due to realizing that she was out of line, and thus being overwhelmed with remorse, not just fear for their marriage.

In Chapter 21, when Kurumi brings up Ruriko's using "-san" on Kurumi while not using honorifics on Rio, Kurumi also mentions how Ruriko uses "-san" on Kuroda(whom Ruriko has known for as long as she's known Kurumi). Technically, so does Kurumi, but to her, "Da-san" is a nickname for Kuroda.

To reply you must either login or sign up.