Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm in the camp that doesn't mind the lack of physical intimacy. I've heard that love is fundamentally based in friendship, so seeing Kurumi and Ruriko grow closer, iron out some of the issues in their living arrangement and gradually fall in love was a natural development. Having a modified version of their rules as their vows is a good way to show how far they've come, and to show that the fundamental foundation of their relationship- their years-long friendship- was there all along.

joined Sep 9, 2022

Another wholesome manga ended. I really like this series but I think the ending is kind of rush? After reading ch31 and the last chapter together, the vibe just feels a bit off, like they didn't get enough panels to convey out all the fluffy feelings like previous chapters, and where's the bouquet you're gonna throw щ⁠(⁠゜⁠ロ⁠゜⁠щ⁠)

joined Feb 16, 2020

more extra chapters as this is still labeled as ongoing? Well, I really enjoyed this refreshing adult relationship as things that I've read all revolved around hs lol

joined Feb 20, 2023

I teared up at the wedding. What a beautiful way to end it.

Of course I would like to read more but overall I think this story was a good length. It wasn't too short and it never overstayed its welcome. I've already pre-ordered the Seven Seas localization. I'm really happy this got picked up.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Happy ending!! So happy for them!!

last edited at Nov 17, 2023 5:32AM

joined Aug 29, 2023

Sigh, it's over now... I'll miss it a great deal, it was a nice little part of my life for a while, and as sad as I am to have that part die, it was going to do so sooner or later anyway... Thank you for your hard work, Usui-sensei, the editorial staff, and the translators. Goodbye, Kurumi and Ruriko, and congratulations on the wedding. This was quite precious.

last edited at Nov 21, 2023 2:26PM

joined Jul 4, 2018

gg
thank you, author!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glass%20drum
joined Jan 3, 2019

Ending feels rushed and cold, which is a different vibe from the rest of the series. Something I like about this author is that they're able to make soft, fluffy relationships even from an aroace perspective, but this felt off. Was the series cancelled and cut short or something?

I disagree, I thought the ending was very fitting. But regardless of that, how was this series aro? When the characters are have explicitly expressed that they are in love?

Way late seeing this, but you don't seem to know what aromantic is? It doesn't mean two (or more) people can't love each other if they're on the aro-spectrum. It means they don't do the whole typical romance thing, or take some things but leave some things. The relationship in this series and Crescent Moon and Doughnuts is clearly queerplatonic-ish at least.

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

Looks like she was friendzoned?

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

rio getting rejected last minute is so out of pocket I can't help but respect it

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Oof, Rio. Friend-zoned in the closing pages.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Rip Rio. You've tried

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Dang. I'm used to ships, especially side couples, not happening, but the way it's done here feels like a taunt towards the shippers.

Still a better ship sinking than Amanchu.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

F for Rio
THE WEDDING MADE ME TEAR UP IM SO HAPPY

joined Oct 2, 2021

Can't wait for the hentai extra chapter

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

nooooo rio bb nooooo

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

It's even funnier that in the bonus for Doughnuts (which I don't think is on the site) there was actually some (very light) teasing about Subaru x Fuuka, while here the author went in the other direction where it's arguably more believable lol

last edited at Jan 2, 2024 10:37AM

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Oof that bonus with Rio.

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Rip Rio. Also hurray for the final chapter of this manga, what a good year to be alive for the gays media lovers :3

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

And I wouldn't worry too much yet about Rio getting friendzoned considering the manga we're in. :P

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

And they were besties

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Very adorable series, thanks for the translation and the extra!

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Oof, Rio. Friend-zoned in the closing pages.

Given the entire premise off the manga, all I can think of is

"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

bestfriends can get married too :3

joined May 3, 2014

Ending feels rushed and cold, which is a different vibe from the rest of the series. Something I like about this author is that they're able to make soft, fluffy relationships even from an aroace perspective, but this felt off. Was the series cancelled and cut short or something?

I disagree, I thought the ending was very fitting. But regardless of that, how was this series aro? When the characters are have explicitly expressed that they are in love?

Way late seeing this, but you don't seem to know what aromantic is? It doesn't mean two (or more) people can't love each other if they're on the aro-spectrum. It means they don't do the whole typical romance thing, or take some things but leave some things. The relationship in this series and Crescent Moon and Doughnuts is clearly queerplatonic-ish at least.

yeah, your right with the way the relationship has been in this manga it does remind me of Crescent Moon and Doughnuts, tho i don’t like Crescent Moon, i didn’t even finish it once i found out it’s aro since I’m not relating at all with the whole we are best friends +2, without full blown romance it just doesn’t click with me

now that i think about it there are quite a lot of yuri mangas that are quite thin on the romance aspect! either the author didn’t wanna go full blown to show the relationship or they did the whole” we are together at the end” so that’s way i will avoid the whole aro thingy if there is a story like that

To reply you must either login or sign up.