Forum › My Blue Garnet discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

BlackPaladin posted:

Inami Didn't Go To College?

College can come in flavor of 4 years or 2 years in Japan.

And 70% of them are F-Run大学, ie, third rate colleges.

Not everyone, especially someone like Kon, can enter Todai or Waseda.

joined Mar 13, 2023

BlackPaladin posted:

Inami Didn't Go To College?

College can come in flavor of 4 years or 2 years in Japan.

And 70% of them are F-Run大学, ie, third rate colleges.

Not everyone, especially someone like Kon, can enter Todai or Waseda.

I Thought Salarymen And Office Ladies All Had College Degrees, That's What I Meant

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Cocktail dress and combat boots are the new black.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I can already tell we are gonna get into abuse and aaaaaangst territory.

I usually like my stuff pretty Fluffy, and I really don't think this author does Fluffy. If it's ANYTHING like Brides of Ibris, it's gonna make me anxious to read. Also if it's anything like Brides of Ibris, this forum thread is gonna be a toxic nightmare to navigate.

Well the forum thread was a toxic nightmare because Brides of Ibris had men in it and any series that has bisexuality in it becomes a toxic cesspool here unfortunately.

This new series seems to not have any men (yet) so we'll see. Akiyama Haru could always pull an Octave and have the dude be a one off plot point. I doubt this'll be as experimental as Brides of Ibris since it didn't sell well.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I liked both Octave and Brides of Iberis so I'm excited for this one.

last edited at Dec 28, 2023 2:50PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Chikaon posted:

This new series seems to not have any men (yet) so we'll see. Akiyama Haru could always pull an Octave and have the dude be a one off plot point. I doubt this'll be as experimental as Brides of Ibris since it didn't sell well.

There's a man. The one who was waiting for the co-MC in the bar. Which seem to be chasing her.

Kaede may be a celebrity (Kon kind of recognized her), which probably means her relationship with Ai isn't simple.

More drama at 11.

last edited at Dec 28, 2023 3:37PM

-7xom-00_400x400
joined Feb 25, 2023

Oh wow we're starting off strong, aren't we? I may just be seeing things, but I'm like... 95% sure that Kon is supposed to be autistic and masking hard. That's what "I need to do whatever it takes to lead the life of 'someone normal'" indicates to me, as well as the general trouble with social cues that pops up in a few different places this chapter.

Either way, super super looking forward to this. I still haven't gotten around to Brides of Iberis yet unfortunately, but Octave is up there as an all time fave for me. I live for Akiyama Haru's brand of drama.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I've been noticing a lot more intentional neurodivergent rep in anime/manga/video games lately.
I mean, MyGO episode 3 was THE most autistic episode I've seen. It wasn't even just an episode about an autistic character; the episode itself was autistic, and if you watch it you might see what I mean.

Being a little funkybrained and getting into a same-sex relationship are related, after all. In that neurodivergency makes one less likely to understand the logic behind and thus adhere to societal expectations at-large.

Also, is it just me, or are Temp's essays getting zanier?

last edited at Dec 28, 2023 10:34PM

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

interesting

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Akiyama Haru is great, really sad they axed brides of iberis because I really liked that one and I'm already feeling this one a lot, Kon is such a deeply troubled and hurt character, reminds me of me in a lot of aspects, and also really believable, and her relationship with the other girl is great, already solid and interesting. Overall a great first chapter with a very compelling narrative, gonna stick with this one

joined May 10, 2021

A shitty mum, a scummy recruiter and a broken adult.
Considering the author's past works, it's gonna be a rough one, but I'm in!
Thanks for picking this up!

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

As a scanlator, it's a pleasure for me to work on Akiyama Haru's manga. Not only do I like her brand of adult yuri drama, but the art is clean, she uses very little sfx and the Japanese is all grammatically correct and not overly slangy. A pleasure to translate and typeset. It took me only one day and a half to do it, while shorter chapters of other series are sometimes a chore.to typeset.

I look very much forward to the next chapter in February.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Thank you, Kirin!

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

I liked Octave. I expected to like this. I do. Nice when things work that way, eh? Is it just me, or is there a run of Yuri mangas with toxic mothers. I feel as if I have seen a lot lately.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

TerryBet posted:

I liked Octave. I expected to like this. I do. Nice when things work that way, eh? Is it just me, or is there a run of Yuri mangas with toxic mothers. I feel as if I have seen a lot lately.

You mean your mother isn't toxic?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Yay Akiyama Haru! I loved Octave and Brides of Iberis, and I know I'm gonna love this one!

So far poor Kon has had a horrible time, having to put up with the humiliation of repeated failures at finding a job, haunted by memories of her evil mom's constant harassing, peppered with insults and abuse by a scumsucking rapist-wannabe... but we know everything will be ok because Ai, her knight in shining armor, has just arrived to rescue her! Right?

Right?!?!?

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

'How many red flags can you fit in 1 chapter?' Enough to gratify my tastes, I think...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

As a scanlator, it's a pleasure for me to work on Akiyama Haru's manga. Not only do I like her brand of adult yuri drama, but the art is clean, she uses very little sfx and the Japanese is all grammatically correct and not overly slangy. A pleasure to translate and typeset. It took me only one day and a half to do it, while shorter chapters of other series are sometimes a chore.to typeset.

Let me add my thanks for this—it’s always interesting stuff from this author.

joined Dec 21, 2016

Thank you for your work!

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

TerryBet posted:

My mother died in 1995. She had had a miserable life and decided to terminate life support.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

TerryBet posted:

TerryBet posted:

My mother died in 1995. She had had a miserable life and decided to terminate life support.

Sorry to read that, but that doesn't say anything about her toxicity.

to be clear, it was in jest

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Never feel more relable to a character lol. Definitely some flavor of neurospicy.

I am rooting for the black hair girlie and hope that she doesn't get into an abusive/toxic relationship consider this author previous work.

joined Aug 10, 2014

How often does this magazine come out ? Because at the end of the chapter it says "April Issue. Feb 28th".

Is it bi-monthly ?

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I see... this is the gap in education.
I can only translate languages if the text is filled with slang because I understand languages based entirely on vibes LOL

To reply you must either login or sign up.