Forum › How to Break a Triangle discussion

joined Jan 14, 2020

Hmm.
Did Aya inherit anything from her dead relative? Even if she had, the state probably took it since she was presumed dead.
Were there no other relatives?
Is she economically dependent on Koto?
Who's her legal guardian?

joined Oct 24, 2023

Hmm.
Did Aya inherit anything from her dead relative? Even if she had, the state probably took it since she was presumed dead.
Were there no other relatives?
Is she economically dependent on Koto?
Who's her legal guardian?

1、2:don't know.

3:Yes, Koto seems to buy everything she needs.

4:Aya is 21 in law now so the legal guardian is out of the question.

joined Jan 14, 2020

4:Aya is 21 in law now so the legal guardian is out of the question.

Oh, huh.

joined Feb 19, 2022

that last line is so freaking ominous...

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Erika-sama my beloved!!!

Erika and Aya interactions are so much fun. Rivalries ftw! Ugh I ship them, but alas they're both so focused on Koto.

Hope to see more of what's going on in Koto's mind since it always feels like looking into a dark foggy night watching her. She's almost like a blank slate so it's hard to find her interesting as a character right now.

Edit: well I went back to reread chapter 5 and forgot we did get a look from her perspective, but I still want to see more of Koto that isn't about her feelings for Aya. She feels pretty one note and maybe that is the point: her will to live is constantly influenced by Aya and the story is telling us about how unhealthy her fixation on Aya is...but yeah hope we see more from her soon.

last edited at Dec 20, 2023 6:27PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Love the "koto has changed" line because like it's clear that Aya has a moment of "what? changed? no?" but from Erika's perspective Koto probably spent seven years depressed/just kind of wandering through life and now that Aya's back Koto has changed back into who she used to be.

Which is good from Erika's point of view because she's doing better than during those seven years and it's giving her the ability to actually process her feelings for Aya and put an end to the part of her that is still in love with Aya. But then of course since we've seen Koto's perspective, it's not looking she's processing her feelings for Aya in a healthy way even now that she's getting the chance to.

Also with how the chapter ended on Aya thinking to herself "and Koto's also in love with me" I'm starting to dread when Aya will start to realize that that love has become rather obsessive. lmao

joined Jul 8, 2020

Erika my beloved, im all for Aya and Koto but I don't want Erika to be sad either..

joined May 10, 2021

Man I don't want this time bomb to go off....
Thanks for the chapter!

joined Jun 11, 2021

i think we're gonna get a deeper look into koto's mental state soon and i know it's gonna be rough. i'm very excited

Avatar%20knights%20badass%20hung%20clipboard01
joined Feb 25, 2023

I just looked up "ominous" in the dictionary and it came with this picture.

joined Jul 31, 2022

She feels pretty one note and maybe that is the point: her will to live is constantly influenced by Aya and the story is telling us about how unhealthy her fixation on Aya is...but yeah hope we see more from her soon.

I think this is exactly the what the conflict at the end is hinting at when Aya asks Koto about her life. I think Koto was traumatized after Aya disappeared. I think it was all Aya 24/7 in that dome of hers. I feel this has massive drama bombs that will hurt reallllll bad to see!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just looked up "ominous" in the dictionary and it came with this picture.

Came to say much the same thing—“So it’s all fine, right?” Um, maybe not . . .

I find myself overly-concerned with the question of the mechanics of what happened to Aya in high school (much more concerned than the story seem to be, at least at this point). It appears to be a not-untypical “one-weird-premise-just-go-with-it” manga conceit, one that doesn’t suggest that this is a “magic works, kinda” storyworld where that kind of thing can happen regularly.

But as others have suggested, the fact that the society as a whole just blandly accepts that a girl disappeared for seven years then reappeared apparently unaged and with no memory of the intervening time is a bit hard to fathom. (If this were a Yoshitomi Akihito story I could imagine scenes of Aya—scantily clad and barefoot, no doubt—laid out on a lab table with scientists in white coats bustling around her.)

I’m well aware that the story is telling me “Look, this story is about interpersonal relationships, so please pay attention to what matters,” but I don’t seem to be listening.

last edited at Dec 21, 2023 8:34AM

joined Oct 24, 2023

I find myself overly-concerned with the question of the mechanics of what happened to Aya in high school (much more concerned than the story seem to be, at least at this point).

Aya is a middle schooler. She is 14.

But as others have suggested, the fact that the society as a whole just blandly accepts that a girl disappeared for seven years then reappeared apparently unaged and with no memory of the intervening time is a bit hard to fathom. (If this were a Yoshitomi Akihito story I could imagine scenes of Aya—scantily clad and barefoot, no doubt—laid out on a lab table with scientists in white coats bustling around her.)

Because no one would really believe her time traveling, except the one already knew her seven years ago. There's a lot of people actually don't look like their age especially in Asia.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I find myself overly-concerned with the question of the mechanics of what happened to Aya in high school (much more concerned than the story seem to be, at least at this point).

Aya is a middle schooler. She is 14.

I stand corrected .

Because no one would really believe her time traveling, except the one already knew her seven years ago. There's a lot of people actually don't look like their age especially in Asia.

But it’s not just a matter of Aya’s report or of her looking young. She was reported missing years ago; a search was made for her. Now she has returned with no explanation. She has a social identity. There are official files on her that were closed that needed to reopened. But nobody seems to more than mildly surprised.

last edited at Dec 21, 2023 10:28AM

joined Sep 6, 2023

Now getting a glimpse of Erika’s job as both model and actress - it makes me think of how the tanzaku wish could have been about “catching up” to Aya (assuming this is how Aya disappeared - wished away, or wished to be held on “pause”). Because had Aya grown up at the same time as them, it’s easy to imagine Aya having the same things Erika has in the current timeline - Actress and Model. Clearly the competitive streak is still there between them, though I can imagine it might have been even more so as adults with careers.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

There’s so much ambient tension, almost a feeling of dread, hanging over everything. It’s so good. I can tell it’ll be a little before things really pop off, but I’m already so excited for it!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Blastaar posted:

But it’s not just a matter of Aya’s report or of her looking young. She was reported missing years ago; a search was made for her. Now she has returned with no explanation. She has a social identity. There are official files on her that were closed that needed to reopened. But nobody seems to more than mildly surprised.

Well, there was a police investigation. People confirmed her identity and she's legally an adult. If she says she doesn't know what she did in the last seven years, they may think that she just doesn't want to tell and leave it at that. They may think it's none of their business. And since no crime has been committed, what else can they do? Harass her?

For all intent and purpose, Aya is 21 year old in the eyes of society and can do whatever she wants.

joined Jan 6, 2018

I really like this manga. I’ve never been in a relationship where I’m madly in love/obsessed with someone, not quite sure if that’s healthy/unhealthy.

joined May 3, 2014

Way do i have a feeling Aya will willingly breakup with Koto so she can be with Erika?(making the title of the manga becoming true) but that makes no sense, in 7 years are you telling me Koto never though of Erika in an romantic sense? so what makes Erika so sure that after Aya comes back Koto can some how get over her and be with Erika?….unless Koto already has feelings for Erika but can’t be with her becaue of Aya gone missing, so now she can be with her after getting some closure?

Another thing is the dumb Erika thinking she can be with Koto after she breaks up with Aya, like I said, unless Koto has some feelings with Erika what makes her so god damn sure Koto will chose her? and not start falling in love with some one else!

there is something more going on between Erika and Koto but the Erika bitch only cares about getting in between Koto legs LOOL so she ain’t telling Aya anything! like that comment about Koto changing and going in the right direction? clearly the outcome Erika wishes which is way she pushed Koto to talk with Aya in the first chapters, in hopes of Koto starting to move on faster from Aya…..the more i think about it the more i think Aya will end up brokenhearted T^T

last edited at Dec 24, 2023 12:01PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Blastaar posted:

Well, there was a police investigation. People confirmed her identity and she's legally an adult. If she says she doesn't know what she did in the last seven years, they may think that she just doesn't want to tell and leave it at that. They may think it's none of their business. And since no crime has been committed, what else can they do? Harass her?

Good thing Japan doesn’t have a tabloid press or “Real-Life Mysteries” TV then, because if they did they’d be all over “Schoolgirl Disappears For Seven Years, Reappears Physically Unchanged With No Memory of What Happened.”

joined Oct 24, 2023

Way do i have a feeling Aya will willingly breakup with Koto so she can be with Erika?(making the title of the manga becoming true)

That's definitely not going to happen imo. Aya was dumped by her mother. People like her can only fall in love with someone who already loves her.
That's why Aya obviously didn't have feelings for Koto at first, but "somehow" attracted to her after Koto's first confession. Just no way Aya would like Erika.

but that makes no sense, in 7 years are you telling me Koto never though of Erika in an romantic sense? so what makes Erika so sure that after Aya comes back Koto can some how get over her and be with Erika?….unless Koto already has feelings for Erika but can’t be with her becaue of Aya gone missing, so now she can be with her after getting some closure?

Because…Aya is still a child? Maybe Erika believes Koto can get over her after realizing the difficulty of actually being with a child.

Another thing is the dumb Erika thinking she can be with Koto after she breaks up with Aya, like I said, unless Koto has some feelings with Erika what makes her so god damn sure Koto will chose her? and not start falling in love with some one else!

This is exactly what I think!!! Even Koto breaks up with Aya, still no proofs she would like Erika.

there is something more going on between Erika and Koto but the Erika bitch only cares about getting in between Koto legs LOOL so she ain’t telling Aya anything! like that comment about Koto changing and going in the right direction? clearly the outcome Erika wishes which is way she pushed Koto to talk with Aya in the first chapters, in hopes of Koto starting to move on faster from Aya…..the more i think about it the more i think Aya will end up brokenhearted T^T

You probably misunderstand her.
The only reason Erika didn't tell Aya was because she thought it's Koto's business. Koto is the one who has the right to decide.

last edited at Dec 25, 2023 4:52AM

joined Oct 24, 2023

chapter 3:
一週間ぶりの人にこんなにされるの、変な感じ
→To think we just met not that long ago. It feels weird.

last edited at Jan 6, 2024 8:09AM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

chapter 3:
一週間ぶりの人にこんなにされるの、変な感じ

No?

1週間ぶり => for the first time in a week
の人に => by someone
こんなに => like this
される => to be done to someone

Or "It's the first time in a week someone has done this to me", or "You're the first one to do this to me in a week".

I don't know where you get that translation, but I stand by mine.

joined Oct 24, 2023

chapter 3:
一週間ぶりの人にこんなにされるの、変な感じ

No?

1週間ぶり => for the first time in a week
の人に => by someone
こんなに => like this
される => to be done to someone

Or "It's the first time in a week someone has done this to me", or "You're the first one to do this to me in a week".

I don't know where you get that translation, but I stand by mine.

That's how I read it. Not translation I got form the internet.
1週間ぶりの人→ for the first time you see a person after a week.

That's ok. If it let you feel offended, I would delet it. I am sorry if I let you feel uncomfortable.

Edit:Japan have a song called 三年ぶりの人だから by 原田悠里さん.
I would be curious how would you translate the name of a song.

Edit2:I am really grateful for your translation. As you can tell, English is not my first language. It's happy to see so many people discuss my favorite yuri manga in english. To me, that's the one of the best way to learn a language. And all of this have to thank you.

last edited at Jan 6, 2024 10:51AM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I'm not offended. I'm just wondering what makes you think this interpretation is correct.

The important bit here is the particle に

週間ぶりの人に = for the first time in a week BY someone.

There's no "meet" or "see" in that sentence, even implied.

It's been a week since Aya came back and the President is the first one to hug her in that time. I just can't fathom why you'd interpret that sentence any other way.

To reply you must either login or sign up.