Forum › Posts by Genevieve

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

The text is hidden for a reason. You don't have to read it if you don't want to.

You did know if you have annoyed the translator, he might not work on this subject anymore.

And since most of the people in this forum can't read Japanese (including you) we are so dead.

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

I'm gonna post a summary of chapters 13 and 14. I know we can't have a decent discussion until they're properly translated but I can't wait so here we go.

You shouldn't do this since translator already said he doesn't want to see spoilers even they are black out.

This surprises Aya because Erika had told her she didn't know Aya and Koto were dating. Erika confesses she was lying. She did know, and the scene gets really tense here.

Erika never confesses she was lying. And she had not lied. She never said she didn't know the two were dating.
Aya was surprised here because Erika knew they kissed in the library, which she shouldn't have known in the first place.

Erika says she was always keeping an eye on them (she was a creepy stalker lol), so there was no way they could keep their relationship from her. That line triggers a flashback from Aya. A flashback to Tanabata, to the mysterious conversation she had with Erika that night. But she still can't remember clearly so she asks Erika if they had this conversation before. Erika doesn't reply and so Aya drops it.

To be fair, it's still not clear that flashback Aya couldn't remember happened on Tanabata day.
And we also can't be sure the person she talked was Erika.

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

→①The first thing Erika did when Aya came back was separating Aya and Koto.

At that point Koto has pretty much BSOD’ed at Aya’s return, and Erika takes over the practical matter of where Aya is going to stay for the night (Erika’s father is evidently some kind of local big shot, so the authorities are willing to release Aya to that family).

①Koto's situation is not appropriate dealing with Aya.

②For some reasons, Erika doesn't want them to have a proper talk now.

These two statements can be true at same time.

Erika wants to confess, but only under the prerequisite that she thinks Koto has moved on from Aya.

And since Koto very willingly distances herself from Aya for the next couple of days, it’s hard to see Erika’s actions in getting Aya a place to have a bath and go to sleep as part of some secret plan to get Aya alone or to keep the other two apart—Koto stays away from Aya on her own.

There is no need of keep separating them since Erika already knew Aya has no memory of that night.

→②chapter 11, asked Koto "Did something happen between you and Aya at the Tanabata Festival"

That’s perfectly explicable in the context of that flashback as an attempt to figure out what’s up with Aya when she first was absent from school; they only realize that Aya has actually disappeared after Koto finds Aya’s grandfather unconscious on the floor.

True.
But Erika assumed Aya went to meet Koto after that conversation, she had yet to know Aya didn't even show up at her date until Koto tell her.

I have also noticed not only that conversation Erika is hiding from Koto, but the meeting on Tanabata festival too.
Why?
Why never tell Koto they had actually meet the day Aya disappeared?
Because Koto would ask her, definitely, the conversation they had that night.
It must be something Erika didn't want Koto to know at that point.

Erika somehow found out that they were dating

She was the one who was peeking at them when the two had their first kiss.

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

I'm not really asking for a better Mtl here lol.

Yeah, please give me permission to share my experience of using a MTL when people are discussing about it, not particularly asking for it.

If my response makes you uncomfortable, l apologize.
It may seems like an excuse but l'm not a native English speaker so sometimes l can't choose words properly.
Being offensive is never my intention.

This is what bothers me the most. It'd be boring if Aya just forgot everything from that day. So I'm going for this ridiculous idea: Aya already got spirited away to the present world the day before. And then later, she travel back to the original world just to have a very important conversation with Erika (which could like, save someone's life), then again travel back to the present world. Idk, just some shower thoughts.

I hold the exact same theory as you.
Except l doubt that conversation is important or Erika would be wonder why Aya even said it before she disappeared. And she would figure it out now the Aya she had a conversation with that night is from the future.

So this is my guess:
That conversation must be something to do with Erika's feelings for Koto.
Because
→①The first thing Erika did when Aya came back was separating Aya and Koto.
→②chapter 11, asked Koto "Did something happen between you and Aya at the Tanabata Festival?"
→③Not telling Aya what they talked that night and hiding that conversation from Koto (just pretend it didn't exist).

To think Erika is so afraid to let Koto know how she truly feels about her.

last edited at Jun 13, 2024 2:42AM

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

I found a really good AI translator called Ichigo. I tried it and several auto-translation tools on the same Manhua, and Ichigo is heavily superior. I don't know Chinese, so of course, I can't tell if it's accurate or not, but the translated dialogues at least make sense (you can actually understand what they're saying, and they fit the chapter's context, characters' expressions, etc.).

If you want to try it, find it on Chrome extension store. But beware, it allows you to translate only once (a page of the browser, so don't refresh your browser), then it'll ask for money.

I'm not really asking for a better Mtl here lol.
Not to mention that Mtl you talked about is still trash.

And I have to tell you Chinese translation of this manga is not even nearly as good as Rehashed Scans work.
The translator (Kirin-kun) is a fucking genius.

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

I have to say unless you can read Japanese.
It's unavoidable that even high quality translation have its own comprehension from the translator sometimes. (Which is understandable)

But l do agree google translation is trash lol.

last edited at Jun 12, 2024 9:06PM

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

I'm surprised there are still people who want Erika to get together with Koto. It doesn't feel like that's where the story is going but who knows.

Yeah, and it doesn't feel like Aya will be interested in Erika in any kind of that matters. Tbh, Erika is not good enough for my girl anyway.
On the other hand, Koto might be possessive but somehow I can see myself in her. I would at least give her a chance to get things right with Aya.

Anyway, I just read chapter 13 and 14 with the help of google translation. Hopefully we'll get a proper translation here soon so we can talk about it. Those two chapters are easily my favorite so far because a lot of stuff is finally revealed.

I like that two chapters a lot.
Aya's maturity is built up for some goddamn reasons. I really want to hug her now.
It also confirmed my theory why Aya would fall for Koto.
The girl obviously didn't have feelings for Koto at first but can't help being attracted to her after Koto's first confession, which l believe they are really made for each other.

last edited at Jun 11, 2024 9:00PM

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

After reading chapter 12.5 I want to kill Koto for ignoring Erika's feelings and being obsessed with Aya.

WTF
There's just nothing wrong for not choosing someone YOU DON'T LIKE in romantic way.
It wouldn't be good anyways if Koto be with Erika but still not loves her.

Like l said before, Erika fans is blaming Koto for not looking in her direction, which is fucking ridiculous. Erika's inability of moving on from someone is totally Erika's fault.

But now YOU WANT TO KILL HER???
FUCK.
If there's anyone who should be killed, it would be Erika. I have noticed the storyline can be fine without her since Aya and Koto loves each other. There's no Erika fucking business so maybe she doesn't even worth to exist from the start.

Ah but if I kill Koto then Erika would be heartbroken so I can't do it. Damn.

I want to kill Erika now because she would be heart broken anyways, and I don't give a damn about her, just like your fucking logic.

All I can do is keep hoping for the best. Aya obviously doesn't recognize the Koto she liked in this grown-up woman who wants to make her into a pet; she did the right thing when she ran away. She needs to meet more people, new people, find more places where she can belong (just like Erika said), not isolate herself from the world. Things between Koto and Aya can only go downhill from now on. Give it a little time and maybe Koto will start looking at Erika in another way.

See. I'm right.
Erika's fans only see Aya as an OBSTACLE and all they fucking cares is when is Aya going to fuck off so Erika can finally have a chance.

Why does everyone hate Erica so much? I’ve always found Koto to be the weirdest out of the three since she decided to be in a relationship with Aya when she is still technically 14-15 in both mind and body (everyone sees her as a teen, not as a college student she’s supposed to be according to the age she “time travelled?” to)

If anything, l feel like l am surrounded by bunch of Erika's crazy fans in this forum.

last edited at Jun 11, 2024 6:51PM

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

You're giving Erika's negative self talk way too much credit wrt her feelings about Aya. She's very good friends with her, absolutely a better friend to her than Koto, she just also feels guilty about being in 'competition' with her because she's a "winning feels bad if it means someone else had to lose :(" kind of person.

It's so hilarious that you see her this way. I'm not saying you are wrong but l hold the opposite opinions to you.

If anything, Erika loves competition because from the very start, she claimed she is gonna get the lead role and doesn't want to lose again. She hates to be a loser that's why she is so jealous of Aya, a girl who is ten times better than her in every ways and she never really catches up with.

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

I think there’s a reason for that self loathing still. I’m still suspicious that Erika was somehow responsible for Aya disappearing in the first place. Not in like an active way, but I strongly suspect she made a tanbata wish for Aya to disappear…and it worked. She then, possibly, wished her back when she saw Koto couldn’t move on.

Same here, and if that were true, it'd say quite a lot about Erika. I mean, I'd expect she'd wish Aya back right when she realized these Tanabata work, not only when it's convenient for her.

I get why people love Erika so much, but it's such an ick for me looking at how she thinks of Aya. A lot of horrible things happened to Aya, but all she can think of is Koto. Aya is her rival, but they're still friends, it's not like they're enemy, but Erika has very little concern for her. It's sad Aya thinks of Erika as such a good friend, but for Erika, not that much.

Tbh, l don't care about Erika much. While she does have the kindest spirit out of three (to think l can't treat my love rival that well), she is just not the type of person l like.

However, if it turns out that's the reason why Aya disappeared and reappeared, she would definitely be my most hated character in the history.

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

Strangely enough, l can sympathize with Koto despite she breaking my beloved Aya's heart.
Her action is unacceptable but l find myself not qualified to judge her.

She was mutually in love with the girl who she considered the love of her life. Then lost it out of nowhere. Worst of all, the girl she loved was in a state of uncertainty.
To think there's only two possibilities:
①Aya ran away from home
→ she (Koto) had been thrown away like a trash.
Aya didn't even bother to leave a word.
②Aya got murdered
→ no way in hell she wouldn't come back if she
was ok.

You can't expect a 14 yo girl to be good enough to handle this degree of cruelty.
And ask her to let go of a girl she once loved and thought she lost forever is merciless.
The fear of losing Aya again is driving her crazy, to the point she obviously can't think in her right mind.

last edited at Jun 9, 2024 3:48AM

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

On the other hand, Erika's suffering is nothing compare to Koto since is not that big of deal to give up on someone who obviously can't reciprocate your feelings.

Must be nice to never feel it's that big of deal to give up on your crush—who is also your closest friend—for years. To never dwell with the "what if(s)" situations if things were right. Must be nice, must be really nice.

Let go of someone who doesn't like you back truly isn't that big of deal.
Especially if you have ever be mutually in love, you wouldn't want to waste time on them who obviously can't reciprocate your feelings.

Yeah, apparently using other as a rebound is the only way in this world to move on from someone else.

The only way...? Oh the irony. If that's how you see how moving on should be then let us agree to disagree here. I'll still believe that using others as rebound isn't necessary to actually move on and start anew with someone else who isn't just to simply fill the void, but to really have the connection, to have the chemistry, and to fall in love deeply with another one.

You can't really understand what l am trying to say here, seriously?
I only say that because you said Erika would definitely become high school Koto ver.2 if she did try to move on.
Likes there's no other way than using other as a rebound.

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

Exactly. I stated my points before about Erika's not moving on case is a bit less similar with Koto before but I guess eh, let the Erika haters hate her for being unable to understand how she has been holding on all this time.

I won't deny Erika is not a bad person.
But the inability of moving on from an unrequited love is not mature. It shows you can't accept the fact that not everyone in this world is going to like you back.
At least Koto and Aya had something back then. It's not like I appreciate how Koto deal with the pain of losing her loved one. However, Koto was in a far more painful situation than Erika.
She was mutually in love with the girl of her dreams then lost it out of nowhere. Despite that, Koto did try to move forward.
On the other hand, Erika's suffering is nothing compare to Koto since is not that big of deal to give up on someone who obviously can't reciprocate your feelings.

I just can't believe some people really can't tell the difference between the two.
You can call me Erika hater or whatever you want.
It wouldn't make her more mature in my eyes though.

Let's say if Erika tried to move on to someone else before having closure to her feelings with Koto, doesn't that would just make her the same as a high school Koto ver. 2? Is that really a mature solution then? No, isn't it?

LoL
Yeah, apparently using other as a rebound is the only way in this world to move on from someone else.

Really... It's not Erika's place to tell Aya how Koto suffered through those years. Koto and Aya are together currently so it should be Koto who tells Aya, although it seems she doesn't want to tell Aya the truth. Erika shouldn't meddle about this matter, she knows there's a fine borderline that she shouldn't cross. Trust me, it's not good when someone (even if it's a close friend) meddle on their own into an ongoing relationship that is not theirs.

How can you be so sure?
Maybe Erika is just waiting for the right time to meddle in their relationship.

last edited at Apr 26, 2024 8:23AM

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

Am l the only one here who has noticed Koto did have some days with Aya after the second confession?

We all know Aya got spirited away just a day before Tanabata Festival which would be held on Saturday.
But in chapter 3, Erika mentioned Aya told her "We started dating only LAST WEEK".
(It's quite interesting here because Aya only told Erika "We started dating" , not to exact time when it happened. Erika truly was the one who was peeking at them when the two had their first kiss)

So now the biggest mystery here is, both of them (Aya and Koto) had no intention to tell anyone (include Erika) they are dating now in that seven days(at least).

last edited at Apr 24, 2024 9:12PM

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

This chapter actually says a lot.

Like Koto obviously was fooling herself to believe Aya is still alive.
She just can't accept the possibility that Aya may have been murdered, which is more logical than a 14yo girl run away from home and live on her own.
Makes me doubt Koto would killed herself if Aya was truly confirmed dead seven years ago.
And that means she would have to assume Aya, who is the best girl you can ever imagine in the world, had abandoned her without even bothering leaving a word.
Maybe part of reasons Koto said yes to everyone who confessed to her was not only trying to filled the void Aya had left but also was some kind of revenge to Aya's (assumed) cruelty.

And remember that question she asked Aya in chapter 4?
Koto acknowledges well she is not the same girl Aya accepted confession from seven years ago.
And the way how she deal with this problem is really…let me say is not that admirable.
By just gave a 14 yo kid two choices:
Confess to her who has totally changed or fucking be abandoned (left behind) right away.
Koto obviously didn't want Aya to think through this question.
Because she fears if Aya think this through, she (Aya) might find herself not loves her (Koto) anymore.
So by making Aya confess to her, Aya wouldn't think about this question that seems already be solved.

However, Aya doesn't really know what kind of person Koto is for now. Needless to say whether "loves" her or not.
The only reason Aya resumes dating present Koto is because she is the grown up version of her loved one.
That boy will never be a love rival since the real rival is past Koto.
But if Koto keeps acting like this, Aya would never get a chance to truly be in love with (present) her.

last edited at Apr 23, 2024 11:04AM

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

I loved this chapter. It gave us a look through Koto's grief and it is SO real.

What happened to Koto happens a lot. I had a friend that became a widow at 30 yo and he was just like her.

Even after years, he never managed to date someone, because he was always thinking about his late wife. In his mind, she was perfect, their life would be perfect, their house would be perfect, the children they would have would be perfect, they would never fight, never struggle. How could any living person compete with that? Everyone makes mistakes, every couple argues. But when someone isn't here anymore you can just say "well A would never do that! A wouldn't say that!" and how can anyone prove otherwise?

Idealizing the one you lost is a sure way to be miserable forever.

Grief is no joke.

I can't agree with you more.
That's why while l can (kind of) sympathize with Koto, Erika is totally another story.

I even laughed out loud when someone claimed Erika is the most mature out of the three.
Then how can she not be able to let go the girl who never likes her and even tried to use her as a rebound???

At least Koto did try to move on but sadly found herself couldn't.

The one who really needs to grow up here is Erika.

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

The problem is Erika is the one seeing herself as a villain LOL.
She thought it's some kind of betrayal because she can't help but hope the two, who are both supposed to be her best friend would break up at the end of the road so she can finally get a chance.

And no one knows better than her that she only helped the two to get back together is not out of friendship but in the hope that Koto will move on from Aya since that seven years proved Koto can't move forward on her own.
That's the main reason she wrote that Tanabata wish.

I personally don't feel the same way (see her as a villain) but l truly can't bring myself to care about her suffering.
Unlike Aya's situation, Erika's struggle is really annoying since it's not really that hard to give up on sb who never looks in her direction.
Unfortunately, she doesn't even fucking try.(It's funny that some Erika fans blame Koto for it

last edited at Apr 9, 2024 8:19AM

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

People here are kinda unhinged with their hate lol the first few chapters everyone hated Erika and thought she was horrible for having feelings for Koto and never speaking up, ignoring that she had no way of making a move on a friend grieving the tragic disappearance/death of her SO

Don't you think it's really funny to see their opinions since we can get where these hates come from.

Then after Erika didn't turn out to be the classic villain trying to stir shit, everyone hates Koto, ignoring she is clearly traumatized over losing Aya.

Erika doesn't have to do anything.
As far as she is concerned, Koto/Aya relationship wouldn't last long anyway.
Erika is too kind to be a villain imo though.

And for koto…l think most of the hates she gets is from crazy Erika fans.
They just can't accept how could Koto not choose Erika, who is the best girl in their eyes.
Furthermore, Koto did treat Erika like shit while Erika keeps hopeless in love with her, which they deem Koto doesn't deserve it at all.
Well, it's understandable.

Next on the hate train is Aya probably, after she makes a typical 14 year old blunder, instead of acting as a perfect enlightened human haha

You are so right lol.
I will definitely fucking hate her if it turns out she is a perfect human being.

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

The final page Koto looks like Aya already cheated on her, WTF. That's so out of the line I can't even convince myself things would get better once they have talk.

Koto obviously doesn't want anyone besides Erika to approach her little precious girlfriend.
She already tried to persuade Aya to quit the job while knowing Aya was not getting along with the boy at her work place. I can't predict what Koto would do now Aya has made friend with him.

And Koto clearly prefers Aya to stay at that little apartment she rent and just do nothing but wait for her to come back from college or work.
But there's no way in the world Aya would fucking do that, no matter how much she loves Koto.
It's hard to imagine she would let herself rely on someone ( even is her lover or soulmate ) at that level while she already had experience of being abandoned by her own mom.

She is mature and clever as hell while being a 14 yo girl. Normal middle schooler definitely wouldn't act like that, which makes me wonder what Aya had been through to have that kind of maturity.
However, she can be so oblivious sometimes lol.

last edited at Apr 7, 2024 4:47AM

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

I'm similar as you. I see same things about Koto and I like her more than Erika. But I like past Koto better than Koto now (as personality).

About your relationship experience, don't worry. It happens to many, sooner or later. I also had some bad experiences. It's learning.

Past Koto is…ok.
If Aya never got spirited away, their relationship would be envied by all.
However, present Koto is a real problem. I just know what Aya is going to suffer in this relationship even without all age gap issues.
It's like l see a ship destined to sink but can't do anything about it.

last edited at Mar 15, 2024 9:13AM

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

I'm actually pretty fond of Koto.
It's not like I hate her so being picky about her. Just can't turn back on what I have seen. I still like her more than Erika even though I see her as a control freak.

While Aya is like the girl out of my dream, my first love is Koto type of girl.
However, I am not even half clever or mature as Aya back then when I was a teenager.
We literally tortured each other.
That relationship is totally a disaster and not ends very well for both of us.

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

WTF? OK, you’re rude enough that I can see you’re not worth talking to.

This is not towards you but express the feelings which I am so angry towards Koto.
But I do agree it's a waste of time for both of us to continue any discussion.

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

You keep saying this, but can you please spell out exactly what Koto said that was so horrible?

I think I did explain it to you in detail lol.

If it was the business about being sure Aya loved the present-day Koto, you seem to be putting an extremely nasty reading on those statements that are potentially plausible, but at this point by no means the only way to understand what Koto meant.

You did skip reading my post, didn't you.

Koto acted like she was saying goodbye and breaking up with Aya.

"Me and Erika-chan, we are going back in college soon."
"In this way, l've been able to see your face before that."
Even a14 yo kid knows Koto is saying goodbye.
We All know Koto doesn't really mean it because of the last few page in this fucking chapter.
WTF Maybe you can tell me her intention for deliberately saying those words to a kid who has no one left except her and Erika.

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

To answer your question, I don't see her forcing her to stay for sure, but I can imagine her breaking down if Aya had to leave/wanted to leave. I honestly don't see her as manipulative, or with bad intention. I just see her as an empty shell and being super dull.

I respect your opinions.
However, I also can't convince myself that she is as innocent as you said.
I can't just pretend chapter 4 doesn't exist.
What Koto did towards a 14yo kid is really horrible. That's the main reason why I have a second thought about Koto's every behavior.

I really do hope their relationship would work out. But I am really afraid Aya would got a broken heart at the end of the road.

Genevieve
joined Oct 24, 2023

And Koto saying, “I’m not so sure you need to commit so fast” is not even close to being the same as Koto “telling her to quit her job.” Whatever happens in future chapters, a distorted reading like that is the opposite of anything even remotely resembling “evidence.”

What are you talking about?
She just got a job interview not already got that job. It would be fucking ridiculous if Koto tell her to quit in that chapter.

Edited:Maybe my reply confused you because I marked it as chapter 7 evidence. But I really did write "tell her to quit after she REALLY FOUND ONE". So it's obvious l think it would happened in next chapter. I do my best to explain it to you. It's not really my fault if you still can't get the point.

last edited at Mar 12, 2024 10:33PM