Forum › Black & White discussion

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

That was such a cute date. Totally smitten Kayo is is my favorite. Now, we have to wonder if Kayo will resort to violence (what Junko wants), or will she bide her time, and use her new contacts to destroy Junko?

I think Hashimoto is going to get involved. While she has a HUGE crush on Junko, she loves and respects Kayo. Seeing the person she's crushing on being so vindictive towards her friend, just might snap her out of it.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Ah, this is the scene from the volume 3 cover!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Fireworks in 3... 2... 1...

joined May 10, 2021

Holyshit how worse can this get?
Also that sex scene was kinda creepy? Or am I wrong for thinking this was extremely rape-y.
Fuck, Kayo should just leave that shit company and elope somewhere else with Satomi.
Thanks for the chapter, though I hate everything now.

last edited at Dec 19, 2023 1:48PM

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Also that sex scene was kinda creepy? Or am I wrong for thinking this was extremely rape-y.

It was rape.

It is incredibly frustrating to watch all these women get fucked over by a system that's run by powerful men and turned against each other. I'm glad Kayo pointed out to Junko that she's not some mastermind who's "won," she's just acted as a tool of those assholes who definitely plan to throw her away the instant she stops being convenient for them. I dearly hope there's not some "redemption" waiting for Junko at the end of this, because she definitely doesn't deserve it.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Damn it really is a dog eat dog world. That was incredibly frustrating to see Kayo just have everything taken away from her only because Junko wants to see her squirm. Like man it's not even worth the fight at that point.

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

Fuck, Kayo should just leave that shit company and elope somewhere else with Satomi.

you been right, this is as bad a case of rape as it gets. abusing her feeling of having lost everything to use her body in ways she very clearly would not agree to in any way. also being extremly violent against her, who lost her will to even move.
I dont think there is anything worse that she could have done to her.

At this point I just want her to find Satomi and get as far away as she can and try to find a way to live somewhat happily somewhere else. Pls find a new workplace too

It is incredibly frustrating to watch all these women get fucked over by a system that's run by powerful men and turned against each other. I'm glad Kayo pointed out to Junko that she's not some mastermind who's "won," she's just acted as a tool of those assholes who definitely plan to throw her away the instant she stops being convenient for them. I dearly hope there's not some "redemption" waiting for Junko at the end of this, because she definitely doesn't deserve it.

now that you say it, it kinda feels like hasimoto is gonna get leaked as well and thrown away, then junko as well as soon as she stop being able to be used in any way, leaving basicly just guys at the top. I dunno if its intended by the author or just coincidence

last edited at Dec 19, 2023 2:14PM

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Ughh..... I don't know what I expected but that's fucking gross :/ Man that sucks, I thought they were SOMEWHAT salvageable but nah we're passed the point of return. I hope Kayo doesn't go crazy after that and stoop down to her level.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

This series has really great characters and is really interesting thematically. Their interplay is amazing and Junko is absolutely terrible. Can't wait to see how this wraps up in the last 2 chapters.

last edited at Dec 19, 2023 2:48PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

This series has really great characters and is really interesting thematically. Their interplay is amazing and Junko is absolutely terrible. Can't wait to see how this wraps up in the last 2 chapters.

I didn't expect Volume 3 to be the last one, now i'm upset D: I mean it's probably better than drawing it out too much, things can only escalate so far until it starts being goofy and taking you out of it, but still D:

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Honestly best thing that Kayo can do at this point is get away from Junko and salvage her relationship with Sakakibara and for Junko.... Realize that she's leashed herself to men who are at best going to keep her directly underneath them and decide that at that point she might as well start swinging.

Like things might not be too terrible for Sakakibara you don't get to be in her position without having contacts, with people outside of the company willing to help her out she could probably land a pretty cushy new job as long as of course the company decides to keep quiet about why exactly she was discharged. (which is a toss-up)

last edited at Dec 19, 2023 4:10PM

joined Sep 6, 2022

you been right, this is as bad a case of rape as it gets. abusing her feeling of having lost everything to use her body in ways she very clearly would not agree to in any way. also being extremly violent against her, who lost her will to even move.
I dont think there is anything worse that she could have done to her.

At this point I just want her to find Satomi and get as far away as she can and try to find a way to live somewhat happily somewhere else. Pls find a new workplace too

now that you say it, it kinda feels like hasimoto is gonna get leaked as well and thrown away, then junko as well as soon as she stop being able to be used in any way, leaving basicly just guys at the top. I dunno if its intended by the author or just coincidence

It’s almost certainly intentional, it’s part of what makes this all harrowing on a social commentary level. There are so many accounts of women in professional fields absolutely ripping each other apart and stepping over each others corpses for petty reasons until it’s just the men left. Not much use being the highest ranking woman in your field if, in the course of achieving that, you’re the only one left. Same for a lot of other marginalized groups. Just crabs in the bucket bullshit. One of the many reasons I left corporate. All the #girlboss jokes aren’t really jokes, but references to how many women in business turn into absolute monsters who are somehow worse than the men to other women because they want to “win the game”.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Junko is so toxic it's like she was plucked straight out of Happy Sugar Life

joined May 23, 2020

Ngl I've enjoyed their scenes so far but that sex scene was the absolute worst. Holy crap do I feel dirty. I hope Kayo gets out of that and never sees that crazy ass Junko.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I'm starting to think this is not a longer more violent version of "Twisted girl x Twisted girl"

Img_20230402_152744
joined Aug 23, 2022

This went to funny to fxcked up really fast (that rape scene kind of was unnecessary I think?). But this fxcked up dynamic is so interesting, I can't stop till the end niw. I really hate Junko and I want epic consequences for her character, fxck off with character development or redemption arc, I need blood and Junko ascension.
Also, I don't like that much Isumi's character, but I love Isumi's persona (she's a sweetie) but being the good of goods and the only good option in the toxic manga is not that interesting for me.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Ngl I've enjoyed their scenes so far but that sex scene was the absolute worst. Holy crap do I feel dirty.

Those were (somewhat) consensual, this was straight up rape.

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

AHH two more chapters, I really want to see the end. The best way to deal with toxic people is to cut them off the life, so I don't count this as Kayo's loss.

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Funnily enough, Ayreon's "Loser" was also track #16, and the lyrics there have a lot of overlap with this chapter, in places.

Picquart%20petit
joined Jan 16, 2023

This went to funny to fxcked up really fast (that rape scene kind of was unnecessary I think?).

Honestly I think a scene like this was kind of necessary since it is truly a demonstration that we're past the point of no return.
So many people (myself included) thought that Junko could still salvage something, that is clearly not the case now. Given their relationship is built on hatesex I don't think any purely verbal confrontational have been strong enough to shake us out of that attitude.
Now though she has gone too far and that scene was wonderful in its uncomfortableness.

joined Feb 20, 2023

This went to funny to fxcked up really fast (that rape scene kind of was unnecessary I think?).

Honestly I think a scene like this was kind of necessary since it is truly a demonstration that we're past the point of no return.
So many people (myself included) thought that Junko could still salvage something, that is clearly not the case now. Given their relationship is built on hatesex I don't think any purely verbal confrontational have been strong enough to shake us out of that attitude.
Now though she has gone too far and that scene was wonderful in its uncomfortableness.

Tbh all of their previous encounters were already a thin line away from rape. That line was whether or not the other fought back. It's not like they were ever waiting for consent before. Here Junko goes on as normal but Kayo doesn't care anymore and doesn't want to reciprocate.

My point being I agree this scene was kinda necessary, or at least it didnt feel forced. It's in character for both of them and kinda what's been building up ever since Kayo found her own love and didn't need to sexually vent with Junko anymore. Meanwhile Junko still hasn't opened up to Hashimoto. This scene also puts the nail in the coffin of Kayo x Junko. (Unless we get to White Angels level of toxic relationships.)

And just in case I come across ambiguously, no Im not saying Junko didn't cross a line with that rape. She still crossed a line of course.

last edited at Dec 20, 2023 1:40PM

joined Oct 2, 2021

Kayo needs to take Junko on a short trip ...down a flight of stairs

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Junko is broken. She THOUGHT that Kayo was broken too. Then, she found out that Kayo (messed up as she was) was capable of loving another person, and was close to achieving a lasting love. Junko couldn't handle losing her plaything. She was also embarrassed that Kayo wouldn't wallow in the gutter with her and remain broken.

So, now, she's just throwing a tantrum, like a toddler. But, toddlers don't have the power and intelligence of an adult. Imagine the reckless destruction a toddler could achieve with the power of an adult.

joined Sep 6, 2022

Funnily enough, Ayreon's "Loser" was also track #16, and the lyrics there have a lot of overlap with this chapter, in places.

Whoaaa! Always cool to run into another Ayreonaut! Also, you're right, holy shit.

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

Junko is such a perfect villain protagonist. I've really enjoyed this one.

I hope she starts to miss Kayo immediately next chapter. I can't wait to see how she explodes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.