Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Lol, lmao even. It's starting to look like the villainess system really was Elsa being cursed rather than Yvonne directly.

Yeah that's what I thought too. It would make sense but we'll see!

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The speculation about the curse manifesting as the villainous system sounds like it should make sense, but from what I understand, all the curse actually does, while you're still alive, is sap your vitality. How would it go from that to something WAY more active, like the system we saw at the start of the series?

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

The speculation about the curse manifesting as the villainous system sounds like it should make sense, but from what I understand, all the curse actually does, while you're still alive, is sap your vitality. How would it go from that to something WAY more active, like the system we saw at the start of the series?

Like the full curse basically constantly urges a person to give in to their worst impulses, and that's the reason why when it latches onto demonlords that's like world ending levels of bad. But the curse that they have is a small fragment that leaked out when the sage's body was stolen and thus the seal that her body was holding broke for a moment.

So there's precedence for the curse to do more than just sap vitality.

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Why is this chapter so short?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Once again Yvonne is reminded that she is not the player character, but merely a love interest. :-)

last edited at Dec 18, 2023 5:26AM

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Is that a new cover ? It's criminally cute.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Is that a new cover ? It's criminally cute.

Came here to say this as well. ^_^

370861283_861532238741669_2203837647360071904_n
joined Aug 27, 2023

my first yuri!!

joined Jan 21, 2020

Ngl im kinda over seeing this "im gonna bear the curse for you" shit again. Id appretiate some series going into living and doing well for others for once rather than just always suffering for them

last edited at Jan 7, 2024 9:13PM

joined May 9, 2017

Ngl im kinda over seeing this "im gonna bear the curse for you" shit again. Id appretiate some series going into living and doing well for others for once rather than just always suffering for them

I mean, I do understand that people don't want to read that kind of stories, but this is kind of the premise of the whole story, Yvonne suffering for the sake of Elsa. This is reversed this time, but I guess this was never a story for you in the first place.

I still wish they could have shared the curse. They are both bearing so much on their own for the sake of each other. But I'm pretty much sure they'll find their way through that one as well :)

last edited at Jan 7, 2024 11:24PM

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I mean, I do understand that people don't want to read that kind of stories, but this is kind of the premise of the whole story

It's also almost impossible to make a compelling story where the heroine goes "I will let you bear this suffering and enjoy my life even if I could do otherwise". In a cynical or anti-hero story, sure, that might work, or in a dramatic one that sells to its readers that lives are not equal... But as long as you are among characters of "traditional goodness", it's unlikely that they will let the ones they love suffer without acting - even when the only possible action only results in tilting the scales the other way.

Edit : Also the premise of the story is that Yvonne had to bear the punishment of the Villainess System because she didn't want Elsa to suffer. I find some obvious similitude between the two.

last edited at Jan 7, 2024 11:42PM

7bxpww
joined Nov 15, 2023

Nice

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

the color palette used to represent the curse is identical (or nearly identical) to the one used to represent the Villainess System textboxes... if my earlier theory was correct and the VS was connected to the curse, these events could have some really weird consequences

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Good job resisting the curse.

And such an adorable ending to the chapter. ^_^

joined Jan 14, 2020

Our heroines got together and made out in chapter 57, with implied oral in bonus 57.5 (presumably set vaguely in the future). By 62 or 63 the time travel had happened, and we're at chapter 83 now. So the time arc has lasted for nearly 1/4 of the total run of the comic.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

So... What's next? There's a lot more going on in this time travel arc than I expected...

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I hate seeing the little peanuts in distress.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

There isn't really a good or bad answer to Linda's excuse. Relying on a trustworthy prophecy to get the best outcome for everyone isn't a bad thing, but at the same time, choosing to trust a prophecy that claims a child must bear a burden (which is a literal torture) for the sake of others is never not irresponsible. Guess we just have to accept that she made her decision, anyway.

Looks like we're starting to head towards the end of the time travel part... I wonder if the issue has been resolved ? I assume the curse itself is still to be taken care of, but did Elsa taking on the curse was the solution to mitigate its power and prevent the demon attack ?

That they'd have to be separated was obvious, otherwise the timeline would be messed up. I'm not particularly seeing in a good eye the whole "You pretty much sacrificed your life for my family, but now you're a liability, so take this money and leave". Nobles gonna be nobles, and well, that guy already has a bad ending in store for himself, anyway.

TL;DR Adults suck, Evie's job is done, Elsa still unlucky.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And now we have the answer to why they only met again in school.

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

tbh, might just be me. but it feels like this story is kinda bad at lore long term. with all the random stuff that happen and been dropped a few chapters later. But I also dont know what I wanna see instead, maybe just some girls being gay? dunno really

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

There isn't really a good or bad answer to Linda's excuse. Relying on a trustworthy prophecy to get the best outcome for everyone isn't a bad thing, but at the same time, choosing to trust a prophecy that claims a child must bear a burden (which is a literal torture) for the sake of others is never not irresponsible. Guess we just have to accept that she made her decision, anyway.

Looks like we're starting to head towards the end of the time travel part... I wonder if the issue has been resolved ? I assume the curse itself is still to be taken care of, but did Elsa taking on the curse was the solution to mitigate its power and prevent the demon attack ?

That they'd have to be separated was obvious, otherwise the timeline would be messed up. I'm not particularly seeing in a good eye the whole "You pretty much sacrificed your life for my family, but now you're a liability, so take this money and leave". Nobles gonna be nobles, and well, that guy already has a bad ending in store for himself, anyway.

TL;DR Adults suck, Evie's job is done, Elsa still unlucky.

My guess is that having a better understanding of what’s going on might help Evie to avoid whatever tragic future was being predicted for the two of them. There could also be a final revelation coming up that’ll hold some key to the future.

Also, in defense of Evie’s dad, his reasoning was less along the lines of “you’re a liability,” and more like, “if I allow you to stay here, then the very thing that you sacrificed yourself to avoid might come to pass anyways, so tell me what you need and go.” I’d say it’s pretty fair, all things considered.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

imho the purpose of this time travel was to realize whom elsa had given her first kiss so Yvonne finally puts all her doubts about the rules of the world and how its supposed to work and whats supposedly best for everyone to rest.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/please_bully_me_miss_villainess_ch57#6

joined Jan 14, 2020

IIRC the ostensible purpose of the time travel was so that Yvonne would do something that wouldn't change her past up to that point, but would shut off the alleged Infinite Demon Spawn point nearby, i.e. change her immediate future to "not die".

Haven't gotten to that yet.

joined May 9, 2017

imho the purpose of this time travel was to realize whom elsa had given her first kiss so Yvonne finally puts all her doubts about the rules of the world and how its supposed to work and whats supposedly best for everyone to rest.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/please_bully_me_miss_villainess_ch57#6

I thought that was quite obvious. I guess that will happen next chapter, and then Yvonne will return to the present. I wonder if Elsa will remember though.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

"I will live as Elsa Dorothy, for now and forever."
That a weird way to say that you will never be topped!

To reply you must either login or sign up.