Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I believe this is where the correct reaction is a simple "Oh, fuck..."

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

OK, so hang on . . . in the absence of Elsa being there at that time, the curse would just have gone to Yvonne. And OK, the curse gradually eating her up could turn her into a villainess, fine, fine. But as far as I can tell, in the timeline before we did the time shenanigans, there was no particular sign of either of them bearing this curse, although the future-Elsa, or, um, the Elsa from SOME future, plausibly maybe did. Well, unless the curse manifested to isekai-ed Yvonne as the game villain system (remember that?).

So now we're going to try to change the timeline so one of them DOES have the curse? Or what's going on here?

I dunno. The feeling of the earlier parts of this story being connected to the more recent parts of this story is getting more and more tenuous for me.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I dunno. The feeling of the earlier parts of this story being connected to the more recent parts of this story is getting more and more tenuous for me.

Well, we know that in the earlier parts the mother was alive, which was already a departure from the original storyline, and right now we seem to be on the bring of finding out why. So far the connection still works. What we still don't know is where the curse will go, so of course this still brings up some questions. It just remains to be seen where we'll go from here. Although now that I think, we do have one more willing candidate to accept the curse.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

DON'T DO IT ELSA!!!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Well, unless the curse manifested to isekai-ed Yvonne as the game villain system (remember that?).

This is what I think has happened. IIRC Yvonne has not received any messages from the villainess system since her trip to the past began, implying that it does not yet exist or is not attached to her at the current point in the timeline.

joined Feb 17, 2018

OK, so hang on . . . in the absence of Elsa being there at that time, the curse would just have gone to Yvonne. And OK, the curse gradually eating her up could turn her into a villainess, fine, fine. But as far as I can tell, in the timeline before we did the time shenanigans, there was no particular sign of either of them bearing this curse, although the future-Elsa, or, um, the Elsa from SOME future, plausibly maybe did. Well, unless the curse manifested to isekai-ed Yvonne as the game villain system (remember that?).

So now we're going to try to change the timeline so one of them DOES have the curse? Or what's going on here?

The way I read it, in the original story line her mother dies, she gets the curse, and turns into the villainess. Then in the first isekai timeline, the same happens, and then time travel shenanigans are pulled and she goes back in time and takes the curse on voluntarily, sparing her mother. Second Isekai timeline (the one the comic started in) has yvonne growing up in the timeline altered by the first time travel.

but hell if I know. Time travel is always a headache of causality and I've never seen a story not strictly about time travel that has been improved by its introduction

Img_9632
joined Oct 1, 2022

Doomed yuri...

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I wonder if Elsa gets the curse and the Villainess system is part of her punishments/complications? It specifically desires to make her life miserable. Seems it could go either way. Interesting stuff.

last edited at Dec 10, 2023 4:44PM

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

The way I read it, in the original story line her mother dies, she gets the curse, and turns into the villainess. Then in the first isekai timeline, the same happens, and then time travel shenanigans are pulled and she goes back in time and takes the curse on voluntarily, sparing her mother. Second Isekai timeline (the one the comic started in) has yvonne growing up in the timeline altered by the first time travel.

but hell if I know. Time travel is always a headache of causality and I've never seen a story not strictly about time travel that has been improved by its introduction

So what if yvonne and elsa both take the curse? It would explain future elsa being hurt of something and yvonne evil system (also the bad yvonne in her mind as well)
Maybe like you've said, the elsa with curse is from timeline 2 whom used time traveler thing to change yvonne timeline 3 future

joined Apr 18, 2023

It seems to me that time travel Elsa took on the curse to help Yvonne. That's why she was surrounded by the curse magic and it also explains why the demon lord is stick as a kid. So my guess is time travel Elsa is hoping that current Yvonne is strong enough to not only carry the but break the curse with both their powers.

joined Apr 18, 2023

It seems to me that time travel Elsa took on the curse to help Yvonne. That's why she was surrounded by the curse magic and it also explains why the demon lord is stick as a kid. So my guess is time travel Elsa is hoping that current Yvonne is strong enough to not only carry the but break the curse with both their powers.

joined Apr 18, 2023

joined Apr 18, 2023

Oh sh*t! What if something went wrong during big else's timeliness and the curse wound up killing Yvonne faster because if her high curse affinity. Or just turned her completely into the demon lord!

joined Apr 18, 2023

Oh sh*t! What if something went wrong during big else's timeliness and the curse wound up killing Yvonne faster because if her high curse affinity. Or just turned her completely into the demon lord!

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

i have a suspicion that the villainess system is somehow related to the curse, im not sure how exactly though

last edited at Dec 11, 2023 3:21AM

joined Dec 22, 2021

I am guessing the correct way to deal with the curse and solve the time travel plot is for Elsa and Yvonne to split the curse between them.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I am guessing the correct way to deal with the curse and solve the time travel plot is for Elsa and Yvonne to split the curse between them.

Share the neural load, so to speak. I'm pretty sure the two of them are drift compatible...

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

The duke's been rather inflexible before, so things might be easier with this kid.

Oof. Might have been true if Yvonne had actually been a kid... but here, they managed to get blasted with wind powers instead. As least that does count as "different", I guess.

Not that those assholes didn't deserve that or worse.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, there's the important bit of information we missed so far. Although it still remains to be seen what exactly happens next, seeing how both girls are now planning to do the same.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

I wonder if Elsa gets the curse and the Villainess system is part of her punishments/complications? It specifically desires to make her life miserable. Seems it could go either way. Interesting stuff.

I’m actually wondering if the Villainess System is the curse’s attempt to make itself whole after being split between the two. Remember Chapter 1, where a “mare” is trying to pull Else off a building while the Villainess system tells Yvonne to either push her or watch her jump? Maybe the whole point of the Villainess System is to either get one of the girls killed or trying to accelerate its progression in one or both of them (maybe misery can speed up the curses’s progression)? After all, if they do both possess the curse, and one of them dies or enter the eternal slumber before having any heirs of their own, the other girl would likely be the one to inherit the rest of the curse. Maybe the curse even realizes that Yvonne has been isekai’d into that role, and is choosing to present itself as a gamified system specifically to trick her into complying? I don’t know, but I’m interested in seeing where this is going

Share the neural load, so to speak. I'm pretty sure the two of them are drift compatible...

I never knew how badly I wanted a Pacific Rim-Please Bully Me Miss Villainess crossover until today.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I never knew how badly I wanted a Pacific Rim-Please Bully Me Miss Villainess crossover until today.

I mean, if Elsa and Yvonne got into a Jaeger, it would solve their endless demon army problem in the present.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I’m actually wondering if the Villainess System is the curse’s attempt to make itself whole after being split between the two. Remember Chapter 1, where a “mare” is trying to pull Else off a building while the Villainess system tells Yvonne to either push her or watch her jump? Maybe the whole point of the Villainess System is to either get one of the girls killed or trying to accelerate its progression in one or both of them (maybe misery can speed up the curses’s progression)? After all, if they do both possess the curse, and one of them dies or enter the eternal slumber before having any heirs of their own, the other girl would likely be the one to inherit the rest of the curse. Maybe the curse even realizes that Yvonne has been isekai’d into that role, and is choosing to present itself as a gamified system specifically to trick her into complying? I don’t know, but I’m interested in seeing where this is going

I feel like this theory is better than the conclusion we're actually going to get, haha.
Sorry, author, I don't quite trust you to pull all these timetravel shenanigans together that nicely.

664cf739-1617-40c1-9f8a-ab01b71652f9%202
joined Sep 28, 2021

what if they share the curse... and beat it through the power of.... sapphic love bum bum bummmmmmmm

sorry I literally have no thoughts anymore HAHAHA

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Elsa learned to be clever and ruthless at a very early age.

What I can't figure out is if this happened in the previous worldline or not... what is Evie actually changing in this excursion?

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Lol, lmao even. It's starting to look like the villainess system really was Elsa being cursed rather than Yvonne directly.

To reply you must either login or sign up.