Forum › A Scummy Gap Student With a Hard Life Calls Upon a Lady of the Night discussion

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I just went to the maid cafe myself. Glad to see some female customers being there as well lol.

joined Jul 6, 2023

In old romantic stories, even back in the 19th century, the love of a woman was what pushed the lazy scummy mc to cut the nonsense, change his ways, get a job, become a productive member of society; all to support the woman he loved.
Good to see that the old cliched developments of romantic fiction still work today.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Pretty sure she was less enthusiastic about the job than seeing Mashiro there, but if it works, it works. :D

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

The three big motivators for "shit i don't really wanna do":

1. Spite
  2. Money
  3. Horny

Works every time

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So that makes both daughters who have left the house and are living on their own (or rather, with their girlfriends) for good, thus giving the middle finger to their toxic parents. Excellent.

I'm sure Makino wants her stuff though

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

An advantage of having a yuri story with two adults is that they aren't legally bound to their parents ^_^

Well Makino isn't an adult and even then that wouldn't be a Yuri element

joined Jan 14, 2020

The manga start near the end of high school, with college entrance exams. And then we have people wondering if Makino is taking a 'gap year', and I recall no mention of school or classes outside cram school, so I think Makino is 18 now.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The manga start near the end of high school, with college entrance exams. And then we have people wondering if Makino is taking a 'gap year', and I recall no mention of school or classes outside cram school, so I think Makino is 18 now.

Yeah, I think Makino is legally an adult at this point, but she was still financially dependent on her parents until recently.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And then we have people wondering if Makino is taking a 'gap year'

It's literally in the title...

joined Aug 11, 2022

Reminder who to anyone who had forgotten chapter 1, MC is already at least maybe 18 to maybe 19 at most of age. Her parents got mad at her for failing for college exams after all so she already graduated high school.

She taking cram school to train herself to have a better chance of getting into college/university [Her main goal of attending is to get money from her parents+ Onee-san is there.]

If Japan laws is similar to America law then MC can just move out since she 18+...except she has no money (Parents probably won't lend her any rent money lol) and can only freeload off Onee-san place or her older sis to sleep XD

Maid cafe huh...I mean MC and onee-san are both pretty so I guess their good looks are useful there...might be embarrassing though for onee-san/Mashiro...at least the pay will be above minimum...Though MC need to learn to lie better at job interviews/come up with better reasons for apply...you have to lie about 80% of the time when applying for part time jobs lol.

The rich boy turned G@y huh...I was expecting for MC's new energetic friend to be the one to help him out in his time of helpless but meh whatever it work too I guess? Can't say I am too surprised, author like to make silly comedy developments sometimes... He not too important to the plot though lol XD

last edited at Dec 15, 2023 3:09AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I must admit that I had the fleeting (and narratively implausible) thought that Makino might end up, um, joining Mashiro in her side job.

Hijinks would have surely ensued . . .

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I must admit that I had the fleeting (and narratively implausible) thought that Makino might end up, um, joining Mashiro in her side job.

I can't deny this thought crossing my mind for a moment either.

joined Apr 16, 2022

In old romantic stories, even back in the 19th century, the love of a woman was what pushed the lazy scummy mc to cut the nonsense, change his ways, get a job, become a productive member of society; all to support the woman he loved.
Good to see that the old cliched developments of romantic fiction still work today.

Looks like you spoke too soon lol. The path to productivity is still long and hard...ganbare Makino!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I laughed my head off at Makino calling her mother "Toxic Mom" to her face. :D

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I laughed my head off at Makino calling her mother "Toxic Mom" to her face. :D

She worked hard for that nickname. Might as well give her what she earned.

_yuri_hime_14_clear_file
joined Oct 21, 2011

I hope her mom showing up is a good thing. She may be a bitch, but she loves and cares for her daughter, not just trying to drag her back home. I hope this is the case

Tumblr_nwl27ntzmv1tjyeywo1_250
joined Sep 15, 2015

My guess is that this is going to turn into a "Mashiro called Makino's mum when she collapsed out of worry and told her mum to let her go back living at home whilst simultaneously pushing Makino back into living at home out of worry for her", which will cause drama and push them apart before something unexpected happens or they finally work up the courage to actually communicate and get back together again, etc etc.

I hope I'm wrong but I've read so many yuri stories that have this exact situation play out and it always involves some sort of time apart and/or a timeskip.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

My guess is that this is going to turn into a "Mashiro called Makino's mum when she collapsed out of worry and told her mum to let her go back living at home whilst simultaneously pushing Makino back into living at home out of worry for her", which will cause drama and push them apart before something unexpected happens or they finally work up the courage to actually communicate and get back together again, etc etc.

I hope I'm wrong but I've read so many yuri stories that have this exact situation play out and it always involves some sort of time apart and/or a timeskip.

It's more likely that the hospital called her, informing next of kin and all that.

joined Oct 9, 2011

It's more likely that the hospital called her, informing next of kin and all that.

Mashiro really just put down her sister as the only kin they should contact if that is so.

Then at least Mashiro won't be seperated from Makino.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Toxic mom loool

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

lol calling her toxic mom like she got another non-toxic mom

joined Jan 24, 2022

Is Toxic mom realizing she has no children left and trying to get Makino to come back

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Is Toxic mom realizing she has no children left and trying to get Makino to come back

I'm very doubtful she's doing it out of love. She just wants her pawn back.

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

Where is Mashiro?

joined May 24, 2014

Oh well, the scumbag tried

To reply you must either login or sign up.