Forum › Posts by Teacup

Tumblr_nwl27ntzmv1tjyeywo1_250
joined Sep 15, 2015

My guess is that this is going to turn into a "Mashiro called Makino's mum when she collapsed out of worry and told her mum to let her go back living at home whilst simultaneously pushing Makino back into living at home out of worry for her", which will cause drama and push them apart before something unexpected happens or they finally work up the courage to actually communicate and get back together again, etc etc.

I hope I'm wrong but I've read so many yuri stories that have this exact situation play out and it always involves some sort of time apart and/or a timeskip.

joined Sep 15, 2015

Okay. Okay. Look. I've been fine with the subtle, low key subtext approach this series has been taking. If they never took things in an explicitly romantic direction, I would've been disappointed, but I'm used to those kinds of stories and it's pretty obvious that you can read between the lines and see the nature of it. I've been reading ambiguously gay fiction for decades, I'm used to that.

But this better not be a fakeout, or I'm gonna be so mad.

It's so weird, I can handle a series that never runs for the finish line, but I can't stand narrative edging. If the future strips continue with this, great, if they pivot to "I love her as a fan! She's my Oshi!" or "Man, she loves Rock & Roll so much!" I'm gonna riot.

It would definitely start to feel a bit suspect but I wouldn't be too mad about it yet. The thought has crossed my mind though, especially after this chapter. This instance could be a fake out but if they eventually make their romantic feelings clear than it's a non issue. But it would be weird to do all this teasing and then end it with them as just "straight" friends. Does the series specifically market itself as Yuri? I haven't ever checked actually.

Ah, the good ol' Higashiyama Shou's Stretch route huh?
Surely they wouldn't....right?....right?!

joined Sep 15, 2015

This girl gets me on an emotional level

joined Sep 15, 2015

It’s always nice to see something from Mira, but I don’t think I’ll EVER understand S&M

Please don't take this story, or really most yuri bdsm stories, as what an actual bdsm or S&M relationship looks like. If you want to read something that shows, as close as possible(everyone's "bdsm" is different), what an actual BDSM relationship is like read Sunstone by Stjepan Sejic. This has been my public service announcement.

Teacup
joined Sep 15, 2015

Rlly want bdsm where there is aftercare tho. A lot of intense bdsm but never enough on how it is after all of it :c

Nana to Kaoru is still the best in this regard.

Nana to Kaoru is good, and though not really a "manga" but a comic, Sunstone is still the best in my eyes.

joined Sep 15, 2015

inb4 she does actually eat Hinako when she becomes happy/wants to live, her friend ends up becoming how Hinako is right now because she died and Shiori starts the same process over but with the friend instead. Some weird thing about strong emotions being linked to taste so this is something Shiori does to people all the time, y'know because she's a gourmet and all.

joined Sep 15, 2015

Mm, think I'm done with this. I can handle a lot but rape is my line. Don't think I'll end up missing much tbh.

Teacup
My Roommate discussion 11 Jun 19:04
joined Sep 15, 2015

And they were roommates

joined Sep 15, 2015

Guys, what if the parents ARE that car?!

joined Sep 15, 2015

I got the feeling from reading it that it wasn't actually 87 days, but she was just exaggerating the amount of time they spent apart due to how much she wanted to see her and therefore it felt longer than it actually was. That and it didn't seem to me that 3 months had passed in the events that were currently going on. Then again this is all my own speculation and what I'm choosing to believe regardless of its truth or not.

Teacup
Image Comments 23 Jul 10:22
joined Sep 15, 2015
50345592_p0

Umi probably looks like that because of how embarrassed she is. It IS Umi after all.

joined Sep 15, 2015

Not the ending I hoped for.

I spent the entire series weeping loudly about Namsu, and she didn't even appear in the final chapter ;_; I just wanted my dear precious daughter Namsu to be happy ;_; Namsuuuuuuuu

I guess the moral of the story is, don't try and please everyone when it comes to love?

e: The more I think about it, the more sad I get over Namsu. She did literally nothing wrong the entire series. She tried, earnestly, at both her love and her sport. And in the end, she got nothing. All because of what Joy did. That makes me so sad.

Joy seemed like such a good girl in the beginning too. :|

e2: ((LOUD SOBBING)) NAMSUUUUUUUU YOU DIDN'T DESERVE ANY OF THISSSSSSS MY CHILDDDDDD AHHHHHH ;___;

This, all of this. Pretty sure I'm going to be sad over Namsu for a long time, she deserved so much but got the worst of everything :c

joined Sep 15, 2015

Well, after reading the last chapter all I can say is I'm super disappointed. Sigh... Hopefully Her Pet turns out better than this one did.

joined Sep 15, 2015

Imo, after reading that chapter I think the best way to resolve everything and bring back my reading enjoyment would be for Sungji to leave Sumin and just have the rest of the story about Sungji finding someone who actually treats her how she deserves.

Teacup
joined Sep 15, 2015

If you want to read good, realistic yuri BDSM read Sunstone. Probably the closest thing you'll get that's out there right now.