Forum › Long-Awaited Feelings discussion

StudentOfEtherium
Djp09ca4_400x400
joined Dec 16, 2017

is it just me, or was the art style for the most recent chapter different? it feels softer than previous chapters

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

"I need to have professional integrity! I can't be led astray by my OTP!"

Ah, the struggle of our generation. :-(

is it just me, or was the art style for the most recent chapter different? it feels softer than previous chapters

I've noticed it, too. I think it's an indication that Ji Youyan and Jing Xiu's relationship is pivoting to a more gentle phase. Ji, in particular, has been making all sorts of smushy faces whenever Jing was nice towards her.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Reading this: "Ahh, this is lovely and well-written, I can't wait for more!"

Reading the comments: "...How are you people calling this boring?"

joined May 10, 2021

Boy oh boy that was a great batch of chapters, thanks a ton!
We're still smooth sailing towards the both of them being an item again... I mean just look at Ji, those faces aren't just due to her cold!

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I like the way the challenges the actors face in the competition sort of parallel the obstacles in Jing Xiu and Ji Youyan's relationship. It sounds kind of basic when I put it this way, but it really is quite nice.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Xiao is right that Ji probably isn't fully ready for the implications of being with Jing publicly. I think that will be one of the later hurdles for their relationship. It should be something Jing is particularly sensitive about, since it already caused them to break up once.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I love how casually intimate with each other Ji and Jing are at this point.

StudentOfEtherium
Djp09ca4_400x400
joined Dec 16, 2017

god, this is so good. i can't wait for more chapters

97e2e223-97fa-4d0c-b52a-cd43a92e96ac
joined Apr 8, 2022

When are there going to be more chapters, does anyone know? It’s been a while.

joined Jul 8, 2020

No more translation for this series?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

There are a couple more chapters over on Dex, up to ch.36. There's also an official English version on Bilibili now that's currently at 14/26 chapters (free/paid).

joined Nov 13, 2023

The Chinese manhua is on chapter 84. Story progression is at ~40/142 chapters from the original 2019 web novel. At the current release pace, this should run for another 5-6 years. The scanlation groups may have dropped it because Bilibili started putting out chapters in English. If the translations don't progress, I'll personally translate it in a few years.

The web novel is one of the best stories I've ever read. Not just one of the best yuri stories, one of the best stories period. It's like 'The Count of Monte Cristo'-level good. Sadly, the English translations are not very far along (because translating novels takes forever and is a pain in the ass). But if you are thinking about machine translating it, don't do it. This is a story worth waiting for.

This series also spawned a very high quality audio drama that cannot be translated. In the last chapter of the novel, JYY writes a song for JX with lyrics so beautiful I cried. The audio drama used the lyrics to produce an original track, it's an absolute banger

If you're still in school and think you will be a lifelong yuri fan, go learn Chinese. It's a very hard language to pick up, but the next 50 years there's going to be so much more high quality content coming out of China. This series alone has a manhua putting out weekly full color chapters with insanely high art quality, a 36-episode audio drama, a hardcover book published, merch on Taobao, and an 50k fan community on Weibo that is putting out fan art constantly. There's already so much talent, investment, and fan support for yuri in a market 10x as big as Japan, and it's growing every year. Yes, the best content may get translated, but there's nothing comparable to consuming it in the original language because so much gets lost in translation.

joined Jul 8, 2020

The web novel is one of the best stories I've ever read. Not just one of the best yuri stories, one of the best stories period. It's like 'The Count of Monte Cristo'-level good. Sadly, the English translations are not very far along (because translating novels takes forever and is a pain in the ass). But if you are thinking about machine translating it, don't do it. This is a story worth waiting for.

I already read the web novel with translation machine. While its true that using translation machine is confusing af but i manage to get the gist of the story and i agree that it is one of the most beautiful story i ever read and im so happy that it is a yuri story. I wish i can understand more the details and i definitely would love to read the proper translation. You're right, this story is worth waiting for.

This series also spawned a very high quality audio drama that cannot be translated. In the last chapter of the novel, JYY writes a song for JX with lyrics so beautiful I cried. The audio drama used the lyrics to produce an original track, it's an absolute banger

I'd love to hear that! I wish i can understand the audio drama. Is the content of the audio drama same with the novel? or there are differences?

If you're still in school and think you will be a lifelong yuri fan, go learn Chinese. It's a very hard language to pick up, but the next 50 years there's going to be so much more high quality content coming out of China. This series alone has a manhua putting out weekly full color chapters with insanely high art quality, a 36-episode audio drama, a hardcover book published, merch on Taobao, and an 50k fan community on Weibo that is putting out fan art constantly. There's already so much talent, investment, and fan support for yuri in a market 10x as big as Japan, and it's growing every year. Yes, the best content may get translated, but there's nothing comparable to consuming it in the original language because so much gets lost in translation.

Wow. The series really that big in China? Well im not in school anymore but i guess now more reason to start learning Chinese

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Can absolutely echo that statement, I read the novel in a completely terrible machine translation and it was STILL extremely good and moved me to tears, even though the translation made it hard to understand what's going on half the time. Reading it in a competent translation or even in Chinese is only going to be 10 times better than that.

A girl only has so much time in the day T_T Also Chinese really is fcking hard and frustrating that knowing Japanese helps exactly nothing since the languages are so different despite sharing a script (and I struggle matching the simplified characters with their Japanese counterparts)

joined Nov 13, 2023

I'd love to hear that! I wish i can understand the audio drama. Is the content of the audio drama same with the novel? or there are differences?

The song is here https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1zi4y1S7pU
The audio drama has superb voice acting and stays 100% true to the original story. It does skip some details, such as descriptions of feèlings & motives and some minor scenes, and the audio format has limitations for scenes with no dialogue.

last edited at Nov 22, 2023 11:17PM

joined Dec 5, 2018

just let me tell you guys. You guys are in for a RIDE. I already read the complete novel of this manhua. And it's FUCKING GOOD, one of the best GL out there, the angst and heart string will be all worth it, i promise

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

There's already so much talent, investment, and fan support for yuri in a market 10x as big as Japan, and it's growing every year. Yes, the best content may get translated, but there's nothing comparable to consuming it in the original language because so much gets lost in translation.

That's really encouraging to hear. Only thing I knew about the Chinese yuri market was the whole drama about Tamen de Gushi getting cancelled, and the rumors I read said that it was because of Chinese government pressuring publishers to crack down on depictions of LGBT romance...
But I assumed those interpretations were leaving out a lot of nuance and details. Or were false. Either way RIP tdg.

last edited at Nov 29, 2023 4:58PM

joined Apr 19, 2019

Go for it Youyan!

joined Jul 8, 2020

To get permission to write fic from the person herself, Ningwei really living every shipper wish lol

joined May 10, 2021

I felt like going back a few chapters, and I swear I wasted a few minutes staring at the chapters covers illustrations thingy... They're so damn good!
Thanks for the chapter !

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

This is turning out to be one of the sweeting stories stories I've read.

Miss Ji is so romantic

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

I'm in awe, the combination of scheming of honest romance and feelings in those recent chapters is just incredible. Youyan is clearly acting manipulative but in such a pure way, and transparent to those involved after the fact, that I can't even slightly fault her for that.

Came for movie star drama yuri, stayed for 4D chess social engineering yuri.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I'm in awe, the combination of scheming of honest romance and feelings in those recent chapters is just incredible. Youyan is clearly acting manipulative but in such a pure way, and transparent to those involved after the fact, that I can't even slightly fault her for that.

Came for movie star drama yuri, stayed for 4D chess social engineering yuri.

So true! I love this series and Presumptuous for how the authors tackle social media presence and how that impacts the daily lives of celebrities.

joined Feb 16, 2020

quite unrelated but if this got adapted its giving me hope that SITP will get adapted too T - T

AristocraticRose
joined Apr 3, 2016

So a lot of authors above said this is a good story, especially the novel, but no one spoiled why it’s such a good story. Anyone can explain?

To reply you must either login or sign up.