Forum › Posts by hoborobo

hoborobo
joined Nov 13, 2023

President Tao? She's Ningwei's girlfriend and Youyan's boss. She appears in chapter 2.

Ooohh thanks for the clarification!
I guess I'll rely on you a second time now, who's that new girl? I don't remember if she's even new, but she seems to mean business.

Thanks for the translation!

That’s Wang Junchan. She’s been mentioned before but this is the first time she’s making an appearance. She’s Ji Youyan’s former manager, a real bitch and the cause of many of her troubles in her previous life. This time around Ji Youyan dumped her early and signed with President Tao’s company.

hoborobo
joined Nov 13, 2023

So a lot of authors above said this is a good story, especially the novel, but no one spoiled why it’s such a good story. Anyone can explain?

For me, this story is one of the best of all time because:
1. I love the premise. It's not the usual "two people meet and fall in love" story.
2. The character development is one of the deepest and most well done I've ever read. The author really delves into the thoughts, motivations, and value systems of the characters and you can appreciate how they develop over time. It's not just one sided either, both main characters evolve.
3. There's a "peeling the onion" element to the storytelling that I find really satisfying. Past events are revealed slowly throught the story, and there's some really good plot twists.
4. The original Chinese version has a beautiful writing style and some very memorable, poetic lines

This story is a slow burn for sure. They don't even kiss until like 2/3 of the way into the story. But overall it is super entertaining, the romantic scenes are diabetes inducing, and the ending gives me the feels every time I re-read it.

last edited at Jan 5, 2024 2:26AM

hoborobo
joined Nov 13, 2023

I'd love to hear that! I wish i can understand the audio drama. Is the content of the audio drama same with the novel? or there are differences?

The song is here https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1zi4y1S7pU
The audio drama has superb voice acting and stays 100% true to the original story. It does skip some details, such as descriptions of feèlings & motives and some minor scenes, and the audio format has limitations for scenes with no dialogue.

last edited at Nov 22, 2023 11:17PM

hoborobo
joined Nov 13, 2023

The Chinese manhua is on chapter 84. Story progression is at ~40/142 chapters from the original 2019 web novel. At the current release pace, this should run for another 5-6 years. The scanlation groups may have dropped it because Bilibili started putting out chapters in English. If the translations don't progress, I'll personally translate it in a few years.

The web novel is one of the best stories I've ever read. Not just one of the best yuri stories, one of the best stories period. It's like 'The Count of Monte Cristo'-level good. Sadly, the English translations are not very far along (because translating novels takes forever and is a pain in the ass). But if you are thinking about machine translating it, don't do it. This is a story worth waiting for.

This series also spawned a very high quality audio drama that cannot be translated. In the last chapter of the novel, JYY writes a song for JX with lyrics so beautiful I cried. The audio drama used the lyrics to produce an original track, it's an absolute banger

If you're still in school and think you will be a lifelong yuri fan, go learn Chinese. It's a very hard language to pick up, but the next 50 years there's going to be so much more high quality content coming out of China. This series alone has a manhua putting out weekly full color chapters with insanely high art quality, a 36-episode audio drama, a hardcover book published, merch on Taobao, and an 50k fan community on Weibo that is putting out fan art constantly. There's already so much talent, investment, and fan support for yuri in a market 10x as big as Japan, and it's growing every year. Yes, the best content may get translated, but there's nothing comparable to consuming it in the original language because so much gets lost in translation.