Forum › My Mom's a Superstar discussion

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Caicai just got a devoted wife because her mom wrote a cool plot twist. Adorable.

Youzi's such a cute kid...

Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

If I was Youzi's mom, I'd be ugly crying right away.

Caicai just got a devoted wife because her mom wrote a cool plot twist. Adorable.

Youzi's such a cute kid...

It'd be nice to have a spinoff of when they started dating, and if possible, all the way to when they're old ladies.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

That show really was an emotional rollercoaster for Youzi, haha.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Realistically you are watching that and going "it's only halfway through the runtime, no way they are dead" ^^

joined Apr 10, 2021

Realistically you are watching that and going "it's only halfway through the runtime, no way they are dead" ^^

Oh, but the writing of death threats to the writers starts long before halfway point

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Youzi speaks for all of us!

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

I just noticed Youzi's hair is shaped like a tangerine

This manhua is so gay damnit!

last edited at Nov 20, 2023 8:44PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Jesus "Game Console" is the most precious thing I can't even aaaaaaaaaaa

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_moms_a_superstar_ch06#3

Wait a second, is that the flame emperor/ Edelgard in the upper corner of the last panel of chapter 6, page three?

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Y'know I was wondering if Youzi was maybe adopted?
She's naturally blonde but her mom has black hair and her dad in the flashbacks had dark hair as well.

Of course hair dye could be a thing and maybe standard genetics rules don't matter but I was just curious.

All the same, she's our adorkable babyyyyyy

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ren and her brother have pink hair, and the Chen family all have silver/white hair. I don’t think it’s going to be a thing but I could be wrong. I guess that goes back to the point about hair color being genetic. We’ll have to wait and see, blonde is a recessive gene though, so it’s still genetically possible.

Qbe6q6nw4kw
joined Oct 17, 2016

The death threats caught me off guard, i lmao'd hard (writing death threats to authors almost never is okay though realistically)

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

The death threats caught me off guard, i lmao'd hard (writing death threats to authors almost never is okay though realistically)

... Almost?

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

I don't get why anyone would play such a retro game these days.

That woman don't know what she's talking about. Tetris is peak gaming

joined Dec 13, 2020

Ren and her brother have pink hair, and the Chen family all have silver/white hair. I don’t think it’s going to be a thing but I could be wrong. I guess that goes back to the point about hair color being genetic. We’ll have to wait and see, blonde is a recessive gene though, so it’s still genetically possible.

Isn't this just a way to make them easier to recognize? Like the old anime trope of having characters with blue hair, pink hair, green hair, every color in the rainbow; it makes them more distinctive, unlike giving everyone black hair.

joined Jan 14, 2020

No, this is clearly an AU where Chinese genetics include white and pink hair.

:p

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Isn't this just a way to make them easier to recognize? Like the old anime trope of having characters with blue hair, pink hair, green hair, every color in the rainbow; it makes them more distinctive, unlike giving everyone black hair.

Sure, but the author has put in other hints and clues for later revelations that appear to be small things at first. I’m just not ruling it out, especially since it has seemed to follow a logical pattern so far.

last edited at Nov 22, 2023 1:29AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

... Almost?

Yeah I also take issue with this word!

Ichimatsu_kohina_11153
joined Jul 25, 2014

That's the explanation for characters having unusual/unrealistic hair colors in general. The issue here was Youzi having a different hair color from her parents when other characters in this serie have the same unusual hair color as their relatives.
Especially, since in Youzi's case, her hairstyles and the fact there aren't many other girls her age would make her easy enough to recognize.
Now, yeah, it could just be that the artist thought the design was cuter that with that color.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Blessed little peanut buying a replacement from her own coffers. Respect!

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

thank you translator group for the bonus chapter pointing all this out :') I feel like i can actually understand the plot now

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

I love how much efforts the creator put into the manhua. All the tiny details we saw in the earlier chapters are building to the final crescendo that's coming. It's so subtle and not in your face that it's rewarding when you find these little Easter Eggs

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

... Almost?

Yeah I also take issue with this word!

No, "almost" is fine. There's always exceptions. To take the ultimate example, there was this dude wrote a book called "Mein Kampf" that I'd have been fine with people sending death threats to.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Those first three pages really don't belong into a scanlation release ...

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I love how much efforts the creator put into the manhua. All the tiny details we saw in the earlier chapters are building to the final crescendo that's coming. It's so subtle and not in your face that it's rewarding when you find these little Easter Eggs.

Clearly, the translator group agrees with you.

Thank y'all for pointing out all the things we may have missed!

To reply you must either login or sign up.