Forum › Posts by Eileen

Eileen
April Fool discussion 23 Feb 20:33
Ren%e2%80%99py_logo_6-13-6_200x307px
joined Jan 21, 2023

The Bullying tag is amusing in many ways. Who's bullying who, exactly?

Eileen
joined Jan 21, 2023

"not serious enough" eh? Even he friend saw through your bullshit Xiaoen....
Could just be to protect herself. Maybe just to "act mature".
Or there might be some hidden meaning to it but... I sure didn't enjoy that.

A lot of you seem to have forgotten the last convo Xiaoen and Xingyuan had on the subject. Xiaoen said in very clear terms that she only wanted a summer fling!

The problem was that Xingyuan couldn't stay longer than a month or two; after that she would leave and be gone for good—she was going to go to college and stuff. Xiaoen said that it was fine bcs she was ok with a short romance and some fun sex that would last only a few weeks and then be over. (She even seemed proud of herself as if this way of thinking seemed really super adultlike and mature to her!) Xingyuan gave her an ambiguous answer iirc and Xiaoen said she would keep pushing to persuade Xingyuan to have a fun and meaningless summer fling.

And this is what Xiaoen meant when she said she was not serious about Xingyuan! Her "official" position is that she only wants a short affair and Xingyuan's not gonna make her call an u-haul.

last edited at Feb 19, 2024 10:02PM

joined Jan 21, 2023

Can't believe they are playing for the weakly weak volleyball team.

?? Why do you call them weak?

Eileen
joined Jan 21, 2023

Boys don't exist in the Virgin Empire universe. Babies just appear spontaneously when two girls love each other very much and call each other ''cute'' enough time ;)

The ones that exist are gay too

What about the crowd of boys Hibiki has been dating one after the other?

Oh waaait... maybe the reason they all broke up with Hibiki is because Hibiki made them all realize they are gay? lol

Eileen
joined Jan 21, 2023

pretty underwhelming for a mariri - mayuyu chapter

It's all in the subversion of the senpai/kohai dynamics. Mariri has realized since long ago that Mayuyu is a hopeless birdbrain and she plays her like a fiddle. Mayuyu fumes but she can't do anything about it - useless girl that she is, both as a senpai and a lesbian.

joined Jan 21, 2023

Sara's suicidal ideation is such a serious and raw theme running through the twitter version, damn. I wonder if it's something that started after that seed was planted in her, or if it's been going on for even longer...

I didn't translate the prequel doujinshi where Sara takes Sylpheed, but it's clear from there she was already suicidal after her abusive father disowned her and she became a nun. This doesn't seem to have changed at all in the new version, she's just better at hiding it. But if you match them side-by-side Sara's already showing greater suicidal tendencies early on in the serialized version. She seems to have issues with self-worth she masks under self-suggestion - constantly telling herself she's perfect as motivation. The little glimpse of her backstory before chapter 10 suggests that used to be real pride that might haunt her now.

Oh my golly, oh my gosh, oh mah gaaaawwwd!!! Sara-chan nooooooo...!
I can't believe I read all the serialized chapters translated so far and never noticed that Sara was carrying that kind of heavy personal/emotional baggage!

Then again she was rejected like trash and disowned by her own family, and then iirc she was banished by the priests and nuns who were supposed to be her new family and sent to a second-rate monastery! Of course she would have self-esteem issues!

The author has been very sneaky so far, hiding the clues and hints behind a smokescreen of cutesy lovesy moments of yuri development... I wonder when they're planning to smack us with the horrible revelation?

Eileen
joined Jan 21, 2023

So Xingyuan is gay, 100% lesbian, but Xiaoen is bi and only had had crushes on boys till now?
Huh. I wasn't expecting that.
For me it's more surprising than the reveal of Yunduo's feelings.

joined Jan 21, 2023

^ No clue, but most manga on the reader are "for girls" in Japan.
Anyone knows if people in this forum were ever polled on gender, identity, etc.?

Eileen
joined Jan 21, 2023

Nanatsu Fuji keeps delivering the GOOD SHIT as usual! Thank you, mighty goddess of incorrectness!

joined Jan 21, 2023

I've reread these chapters so many times piercing the puzzle bits together. For some reason it really resonates with me and I really enjoy seeing how new bits fit into the larger picture. When you reread it with later context, so many things jump out.

I like that in chapter 19 Ren Wei tells Youzi everything we just saw of the scene in the KTV, how she met Youji at the KTV and Youji rescued her from Han Jing's evil clutches... except that while Ren Wei speaks we see the narration, in Youzi's imagination, played by Chinese puppets.

Now we got to see the real scene with the real characters and how it really played out!

joined Jan 21, 2023

"A couple of two butches?? Rejected!!!!"

Eileen
joined Jan 21, 2023

Nao, Onibi, Mask, Kaoru, Hibiki and Midori

I like the way you listed them, hehehe, I see what you did there. (⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )

Nao x Onibi x Mask x Kaoru x Hibiki x Midori

Kaoru x Hibiki??????? wtf have you been smoking?

As far as I can remember, Kaoru was all about Shizuka for a long time and then her interest switched to Mayoi. I don't know at which time she could have gone after Hibiki. Rereading the series from the beginning would be needed to perhaps find something but it's a lot of work.

joined Jan 21, 2023

The mc finally had her gay lightbulb moment and it only took her 14 chapters! Not bad, not bad at all.

joined Jan 21, 2023

"I love you but I hope you don't love me back... because it would mess up your HOBBIES!"

Wut.

Eileen
joined Jan 21, 2023

Do you argue just as strongly against other fictional representations of morally reprehensible acts?

Yes he does. In fact he recently got a month-long ban for doing just that.

It doesn't look like he has learned his lesson.

joined Jan 21, 2023

She can give her a hickey but she can't give her a little kiss?
Her scale of tereru is all messed up.

joined Jan 21, 2023

My first reaction after reading the first four chapters was:

"What the fuck is wrong with this Demon Castle?!? It's full of evil nasties who do nothing but try to hurt you!!"

And then I thought: "Oh... right. D'oh."

joined Jan 21, 2023

Yoroizuka-san is legit like "I just keep trying to kiss this girl and she WON'T LET ME."

Haha I agree. xD

joined Jan 21, 2023

Once it got serialized it became more mainstream and harmless. Like the author didn't know how to stretch that concept in the long run, without getting dangerously in the wrong direction.

I think you're right and that's where the problem is.

The result was Mai acting more tame.

To put it lightly. She was one of those girls you so often find in manga who despite being under the age of puberty have already learned about love, sex and seduction, and will even pursue an adult. Someone wrote that the changes are because she developed as the story advanced, but that's not true: she counterdeveloped, she backtracked and she unlearned everything she knew.

It was still an enjoyable read though.

I agree. Weak ending aside, I liked this manga lots.

joined Jan 21, 2023

It's extremely mean, and unfair

Risa is a fictional character. She'll be okay.

This comment is dumb. Really. Dumber than dirt in a box of rocks.

joined Jan 21, 2023

Hurray for lesbian bars, I guess?

In lesbian bars, they know all about pussy.

Go to a lesbian bar, and the cat is out of the bag. Reasonable.

Except not really.

Lot of straight girls go to lesbian bars on a dare, or to find a place where obnoxious guys don't hit on them all the time, so they can drink in relative peace.

« Damn obnoxious guys! They hit on me all the time! I'm so done with guys!! I'm going to a place where obnoxious women will hit on me all the time! Women are much better! Oh but I'm not a lesbian mkay? »

joined Jan 21, 2023

Re-reading this chapter, I love the composition of page 11. Fuuko takes the stance of the one protecting Yuni from the baaad Nanase, all the while asserting and showing how touchy feely she can get with her and how Yuni doesn't reject her at all!

All the body language, eyes and faces are masterful. Nanase's face on page 22-23 is a poster for the face of a character when they realize they've been NTR'd and their whole world crumbles.

Iwami Kiyoko's work is awe inspiring.

I don't understand how anyone can dislike this masterpiece.

I agree so much and have nothing more to add: you said everything.

Eileen
joined Jan 21, 2023

Waitamoment what happened with all her winnings?
She won so many times at the slot machine she had two big boxes filled with tokens or whatever. I'm not sure how this business works in Japan but surely the token thingies can be exchanged for money or prizes - right?

Eileen
joined Jan 21, 2023

Just the other day, the latest chapter of Onee-san wa Joshi Shougakusei ni Kyoumi ga Arimasu was translated. The plotline was that Coco and some other lolis decided to start a private cabaclub business where they would be the hostesses and take money from lolicons like Minori. It worked wonderfully at first (Minori even commented that these amazing lolis had discovered a previously untapped market with unmeasurable potential for profits!) but eventually Yuu forced them to close shop. Yuu claimed that this sort of story was too sordid and immoral even for a sleazefest like OJSKA and no manga would ever fall that low!

Well, it's been only a few days... and look what the cat dragged in.

Eileen
joined Jan 21, 2023

I really like this story. It's very nice to see older women as protagonists, and not just cause it's Yuri.

It's a first for me. I've seen couples of older women in yuri but not as mcs of the story. Usually they are there to serve as inspiration or give wise advice to the younger girls who are the leads.