Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

So they'll end it with like three chapters of them as a couple. Sorry, but this mangas pacing is not good. It was too slow before, but now it's way too fast.

They've been acting like a married couple for ages, though. Like sure, Kurumi didn't acknowledge it properly, but that didn't change that she acted progressively more wifely. It's not like they're only just now getting together just before the end. ┐⁠(⁠´⁠ー⁠`⁠)⁠┌

Like, don't get me wrong, I'd love a bit more! But I don't it's necessary.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

So they'll end it with like three chapters of them as a couple. Sorry, but this mangas pacing is not good. It was too slow before, but now it's way too fast.

They've been acting like a married couple for ages, though. Like sure, Kurumi didn't acknowledge it properly, but that didn't change that she acted progressively more wifely. It's not like they're only just now getting together just before the end. ┐⁠(⁠´⁠ー⁠`⁠)⁠┌

Like, don't get me wrong, I'd love a bit more! But I don't it's necessary.

Yeah they've been trying out marriage with their female friend. This has been more about how they navigate the smaller things. The only thing they didn't do is get very physical but that's not necessary for a relationship.

last edited at Oct 12, 2023 8:21AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Such a lovely chapter. I'm a huge fan of the way Usui Shio does fluff; it hits just perfectly for me.

While I really would have wanted this to keep going for at least 300 chapters, at the same time, I feel that ending with a "proper" wedding ceremony for the two is as perfect as could be. I feel that it's going to be fantastic and incredibly satisfying, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

...The only thing they didn't do is get very physical...

I don't know, dude, that butt smack was very physical.

last edited at Oct 12, 2023 9:28AM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Such a lovely chapter. I'm a huge fan of the way Usui Shio does fluff; it hits just perfectly for me.

While I really would have wanted this to keep going for at least 300 chapters, at the same time, I feel that ending with a "proper" wedding ceremony for the two is as perfect as could be. I feel that it's going to be fantastic and incredibly satisfying, and I'm very much looking forward to it.

...The only thing they didn't do is get very physical...

I don't know, dude, that butt smack was very physical.

You're right. I stand corrected!

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I do get how someone less familiar with that particular author could find it all a bit dry for a romance, you're definitely not seeing a lot of kissing/lovey dovey fluff. I went in knowing exactly what I would be getting and Usui-sensei delievered it as good as she ever has IMO.

last edited at Oct 12, 2023 12:51PM

joined Jan 27, 2022

This has been my favorite manga on the site, since I started lurking here around the start of volume 2. As I continue to process that it is wrapping up, I find I am not so much sad at it ending, as I am thankful it'll get a satisfying conclusion to a decently-long runtime. ^_^

joined Oct 27, 2018

It's not a matter of lovey dovey stuff. Why do y'all always assume that people who criticize manga like this just want to see them screw? The manga was slow throughout the majority of it's run, not because they weren't making out, but because nothing happened in the majority of chapters, romantic or otherwise. It's boring, and anything that could change the status quo was rushed through in the last few chapters.
Edit: Maybe slice of life type stuff just isn't for me.

last edited at Oct 13, 2023 2:14AM

joined Jul 2, 2021

Ahhhh that's really sweet, also next chapter is the last.... I guess like they said, all good things must come to an end.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

my heart is going to explode they are so god damn cute

03fca6214046e15b1cbd7ed7cd767b1a
joined May 26, 2020

The end is nigh!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-09-18/shio-usui-i-married-my-female-friend-manga-ends-on-october-18/.202471

Dang... I've been keeping up with this since 2020 pandemic and now it's ending in just another chapter :(((
I'm glad they're getting an ending though! it's been a nice ride for a while. Now I'm just hoping for possible short sequel of them, maybe even with adoptive kids this time?

(On the side note, I can't believe it's been 3 years! gosh I'm getting old)

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Marriage 2.0 let's go! Also yeah I knew what I was getting into with this author, I love slice of life, and I really enjoyed this series personally.

I feel this in my bones haha

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Shut the front door!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Warm. ^_^

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

A happy life is having someone special in your life to enjoy freshly made bread with ^_^

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

This is the life...

joined May 24, 2021

It's not fast at all, once they get togheter (for real) it end. We've seen it plenty of times.
The point of this manga was the "fake" marriage, once resolved there're no reasons to continue.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Really cute ending. I hope the volume release will have an extra that throws a bone to Rio X the other girl at the bakery.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Very nice Meta touch that Kurumi wrote a book about their marriage as friends~ such a cute ending <3

joined Sep 10, 2022

This was great. Going to miss it.

It's not fast at all, once they get together (for real) it ends...The point of this manga was the "fake" marriage, once resolved there're no reason to continue.

Yes.

last edited at Nov 9, 2023 5:43AM

Pfp%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2022

Aaaaa this is so wholesome and cute!! I was hoping for one final kiss at the end of the wedding vows, but oh well

I'm gonna miss this series lots, it was really one of my comfort yuri :(
I hope we get some extras with Rio and the bakery girl!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Wedding vows that's a list of rules, genius idea (:

joined Oct 2, 2021

Lucky number 7, when doing lovey dovey - because we're both bottoms-we promise to take turns topping each other〜⁠(⁠꒪⁠꒳⁠꒪⁠)⁠〜

last edited at Nov 9, 2023 6:59AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

A very cute ending for a very cute series.

joined Jun 11, 2021

I hope Usio will do an epilogue chapter for one of the girls to get pregnant(IVF/IPS) on starting to raise a healthy loving family.

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

I can't believe it's been 3 years following their story. Gosh, I'm crying (;﹏;)

To reply you must either login or sign up.