Forum › The star by my side discussion

joined Aug 13, 2021

Husky voiced athletic short-haired women hmu

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Last night I was reading random manga on this site to relax after a long drive, and refound this artist's work and just powered through all of it. It was all so good.

And then this morning, we get a new one by them! How lucky am I?

Thank you for translating!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Not bad :) We had an especially close Buck moon last night- wonder if thats why this was posted?

A few points tho- A) no dark site like the park thats used/famous for stargazing is gonna have a massive floodlit carpark- it would defeat the point and ruin the viewing for miles around.

B) the artist needs to practice their hands.

last edited at Jul 4, 2023 9:27AM

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I live for this kind of story. I especially liked the ending. It basically managed to not break the pacing of a oneshot while still having them in some way confess to each other and not be an open ended thing.

Fzvftbrxoaepy3r%20copy
joined Feb 20, 2022

Very cute!

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Weird that Subaru assumed that Iyo would stop talking to her if she found out she was girl. I would say she would be more assured and happy to have another female friend to share her hobby.
Putting that aside, it was a good read. No stupid drama, toxic boyfriend, member family forcing her to get marry or "but we are two girls, girls can't love each other".

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

The keychain makes it look like Subaru has a fluffy tail. Phenomenal! Revolutionary!
The art was cute and the story was to the point. Very enjoyable and digestable.

The only question is whether the neighbour to the left is also listening to them and will eventually reveal herself to tell them she loves "stargazing" as well.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

MAKE THIS A FULL SERIES

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

We get stargazing and the beginnings of a fluffy couple. This would go well with some tea and biscuits.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

OL x University Tomboy is a good combo

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

That was far too cute to be a one-shot. I need more of them!

joined Apr 16, 2022

What an utterly delightful oneshot. Kumo Suzume did a great job of giving both Iyo and Subaru strong personalities in a limited number of pages, as well as demonstrating how both of them view stargazing -- and, eventually, each other -- as a haven from the stresses and isolation of everyday life.

Weird that Subaru assumed that Iyo would stop talking to her if she found out she was girl. I would say she would be more assured and happy to have another female friend to share her hobby.

I think there were a couple reasons for this. First, Subaru correctly guessed that Iyo thought she was a man and was likely worried that Iyo would feel lied to or deceived upon learning the truth (I wouldn't be surprised if this happened to her before). Second, Subaru was flirting with Iyo nonstop from the very beginning, and might've thought Iyo would feel disgusted if she learned it was a girl flirting with her. That's why when Iyo reacted well, Subaru was able to work up the courage to ask her out on a date.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Putting that aside, it was a good read. No stupid drama, toxic boyfriend, member family forcing her to get marry or "but we are two girls, girls can't love each other".

Everything was so simple, huh? I guess this is how a story without conflicts is like.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The moon is super beautiful tonight.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

The keychain makes it look like Subaru has a fluffy tail. Phenomenal! Revolutionary!

I got big Merrin from Fire Emblem Engage vibes tbh

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

It's not a big thing but I'm really happy to see a woman who has a deep/masculine sounding voice treated so normally in a story like this

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

See you all in 2052.

joined Aug 21, 2017

This is so sweet! Big fan.

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Oh gosh. Oh boy. So cute. Big love.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

What an utterly delightful oneshot. Kumo Suzume did a great job of giving both Iyo and Subaru strong personalities in a limited number of pages, as well as demonstrating how both of them view stargazing -- and, eventually, each other -- as a haven from the stresses and isolation of everyday life.

I think there were a couple reasons for this. First, Subaru correctly guessed that Iyo thought she was a man and was likely worried that Iyo would feel lied to or deceived upon learning the truth (I wouldn't be surprised if this happened to her before). Second, Subaru was flirting with Iyo nonstop from the very beginning, and might've thought Iyo would feel disgusted if she learned it was a girl flirting with her. That's why when Iyo reacted well, Subaru was able to work up the courage to ask her out on a date.

Yeah, I didn't see it like that.

joined May 3, 2014

Not bad :) We had an especially close Buck moon last night- wonder if thats why this was posted?

A few points tho- A) no dark site like the park thats used/famous for stargazing is gonna have a massive floodlit carpark- it would defeat the point and ruin the viewing for miles around.

B) the artist needs to practice their hands.

i think the author is more that adequvate at drawing human hands :3

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I loved it! The story was very cute and packed with a lot of pleasantly intimate feelings. <3

Screenshot_20230620_200924_chrome
joined Mar 31, 2021

Yet another adorable one shot that ends without a kiss

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

awww this was cute, also yaaay more butch representation!

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

See you all in 2052.

Gotta get the camera out and capture all those cute lesbian university students being smooth as butter with their mature older office lady lovers.

To reply you must either login or sign up.