Forum › Sorry but I'm Not Into Yuri discussion

2cf46f4b-7fe0-40b6-8205-d03934ba2a1f
joined Sep 21, 2020

Chapter 26 was great, really emphasizes what the President was getting at, Toudou is like a Cog that just sets things in motion that ultimately turns those around her into better people, a kind act with selfish intentions leads to the softening of a Yakuza girl’s heart as she slowly develops a friendship with a girl she saved, while also having the effect of her peers viewing her differently, only Toudou can pull something like that off.

last edited at Jun 23, 2023 9:28AM

joined Feb 20, 2023

New ship just dropped, Let's Go!

joined Oct 19, 2022

I loved the credits pages; they made me laugh real good. :)
Kurohime as a chuuni who pretends to be Riddick and plays at slamming necros? Priceless!

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I don't even need any yuri at this point. Toudou is so hilarious I just like watching her go

last edited at Jun 23, 2023 2:35PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

THe chapter seemed a LIITLE bit out of order...

OnitsukaTiger
joined Nov 22, 2021

HOLY SHIT

The Rin chapter is the gayest thing that’s been on here in ages

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I think the major thing about Toudou being less of an ass is that she's more honest. Also having lesbian sex awoke her to being a Sub with a capital S so she's more pliable or something idk

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

I've never reacted to a manga physically as much as I have reading this one all the way through. It's incredibly hilarious and volume four had me SCREAMING it was so funny and flabbergasting. Bless this manga oml

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

So far,
Toudou with the younger tsundere
Prez with yakuza girl
Sporty tomboy with R
Kamisada with Hachou, yakuza girl's big sis(?).

It seems like Toudou isn't getting every one in her harem. The pairings are perfect so far.

I don't think it's as simple as all that. For one, chapter 17 (here: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sorry_but_im_not_into_yuri_ch17#32 ) Pres says to Toudou "Under no circumstances will I hand you over to anyone else. Ever." Based on that and the Rin chapters I think poly is more likely than Toudou not ending up with Pres.

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

godly manga. mochi's matured so much as an author

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

godly manga. mochi's matured so much as an author

Mochi has always been a talented writer in my opinion. There is a yuri work on Dynasty that is written by Mochi, but drawn by another artist and I suspect many people would not even have been able to tell it was a Mochi story. The writing was just so good and, well, "normal" for a lack of a better term. Mochi's stories are deliberately more out there and weird, but they can absolutely go into deep or classic romance territory too.

I think what is much more impressive and noticable is how much Mochi matured as an artist. Again, to cite my own comment on that other work, "Professional art with Mochi's writing is the ultimate combination that elevates the work to its full potential." It used to be like that anyway. But now I can confidently say that Mochi's unique and personalized style is not an inhibition anymore. This manga looks good, especially in the later volumes. Volume 4 is a good example of Mochi trying out new things. It is no coincidence that there was such an action focus all of a sudden. The artwork showed off what Mochi can do now and to me it seemed like an artistic flex. Spreading of the wings.

The sense of making standout, yet simple character designs was always there. You will not confuse any character in this manga for another. This is one of the most important principles in manga and anime as an artform I believe. Too often artists draw the same exact character over and over and just change the hairstyle or outfit.
(Of course the lack of realism does lend itself to more bizarre designs and I understand that works trying to emulate real human looks are naturally handicapped in that regard)

Just looking at facial expressions, posing and outfit choice, Mochi's art is perfectly capable of drawing the eye and giving nuance that the older works definitely lacked.

last edited at Jun 26, 2023 4:56AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The translations were hilarious. It's always funny seeing little school gals talking about "throwing hands."

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Awww shes finally made a friend, bro that shits beautiful, brought a tear to mi eye it did.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

It's maybe a bit late to notice, but this is (probably unintentionally) a Negima clone. Fun.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

So far,
Toudou with the younger tsundere
Prez with yakuza girl
Sporty tomboy with R
Kamisada with Hachou, yakuza girl's big sis(?).

It seems like Toudou isn't getting every one in her harem. The pairings are perfect so far.

I'd say.

One thing, though: Kamisada has a best friend who is in love with her. It's a girl with round glasses who is a member of Kamisada's street gang and a pretty strong fighter. Name's Iwagaki, I think. Remember her? She wanted to beat up Toudou at one time (because she was jealous that Kamisada liked Toudou better than her) and Toudou told her she loved her to get out of the pickle, and from then on she's been persuaded that Toudou is crazy for her. If Kamisada ends up with someone it will be with her, not with Hachou (who is barely more than background dressing).

I used to be a fan of Prez x Toudou, but not anymore. I stopped liking Prez when she used Toudou to bet against Banryuu, knowing well that it could end with Toudou being tortured in a yakuza dungeon. She doesn't have feelings for Toudou; she's just possessive and looks at Toudou like property. FUCK HER.

After chapters 14 and 25, Rin is best girl and sure endgame for Toudou. Did you notice that she's the only one in Toudou's "harem" who never ever drank a drop of love potion? (Well, she and Ruruka, but it's obvious that Ruruka just feels lust, not love.) Rin's love is the true thing. It sincerely comes from her heart, it's not some magically induced obsession. And it should be clear as day now that Toudou is also falling for her. Really falling for her, not hoping to use her in some harebrained scheme to gain power and popularity. All chapter 25 is like Mochi on a soapbox yelling at us that these two have found mutual love.

(Oh, I'm not counting Yanagi because she isn't part of the circle of girls who claim to love Toudou. From what we've seen, she just thinks of Toudou as a piece of ass, and Toudou just likes sex with her because she's so cool and gorgeous. No feelings to be detected between them.)

All in all, I think you got everything right except for the Kamisada pairing... but, then again, with the data we have, I have to admit that it's not 100% certain for now.

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Nene, first let me say congrats on a great post! I had to go back and read again a few chapters to verify some of the parts you quoted, and you were right on everything. Most important, about Rin:

After chapters 14 and 25, Rin is best girl and sure endgame for Toudou. Did you notice that she's the only one in Toudou's "harem" who never ever drank a drop of love potion? (Well, she and Ruruka, but it's obvious that Ruruka just feels lust, not love.) Rin's love is the true thing. It sincerely comes from her heart, it's not some magically induced obsession. And it should be clear as day now that Toudou is also falling for her. Really falling for her, not hoping to use her in some harebrained scheme to gain power and popularity. All chapter 25 is like Mochi on a soapbox yelling at us that these two have found mutual love.

This is a perfect summary. The three girls who have an interest in the mc and didn't drink the potion are Rin, Ruruka and Yanagi; and Ruruka and Yanagi just want sex and don't care about loving her. Chapter 25 made everything clear on the feelings between her and Rin.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Chapter 25 made everything clear on the feelings between her and Rin.

When Toudou said that, had she known that Rin wanted so much to have her as teammate for a game, she would have trained her ass off and worked as hard as needed to grant Rin's wish, I melted to a pink puddle. I am now typing this message with gooey fingers to say that, yes, Toudou x Rin (or Rin x Toudou, I'm open to debate) is now cast in iron. Peace.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Well maybe I am not as easy to convince as some people here, but I can definitely say that I have some disagreements with Nene's post. There seems to be some selective reading going on there, perhaps due to personal biases?

I used to be a fan of Prez x Toudou, but not anymore. I stopped liking Prez when she used Toudou to bet against Banryuu, knowing well that it could end with Toudou being tortured in a yakuza dungeon. She doesn't have feelings for Toudou; she's just possessive and looks at Toudou like property. FUCK HER.

Evidence 1! Just kidding, I won't be playing armchair psychologist here. But on the point of selective reading, this is definitely the strongest case. Two major pieces are relevant here:
1. Yomotsuka made quite clear that she wouldn't actually let any harm befall Toudou. She has a possessive streak and has made clear she won't back down on what is hers. The torture thing was a good motivator and Yomotsuka knew that, but there is no indication she would have let it happen.
2. Perhaps due to your dislike of the scenario you overlooked the authorial intent of this whole development, which is that Yomotsuka had perfect confidence that Toudou would succeed. That is the main conceit of that arc in fact. Yomotsuka sees Toudou's strengths more than anyone else and is using them on purpose. She knew that Toudou is like a cockroach that will do its utmost to survive even nuclear fallout and that she has gathered quite the circle of abnormally talented friends around herself. And lastly she has no hesitation to speak her mind, which helped break Sachie's defenses.

While I could agree that Yomotsuka's feelings are not portrayed as strongly romantic, her affection and appreciation of Toudou are second only to Rin as of right now. You seem to be selling her short.
And to flip this around...

All chapter 25 is like Mochi on a soapbox yelling at us that these two have found mutual love.

..if this is Mochi yelling that Rin is endgame, then I would say the fact that Toudou had a crush on Yomotsuka for the entire manga and has basically mentioned her almost every single chapter in 5 volumes is Mochi yelling on a soap box that Toudou has the hots for prez. Meanwhile she has only felt any interest in Rin after Rin made clear that she likes her first, which plays nicely into her attention fetish.

I do not want to discount Rin at all, I think their interactions are amazing. But as far as Toudou goes, she has shown a much stronger sway to Yomotsuka for a far longer time and if we go by authorial intent, she was definitely set up as the main love interest until the latest chapters. So we can either see this as a swerve or (and this is far more likely in my opinion) Mochi sticks to the obvious path of not doing a mono pairing. There is no strong indication that there is supposed to be an endgame pairing.

One thing, though: Kamisada has a best friend who is in love with her.

And this of course does not mean Kamisada has to respond to those feelings, should they ever come out. It's not impossible of course, but you seem to be ignoring that Kamisada had an interest and implied feelings for Toudou since before she took the love potion. So if you wish to give Rin a place on the pedestal, make some room for the tough girl, eh?

(Oh, I'm not counting Yanagi because she isn't part of the circle of girls who claim to love Toudou. From what we've seen, she just thinks of Toudou as a piece of ass, and Toudou just likes sex with her because she's so cool and gorgeous. No feelings to be detected between them.)

There is plenty of room for her to get more chapters and to be more involved. I am intrigued by her hinted backstory and why exactly she has to avoid school. This seems to be the next major conflict in the works. The question is whether that will lead to her falling for Toudou or bring up a crazy ex-girlfriend. Both seem equally likely and entertaining.

but, then again, with the data we have, I have to admit that it's not 100% certain for now.

I'd say.

last edited at Jun 29, 2023 6:04PM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Of course it's not 100% certain I'm pretty sure this thing is gonna run for like 200 chapters

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I'm pretty sure this thing is gonna run for like 200 chapters

I pray that you're right. In fact, let's all pray!

joined Dec 13, 2020

Well maybe I am not as easy to convince as some people here, but I can definitely say that I have some disagreements with Nene's post. There seems to be some selective reading going on there, perhaps due to personal biases?

A little Forum Discussion 101 for you: ease up on the personal attacks. Constantly accusing another commenter of biases and hidden motives, as you do time and again, contributes nothing to the debate.

And when you reply to someone's post, try to actually address their arguments. In your message, you completely ignore the points you don't like. For example, that Yomotsuka is just another love potion victim and whatever she feels isn't real, unlike Rin whose love is the real thing.

"Attack motives of opposition, don’t address their arguments" is a terrible rhetorical combo.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Constantly accusing another commenter of biases and hidden motives, as you do time and again, contributes nothing to the debate.

Ah, poisoning the well. A true classic.
Aside from you projecting some habit on me, you didn't seem to get the joke. Then again, my career as a comedian was always doomed to fail haha

And when you reply to someone's post, try to actually address their arguments. In your message, you completely ignore the points you don't like. For example, that Yomotsuka is just another love potion victim and whatever she feels isn't real, unlike Rin whose love is the real thing.

It's interesting that your post would quote the exact part that renders this accusation meaningless. As I said, and you quoted, I only had an issue with some of Nene's points and that's why I only addressed those points. I do not quite understand why you wanted me to talk about points I agree with?

But to indulge you on this, let's take your one and only example of me allegedly ignoring "something I don't like" (which is weirdly contradictory as the only points I wanted to address were those I don't like?). I excplicitly went in depth on the situation surrounding Yomotsuka, because Nene has a self-expressed bias against her right now. I explained both why their interpretation of her actions in Volume 4 may have been skewed and also agreed that Yomotauka's love is not portrayed as strongly romantic.

But unlike you, Nene has not actually claimed that the love potion victims cannot have real love for Toudou, just that Rin is the "only one" who never drank it, to put her on a narrative pedestal. I already debunked the idea that there are no cast members who didn't love Toudou without the love potion by pointing out Kamisada's case.

So to oppose your completely new point, this is simply not supported by the material. The love the victims feel during the love potion drugged state is not real, but anything that happens outside of that is. Kamisada, Kuroshiro and the like are all crushing on Toudou right now and there is zero indication that those feelings are fake or caused by the love potion's "lingering effects". We know this is not the case because Toudou drank the potion herself and was drugged to love Ruruka, but clearly has no such lingering feelings left for her. Meanwhile Tsubasa entirely stopped having feelings for Toudou after her potion wore off, because she has zero incentive to have real feelings for Toudou.
Ergo, anything happening beyond the drugged state is real. Which is obvious as Kamisada has feelings for her before the potion and Kuroshiro likes her because she shows interest in her hobbies and treats her as a friend, which she has never experienced before.

As for Yomotsuka, I pointed out before she seems to be the player type. She seems quite serious about wanting to make Toudou hers and she appreciates the true Toudou on a level nobody but Rin has until now. Whether you consider this romantic enough is up to you, but that's why I went out of my way to flip the script from who is totally in love with Toudou to what is equally important... who Toudou is in love with. Toudou has a crush on Yomotsuka that is supported by the entire manga and she has a strong focus on her. It is even implied that she has been paying attention to her since before the manga started. I may go out on a limb here, but I think there is a reason why she chose her to be the love potion test subject beyond "revenge". In the very first chapter she already questions whether she truly ever disliked her.
So as you can see, if you want to claim narrative superiority to one character for their love being real, then you need to also understand that there is an equally strong narrative point being made in the opposite direction. This is why I explained that Toudou only showed an interest in Rin after being confessed to, while Toudou has always had feelings for Yomotsuka, but told Rin she doesn't know whether she realy loves her back.

"Attack motives of opposition, don’t address their arguments" is a terrible rhetorical combo.

Ironic, considering your post has addressed exactly zero of my arguments and only focused on attacking me, while actively ignoring the parts that would make this reply pointless. I won't project a motive on you, but I hope this was a benign misunderstanding.

last edited at Jul 1, 2023 2:35AM

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

Hikui reminds me of Harpo Marx. I wonder if the many scenes of Hikui dealing with the bullies were inspired by Harpo's style of humor?
I wouldn't have been surprised if she had started blowing a horn.

I stopped liking Prez when she used Toudou to bet against Banryuu, knowing well that it could end with Toudou being tortured in a yakuza dungeon. She doesn't have feelings for Toudou; she's just possessive and looks at Toudou like property. FUCK HER.

The more I think about this, the more it seems you're right.

Imagine this irl. You start going out with some girl and you think it's going well. One day she takes you to a gambling den run by a Mexican cartel and she makes a bet with the gangsters: they will play a game, and if she wins she'll get a lot of drug for free. But if she loses, she forfeits her girlfriend: you. The gangsters will take you to Ciudad Juárez and you'll be a crack whore for the rest of your life. The gangsters agree. You try to run away but they stop you, and that girl tells you: "Don't fret, pet, there's no way I'm gonna lose! And hey, even if I lose, you'll be safe: I won't let them hurt you! So don't throw a fit and stay put while I gamble."

It's like a story from a horror movie. The bitch's boasting has zero credibility—if she cared about you she wouldn't have started this in the first place. In the case of Yomotsuka, it's even more true: when the yakuza girl started hitting Toudou and gave her a thorough beating, she just stood there and stared; and after it was over she went to Toudou, who was lying on the ground, and told her to stand up and try again to do something entertaining. Completely indifferent to Toudou's pain. Compare to Rin, who, when she saw R hurt Toudou, immediately decided to avenge her. Actually, never mind avenging anything: Yomotsuka couldn't even be bothered to compete. She really is trash.

Constantly accusing another commenter of biases and hidden motives, as you do time and again, contributes nothing to the debate.

Ah, poisoning the well. (snip)

tl;dr
Somebody cares to condense it?

last edited at Jul 3, 2023 3:14PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Oh Yuzu, the scummiest reason to join a band, is so you can nail as many hot, band groupy chics as you want.

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

I really like the character growth this series offers, especially considering I wasn't expecting any to begin with

To reply you must either login or sign up.