Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Apr 10, 2021

Our major drama rears its head once again

If I had to guess the way this'll go, Aya will eventually confess and it'll keep Mitsuki there. I hope. Please confess lol

I dunno, I’m not too fond of “since you confessed and we’re together now I’ll stay”. If an opportunity comes a knocking you should take it. I thought maybe from the original images mitsuki might go to LA then come back and run into aya again but probably not

Someone confessing to you is an opportunity you might want to take.

also you just get killed in america

joined Jul 8, 2019

I'm gonna convey what this last panel of chapter 19 feels to me like by using music, even if that's ultra cliched.

El Reno Renardo, "Camino Moria" (2007): Y vamos toda la peña cantando Manowar ("And all the gang, we march singing aloud Manowar songs")
Manowar, "Battle Hymn" (1982): The time to strike is NOW!

Aya, leave that silly child-like grunge stuff behind and embrace Power Metal. Be a woman. Greatnes waits for those who try. No-one can teach you, it's all inside. Those who never try, they're sure to fail. Be your own disciple. With nothing to repent. Grab that idiot coupletag and smash it harder than Scott Columbus legendary drums.

last edited at Jun 18, 2023 4:47PM

4b70c0a3-5927-441e-942b-53e31052f7f7
joined Mar 3, 2023

But that LA smog…

joined Feb 1, 2021

"I live in LA you see. I came to lure Mitsuki there."

So she's saying she wants Mitsuki to... join her in LA?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7e5sBegzRc

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

There is no non-yuri explanation to Aya's reactions there.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

But that LA smog…

... makes beautiful sunsets.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I for one would have no interest in moving to Los Angeles. I often feel like the Japanese have an inferiority complex about the US--like the way so often when someone has an apparently incurable disease in a manga, and then when the risky treatment comes up, it's from America--either they have to go there to get the treatment (and it never mentions the previously well off family now being on the run from Yakuza loansharks) or some brilliant young surgeon learned about it in America and has come back with it. Really I don't think Japanese medical technology is behind North American medical technology, but it's never just some hotshot from the University of Tokyo, the American mystique demands it.

Of course, if your thing is rock music, I guess the US is genuinely the place. Not to, like, make it big because nobody does any more, but at least to experience ambience, go to cool clubs or what. LA might be a good place for that, I guess? I don't know what cities are happening these days. Austin?

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Aya, you fool. Just move with her. You can get married in California, you know? It's the state least likely to strike same sex marriage from the Book. Unlike Japan having ONE district that gives civil union licenses smh

joined Feb 17, 2018

Noo Mitsuki don't go to L.A. That's urban design hell

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

... I often feel like the Japanese have an inferiority complex about the US--[...]

Author is probably an American living and working in Japan. They could be Japanese but don't seem to have grown up in Japan. Their other series on here even has a foreigner main character so this isn't surprising here.

Besides, it's not surprising that Kanna would be living in LA or U.S. since most Japanese abroad are residing in this city or country respectively.

But I wouldn't want to be going to LA either, yikes.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

... I often feel like the Japanese have an inferiority complex about the US--[...]

Author is probably an American living and working in Japan. They could be Japanese but don't seem to have grown up in Japan. Their other series on here even has a foreigner main character so this isn't surprising here.

Besides, it's not surprising that Kanna would be living in LA or U.S. since most Japanese abroad are residing in this city or country respectively.

But I wouldn't want to be going to LA either, yikes.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the author has lived in the U.S., at least at some point in their life.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Going anywhere in the US at all is a bad idea,but more so Commiefornia.

They're one gender reveal party short of setting themselves on a fire that'll burn away all the laws that support the worst things imaginable.

But at least the music is saved online so these two can continue to share the good music safely in the not that much better off Japan.

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

joined Jun 11, 2023

I'm so happy that you uploaded this !!!! they're so cute :3333

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

also you just get killed in america

Think of all the things that we learned
for the people who are
still alive

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Going anywhere in the US at all is a bad idea,but more so Commiefornia.

They're one gender reveal party short of setting themselves on a fire that'll burn away all the laws that support the worst things imaginable.

oh god. the dark times of 2020....

last edited at Jun 19, 2023 7:52PM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

thnx for pointing this out....I hate it....

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

I for one would have no interest in moving to Los Angeles. I often feel like the Japanese have an inferiority complex about the US--like the way so often when someone has an apparently incurable disease in a manga, and then when the risky treatment comes up, it's from America--either they have to go there to get the treatment (and it never mentions the previously well off family now being on the run from Yakuza loansharks) or some brilliant young surgeon learned about it in America and has come back with it. Really I don't think Japanese medical technology is behind North American medical technology, but it's never just some hotshot from the University of Tokyo, the American mystique demands it.

Of course, if your thing is rock music, I guess the US is genuinely the place. Not to, like, make it big because nobody does any more, but at least to experience ambience, go to cool clubs or what. LA might be a good place for that, I guess? I don't know what cities are happening these days. Austin?

I know. I feel like going to Canada would've been better, or Germany. Or somewhere else. I'm American and I would never step foot in the disaster known as California. Hell, no.

last edited at Jun 20, 2023 4:20PM

joined Mar 26, 2014

Aya, you fool. Just move with her. You can get married in California, you know? It's the state least likely to strike same sex marriage from the Book. Unlike Japan having ONE district that gives civil union licenses smh

That's kinda rad. I DIDN'T KNOW they even gave licenses in Japan yet. DANG. How much of a flex would that be? "Oh me and my wife? We married in Japan to show our support."

last edited at Jun 20, 2023 4:23PM

joined Mar 26, 2014

Uncle! You have GOOD taste! Yes, I approve!
Heck ya!

last edited at Jun 20, 2023 4:25PM

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

That's kinda rad. I DIDN'T KNOW they even gave licenses in Japan yet. DANG. How much of a flex would that be? "Oh me and my wife? We married in Japan to show our support."

Japan is at the stage where most people are fine with the idea of gay marriage in theory as long as it's happening somewhere it won't disturb people's sense of normalcy too much. So, for the moment, it's stuck in a few test districts

It's probably still one of the most progressive countries in Asia for even doing that much, honestly

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 9:11PM

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

most progressive countries in Asia

Uhhh, they are extremely regressive about trans people and immigrants, but good on them for the partnerships I suppose...

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 5:32PM

joined Apr 10, 2021

It's going to be funny when/if a country like Sri Lanka will get gay marriage before Japan. Or it might not but they are talking about it now.

Also what "somewhat supports" means might be very different among different people, but at least by one poll over half of India is now, at least, not on the opposes side of gay marriage
https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/06/20/india-same-sex-marriage-support-lgbtq/

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 5:57PM

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

most progressive countries in Asia

Uhhh, they are extremely regressive about trans people and immigrants, but good on them for the partnerships I suppose...

Yes, that was a relative statement to show how bad Asia is in general is about this sort of thing

"most progressive in Asia" >https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54743789

I said "one of the most" actually. That doesn't exclude Taiwan

last edited at Jun 21, 2023 9:17PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.