Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I'm still holding out for the idea that Yuzu just wants her to spell it out. Either just "because" or to not make a mistake herself.
The other half of me really wants to believe Yuzu just assumed they're in a relationship already and she's acting "As always"

joined Jul 8, 2019

Curses, foiled again! By the super soaker, no less!

joined Feb 1, 2021

I guess I'm the only one who found this chapter really adorable? IDK, they're too earnest and the tone of this manga too happy-go-lucky optimistic for this to really slow Minami down.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Damn girl you got the merch on full display there offered to you for free and you still got no idea

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Density of a neutron star I see. Or she's doing it on purpose.

But it's getting tedious.

joined Dec 20, 2013

Density of a neutron star I see. Or she's doing it on purpose.

But it's getting tedious.

Well, yeah. I mean, being dense is a funny trope, but repeating the same flavor of jokes again and again, in hundreds of different declinaisons, you end up being bored of it.

The sustainability of this kind of story if they don't evolve can only go so far.

I hope she get a clue soon.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Thank you, summer!

There's something suspicious about Yuzu quickly changing the subject when talking about love was brought up.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I feel like we might get a POV where she's also just panicccc

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

...i shouldve seen the neutron-star-reaction in the bath coming from far away, its too much of a classic trope, but it somehow fooled me and it HURT ME SO BAD

it is doubtful if i will ever recover

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Dunno how I let this manga slip past me... Just started reading, got to page 17 of chapter 1 and was like, "Girl, you're already dating."

...Though as I continue reading, I wonder if Yuzu is ace. Which isn't a deal breaker for a relationship (Just ask my wife), but it may disappoint Minami, given her... imagination, in chapter 2.

Rsz_1230979
joined Sep 1, 2021

This dense as a rock trope is what I hate with typical het romance story.

joined Aug 20, 2022

Minami acting very Bocchi this episode. I love it

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Dunno if this was mentioned before but this series got licensed by SevenSeas~

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1661449291104243727

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Dunno how I let this manga slip past me... Just started reading, got to page 17 of chapter 1 and was like, "Girl, you're already dating."

...Though as I continue reading, I wonder if Yuzu is ace. Which isn't a deal breaker for a relationship (Just ask my wife), but it may disappoint Minami, given her... imagination, in chapter 2.

Think about it, what would her being ace do to the story

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Explain why she's so oblivious, for one. Adds a possible angle to the narrative beyond "they finally get together after the author runs out of ideas for gags, probably three pages before the story ends." Also means representation for a frequently forgotten demographic.

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

Explain why she's so oblivious, for one. Adds a possible angle to the narrative beyond "they finally get together after the author runs out of ideas for gags, probably three pages before the story ends." Also means representation for a frequently forgotten demographic.

Wouldn't say it "explains it", ppl can simply be very oblivious. I have tons of ace friends who aren't for example, but >I< am, and a lot, like I don't judge Yuzu 'cause I honestly wouldn't get what Minami was implying either and being ace doesn't always explain it.

It could be though, of course. There's always a possibility, but it's just not "it explains why she's so oblivious".

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Probably time for her to disengage. Gonna rupture, otherwise. You can make no mistakes and still lose.

last edited at Jun 8, 2023 3:02PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Not gonna lie I'm really tired by now that we get close to zero information about Yuzu's perspective in all this :P A few chapters ago I thought we'll start getting more of that but it very quickly reverted to usual joke about how Minami is obsessed and Yuzu is oblivious, and I'm getting slowly and surely disappointed in how this is developing.

last edited at Jul 4, 2023 6:18PM

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Honestly at this point I'm actually waiting for the "wait we weren't dating?" Twist. She isn't oblivious, there's just a fundamental misunderstanding going on.

Img-20230104-wa0002
joined Dec 16, 2022

Its time for Hinori's ship?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

"This isn't stupid purity . . . It's pure stupidity." :D

C4u8pkcuoaauccv
joined Oct 31, 2018

"So is that it? Not a bit of progress this whole summer?"
It'd be kind of cringe if you have such an on-the-nose set of lines there and then actually follow through with allowing that to be the case.
Gonna just hope that's the intent, and they're not that lacking in self-awareness.

joined May 3, 2014

"So is that it? Not a bit of progress this whole summer?"
It'd be kind of cringe if you have such an on-the-nose set of lines there and then actually follow through with allowing that to be the case.
Gonna just hope that's the intent, and they're not that lacking in self-awareness.

you underestimate the japanese authors ability to write 200 chapters with no relationship progress only to have the confession done in 5 PAGES then the END! oh an an epilog if you are lucky!

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

new cutie alert what's up? Someone to pair up with Hinori perhaps? >;3c

65c5147f-cae2-4cb0-9fe6-5718db7bd474
joined Aug 16, 2020

That girl at the end looks like Lisa from Rosalia

To reply you must either login or sign up.