Forum › The Fed Up Office Lady Wants to Serve the Villainess discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Hahahahaha! The prince just straight up calls out Diana's impure motives. Nice to see that he too is hoping Natori could change Lapis' fate, though.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Transcript (based on Youtube's auto-captions and my ears where it seemed off):

でも、百合漫画なんでちゃんとこの男子は恋愛にこは絡んでないです。
見ての通り険悪な関係性なんで安心してもらって。
今回の絵で百合漫画っていうのなんかすごい信じてもらえないからすごいですね。
なんかちょっと…この契約な感じとか…なんならこう男女物の恋愛漫画でこういう雰囲気の剣カップルみたいのもいるじゃいないですか。
こんなこと言うとすごいダイアナちゃんに怒られそうだけど…
ダイアナちゃんにもグランくんにも怒られそうだけど、あの、こういう雰囲気の剣カップル…男女、恋愛漫画っぽさも、例「?」はある。
全然そんなことないんで、ちょっと安心していただければ。

Rough translation:

"But it's a yuri manga, so this boy isn't involved in any romance. As you can see, it's a hostile relationship so please be at ease. You can't believe its a yuri manga based on this drawing, right? Somehow it feels a bit...like a contract...sort of like, a het romance manga might have a sword couple with this sort of vibe. Though Diana-chan would get pissed at me for saying this... Both Diana-chan and Gran-kun would be angry, but um, there's precedence to have a sword couple with this of vibe, like a het romance manga. But it's not like that at all, please be assured."

Basically the upshot is "it's a yuri manga so Diana x Gran isn't happening don't worry" lmao.

(Also Diana sticking her tongue out is super cute.)

Thanks for that!

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Yeesssssssss. The gay is strong with these ones.

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

I know this is about the villainess but Diana is so cute and her charm points just increase every chapter.. And honestly it's funny how she is acting like a villainess especially against the prince more than Lapis lol..

Bb8a9f6b-acc2-4e0f-90f6-d54026cb173e_1_201_a
joined Feb 16, 2021

Fuck it poly let natori win both Diana and lapis Diana is way too cute to lose

joined Sep 10, 2022

Really interesting chapter, as usual. We're back on the Lapis train and Natalie is continuing her journey to recognizing that her feelings for Lapis are different from her feelings for everyone else. She finally says that exactly (that the good feeling she gets from Lapis is different than what she gets from The Prince and Diana). The two of them are in different kinds of denial about their attraction to each other. Lapis clearly cares for Natalie, as much as she tries to hide it and seems to deny it (terribly). She's a tsundere in that sense. Natalie's self-worth issues also rear their heads again. She really can't imagine that Lapis would care for her compared to her grand plans but hopefully, she eventually gets over that (and notices the obvious signs, that yes, she can and likely already does).

I also wonder about Lapis' true intentions and background in this version. The author is being too clear, with everyone assuming certain intentions, but there are many hints suggesting more to that story and it feels like we're being set up for something. I don't expect a full subversion--Lapis is likely still planning something bad or at least controversial--but why and how much will Natori be able to change her? She's changed her a lot already (got her blushing and thinking of her all day) but what will that lead to? And what sides will everyone take once things start? Really enjoy this manga a lot. Neko is great. I'm still eager to see these plans in motion, though. How long does this series intend to be?

last edited at Jun 1, 2023 8:30PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

I see we've stepped up the villainess ladder from "has a bad personality" to "wants to exterminate a political faction".

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

Yall team Diana FTW she's just too good

naschyamamoto
Alit%20rider%20kick!
joined Jun 22, 2022

We're slow burnin'

joined Aug 11, 2022

Please Lapis...don't sacrifice/martyr yourself for the so-called [GREATER GOOD]...it would make the MC very sad....

Cat-boy mind reader is useful....but it not all powerful and has it limits...he can only read the surface thoughts judging from how he didn't realize MC's knowledge of the future is from the otome game or knows much about MC's personal life [meaning he needs hours to read more info from mind reading]..this is from him being a bit confused/fluster and not having a blue-screen of death questioning if he is not real/his very existence....

--> MY theory and probably some other people theory: Lapis fed cat-boy bullsh*t about her plans....lapis still has plans about sacrificing herself and even her family if needed...and maybe even some other nobles (Bad greedy nobles) to kill the [Anti-noble fraction] but she would preferred not to do that...but she is willing for the [GREATER GOOD] if needed...

The [Anti-nobles fraction] might be trying to fight for equal rights...but I estimated about only 45% doing it for true good intention, the other 55% doing it for selfish greed/more money/power...leaving those people alive is a bad idea...some lesser nobles are willing to help them for probably money/to gain more power...

Lapis please there is another route to take them down...MC's otome game knowledge could help, we need you for the 3-way poly-relationship of (Villainess X Office-lady X Protagonist)!!!

Note taking list of possible interest Chapter 1 to 9/summary notes:
[Chapter 1]:
There is hints that Lapis used to know someone with foresight/future sight and she seems happy to have someone with that ability to be her familiar. "So I didn't fail afterall"
Lapis is crazy perceptive too, noticing MC behavior just from MC's warning to stop protagonst's summon circles.-->> also lol ring on ringer finger contract XD

[Chapter 2]:
Lapis so-called disdained of the commoners, she notice the 'Commoners' of MC's world seem to be different and more civil.
MC still dense and dumb, not knowing why her hear going doki doki...
[Demon dragon used to be Lapis in-game familiar.]
Lapis gets angry at MC getting hurt. Implied flashback/hint that someone close to her died.

[Chapter 3]:
MC does not get morally wrong route of getting rid of Protagonist and starts to charm Protagonist...

[Chapter 4]:
We see hints of Lapis' little sister/imouto (non-blood related). She likely person who died. (unknown how she died??)
We see background info about [Anti-noble fraction]'s plans and spies academy base and royal palace security...RED FLAGS!!! Lapis claims [anti-nobles fraction] got some of the lesser nobles on their side.
[Cat-boy spy] is scared and fearful of Lapis 'plans'...
MC is 25 years old.
Little imouto had power of [Foresight]-but only few minutes into future.
Lapis orders MC to use her power to save herself if MC sees Lapis as a [Enemy]...
MC RIZZING LAPIS HARDER!!!

[Chapter 5]:
-meeting with the prince. Prince might be turning into a Yuri-fan...MC rizzing time!
[Chapter 5.5]
Lapis rizzing MC and headpat!!

[Chapter 6]:
Lapis rizzing MC, MC remember chapter 1 events of otome-game. MC and protagnoist bonding time/..they rizzing each other. Event of chapter 1 happening but due to protagnoist going yandere for MC a bit.

[Chapter 7]:
Chapter 1 otome-game events happen but changed slightly, prince going to be training Protagonist...Poor Protagnoist....I want an 3way-OTP/poly-relationship between the 3 of them XD

[Chapter 8]:
Protagnoist getting doki doki from MC.
The prince background and character growth, Lapis sees the prince/monarch as the player and herself as a chess-piece-->>claiming it impossible to preserve every piece when seeing the bigger picture. Drop black queen piece as symbolism of herself a chess piece
MC otome-game knowledge of the game's ending result=Prince and protagnoist happy ending.
Protagonist motive are definitely both [pure/impure] XD

Chapter 9:
The villainess and MC being doki-doki with each other near end of chapter yay!! XD

last edited at Jun 1, 2023 10:54PM

joined Jul 21, 2020

RandomFanZ: great summary of the plot so far! :) Really detailed too. Wow!

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

Fuck it poly let natori win both Diana and lapis Diana is way too cute to lose

Yes. Good. Embrace the poly.

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Indeed, all hail to the greatness Polyamory!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Indeed, all hail to the greatness Polyamory!

"You like . . . parrots?"

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Oh yes Lapis, let's the yuri flow through you

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I don't really have a problem with Diana and gran getting together, he seems like a nice guy, he supports lapis and Natori, his back a forth with Diane is fun and kind of cute, also is pretty much a fact that if Diane had not meet Natori she would have fall in love with him. Besided Natori already stated that her affection for Diane and gran is different from the one she has for lapys, also there isn't any evidence that lapys has or will develop any kind of romantic feeling for Diane so there's really not a lot of potential for a poly ending

last edited at Jun 2, 2023 3:17AM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Surprise cat boy maid.

I wonder if his power can now be wielded in a way more impactful way then the original storyline?...

But we don't need mind reading powers to see what the real treasure is.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

My guess is that Lapis' original plan was to massacre the anti-noble faction for murdering her imouto friend when they were kids. However, accidentally summoning Natori has awakened feelings other than anger and desire for revenge in her, and she is now struggling to reconcile them. What the Cat Boy Maid saw was the insides of her head before meeting Natori, i.e. the Lie That She Believes (a.k.a. her Want), whereas loving and being loved (by Natori, with or without Diana involved) is her Need, a Truth that she must realize to make her character arc a positive one. Of course, she could still reject it in the end, resulting in a negative arc (the Fall).

girlswhokiss
joined Apr 5, 2023

She can fix her.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I'm fully on board with the polyamory faction.

I see we've stepped up the villainess ladder from "has a bad personality" to "wants to exterminate a political faction".

God forbid women do anything...

last edited at Jun 2, 2023 5:02AM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Now these were some very interesting events.
1. The villainess' plan is some what revealing, maybe
2. The villainess is showing affection, or is she?
This character who is supposed to be the villainess -- do you support her when all her actions are pointing towards genocide or so you try to fix? Can you even fix her? How do you even fix her?

last edited at Jun 2, 2023 6:43AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Aww, just look these two useless lesbians... ^_^

joined Sep 10, 2022

Now these were some very interesting events.
1. The villainess' plan is some what revealing, maybe
2. The villainess is showing affection, or is she?

Yeah, good question. Her affection for Diana is probably forced, at least somewhat. For Natalie, it's real since we've seen her show affection in her private moments. She's tried to hide her face when she blushes, or thought about Natalie in the carriage car, or here when she's lost in her own train of thought while trying to explain why she can't stop thinking about Natalie etc. In comparison, Lapis has only shown affection for Diana and the Prince in public, so it's hard to know how much of that is fake. The Prince alluded to being privy of her plans though.

last edited at Jun 2, 2023 9:37AM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Low key hoping Lapis is actually an evil villainess and not the typical misunderstood villainess. Would be more interesting take to see if Natalie would still decide to follow her around or not.

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Whether Vino is a boy or not idc, I just want em, and I want em NOW!

To reply you must either login or sign up.