Forum › Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The bedroom:

The kitchen:

Hiroko if she ever sees Ayaka's house:

joined Sep 13, 2022

God all that sexism and heteronormativity in the workplace is so real. It’s slowly getting better but still way too common

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Miss company boss, with the huge ribbon in her hair? She's my new hero.

Make a new manga series for her.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Hahaha Hiroko is so useless. But the internalized homophobia is real.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Hahaha Hiroko is so useless. But the internalized homophobia is real.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Can Hiroko get any more unlikeable? Kick her ass, CEO-san.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice. :D

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I guess her refusal to believe that Ayaka is gay makes a bit more sense if every woman in her department is also blushing after her. Well, that or everyone who works there is gay, and no one's realized it yet.

She's way too interesting to just be a one-shot punchline character. I too demand more of her.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Hiroko is sweet, albeit under a good amount of pressure given her position. Can't imagine currying favor like that everyday in that kind of atmosphere. She must feel constantly worried.

I guess her refusal to believe that Ayaka is gay makes a bit more sense if every woman in her department is also blushing after her. Well, that or everyone who works there is gay, and no one's realized it yet.

That and she's really worried about what the office would think (and I guess what it would do to her career) if they knew she was gay. She's even wearing clothes meant for fending off the leeches.

It's interesting because they mention her age gap quite a bit in these chapters and there might be something to how her fear of being outed is more intense than someone like Ayaka's. Ayaka is younger and therefore maybe has a different outlook on things because of that. They have two altered perspectives.

last edited at May 24, 2023 3:04PM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

God all that sexism and heteronormativity in the workplace is so real. It’s slowly getting better but still way too common

It will stay that way.

People kind of have to assume something, and so the default is that everyone can like someone from opposite sex. Combined straight + bi population is vastly larger than homosexual one.

So you need to make it really clear and be outspoken if you want to avoid awkward passes from opposite sex, especially at a company party where people get tipsy. Coming out doesn't end up in one time...

Also, Hiroko's epic failure at boasting her breadwinning capabilities was funny as hell.

last edited at May 24, 2023 2:50PM

joined Nov 22, 2019

text

W H A T

"haven't you been with our company for ten years? Surely someone's caught tour eye in that time!"

multiple someone's, in fact. And quite a few she's slept with.

This implies that Hiroko has slept with women she's found attractive in the workplace before...SO THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF THIS MANGA

This one offhand comment single handedly destroys the entire backbone of the story. If Hiroko is such a womanizer and jumps at the chance to sleep with a cute girl, WHY HAS SHE BEEN AVOIDING AYAKA SO DAMN MUCH!?

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

This implies that Hiroko has slept with women she's found attractive in the workplace before...SO THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF THIS MANGA

This one offhand comment single handedly destroys the entire backbone of the story. If Hiroko is such a womanizer and jumps at the chance to sleep with a cute girl, WHY HAS SHE BEEN AVOIDING AYAKA SO DAMN MUCH!?

Tho probably is a rhetorical question and I'm reading it literally (wrong of me)~ I will just say: all that is explained later. *goes back to the shadows(?

joined Sep 10, 2022

That's a good question to ask but doesn't break the manga. Just have to read to find out. Also remember that she used to be a womanizer but stopped recently. They discussed this in chapter 2 around the bar, when two of the women mention that her reputation now is different then before.

last edited at May 24, 2023 4:55PM

joined Apr 16, 2022

She's way too interesting to just be a one-shot punchline character. I too demand more of her.

Thirded, that was one of the more brutal rejections I've seen and it ruled. CEO Ribbon Lady x Risa is my new OTP.

Ayaka
joined Feb 10, 2013

text

W H A T

"haven't you been with our company for ten years? Surely someone's caught tour eye in that time!"

multiple someone's, in fact. And quite a few she's slept with.

She said that a women who attracts straight men a lot must be straight which Ayaka does which explanes why she doesn't accept the fact that Ayaka has a thing for her. This chapter explans the stupidity around why she makes excuses as to why all the obvious signs Ayaka is giving her is for some dude or just practice for some man.

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

Although that rejection was brutal, you'll find no sympathy here after what Hiroko puts my girl Ayaka thru on a daily basis.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Thirded, that was one of the more brutal rejections I've seen and it ruled. CEO Ribbon Lady x Risa is my new OTP.

This

Risa x CEO all the way

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I've noticed this from other manga as well, but do japanese women have a choice in staying to work after they get married or are they discouraged? At the rate the world is getting in now, a single earner in a family household is not enough. Also, japan has a high divorce rate so this is crippling for the woman just in case.

Screenshot_20220418-181859_chrome
joined Jul 6, 2022

while exaggerated for the sake of the story, i feel like hiroko constantly overlooking ayakas passes is pretty reasonable based on what weve seen, so i dont get why you guys hate her so much... esp w/ this chapter

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

These poor pitiful souls ☠︎︎

And married women being presumed to have to drop out of the workforce to pop out kids even if they don't wanna ☠︎︎☠︎︎☠︎︎

Also please don't mistake my bellyaching for hate; I just react viscerally to these comedy of error type stories lol.

last edited at May 25, 2023 12:36AM

joined Nov 21, 2018

I've noticed this from other manga as well, but do japanese women have a choice in staying to work after they get married or are they discouraged? At the rate the world is getting in now, a single earner in a family household is not enough. Also, japan has a high divorce rate so this is crippling for the woman just in case.

The assumption is that someone getting married is also going to start having and raising kids, which is a reason for women to quit their full-time jobs. Whether those assumptions are true or not, it's the line of thinking that leads to women getting passed over for raises and promotions at these kinds of companies; "she's only going to be useful to us until she finds a man." This just adds another layer of pressure to Hiroko's work life...

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only person here who thinks the CEO is suddenly the best damn character.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Okay. I've finished the vol 2 of this story. It doesn't get as bad as other ppl mentioned. Hiroko gets more relatable as the story progresses.

There is a reason why she acts like this. She used to have a crush on a senpai just like Ayaka does now, and that ended horribly which made her the way she is now. I really felt bad fot her and I totally understand her now. I haven't finished vol 3 but I'll reply with my thoughts after I'm done.

last edited at May 25, 2023 3:03PM

joined Sep 10, 2022

Okay. I've finished the vol 2 of this story. It doesn't get as bad as other ppl mentioned. Hiroko gets more relatable as the story progresses.

There is a reason why she acts like this. She used to have a crush on a senpai just like Ayaka does now, and that ended horribly which made her the way she is now. I really felt bad fot her and I totally understand her now. I haven't finished vol 3 but I'll reply with my thoughts after I'm done.

Yeah she's her most hilarious during the setup for sure! Glad you stuck with it and let the story explain itself. I think Volume 3 (the last one) is the best, so it would be great to hear your opinion on it (especially if you end up feeling differently). Also you're reading it in Japanese? If you haven't, you could also try "Black and White" from the same author. That just ended and is about as long as this one. Really different flavour though.

last edited at May 25, 2023 4:10PM

BanichkaSBoza
Screenshot%20(2)
joined Apr 22, 2018

useless lesbians the manga

To reply you must either login or sign up.