Forum › I Wanna Quit Being a Hitman! discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Everyone's spying on everyone.

The only thing that'd have made this even more plot convenient is if he figured out she was the one who confessed to him regularly.

He likely hasn't, but she may well have recognized him, now that she also heard his voice answering the phone.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

The last four pages of ch 7... incredible. I could feel the music cut out and the reverb on his voice when he said Benika and she had to freeze. Love this a lot. Would be awesome if it were adapted.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

The last four pages of ch 7... incredible. I could feel the music cut out and the reverb on his voice when he said Benika and she had to freeze. Love this a lot. Would be awesome if it were adapted.

Yeah, I quite liked some of the first pages when the soldiers entered the church, it was really well drawn and shaded, it created a really cool cinematographic effect. This manga is really great

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Time to take a nap, preacher man.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

This is like a soap opera

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

The people putting labels or moral judgements on Rose's relationship to Benika feel like they're extremely jumping the gun. We don't really know much about Rose or her history but it's likely she's young and even less mentally mature in relationship matters than Benika is due to her personal history. They basically got a Bronya and Seele thing going on, except Bronya and Seele actually kiss and these two just hold hands in the park. How scandalous lmao

That's "The Bronya" to you

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

If anything, I'm more conflicted about the priest having such great tailing skills -- unless his past justifies those abilities.

He put a GPS tracker on Benika, all he had to do to rail them is walk at a distance

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I can only imagine what he'd think if he turned around and saw Rose standing behind him posed like that

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

something about this gives me slight tatsuki fujimoto vibes and im here for it

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

He put a GPS tracker on Benika, all he had to do to rail them is walk at a distance

O-oh my, so it's that kind of manga?!

last edited at May 17, 2023 1:52AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

O-oh my, so it's that kind of manga?!

Yes, a Damsel will be tied up and thrown unto the railway as a train is approaching

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

It was an extreme, invasive thing to do but having just been told that his life and potentially his daughter's were being targeted, I think that counts as extenuating circumstances and makes his desire to check that mysterious partner of hers a bit more understandable.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Who would have thought this manga would have a chapter I'd consider "cute?"

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Poor Benika, both her father and her lover are involved with shady ass stuff

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Why edit an image in post when you can become the edit?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

What kind of horrible father keeps stealing his daughter's soul...?

joined Jan 14, 2020

what

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

LOL!! Benika can't even get any good shots of Rose but Rose manage to get a secret shot of Benika being mad. yeah, legit spying skills in real life. XD

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

what

Ah, for some reason I thought it was still the father. Looks like it's Rose instead. My mistake.

last edited at May 19, 2023 4:43AM

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I'm finding myself actually really enjoying this, and I don't typically like these sort of stories. I think it's the odd, yet strangely satisfying mix of gritty spy realpolitik and Archie Comics misunderstandings and dating comedy. The weird way the three lives Rose has (hitwoman, Benika's girlfriend and a nameless confessor) have crossed the paths of this family on all three counts and how it's all coming together to this meeting.

I'm really looking forward to how things explode here, as they seem they will.

joined Nov 22, 2019

I'm genuinely in love with this story. It's got so much narrative and world-building. The dynamic of the dad spying on his daughters dates could be a manga in itself, and yet there's also this whole gritty Cia level operation happening in the background that we haven't even fully gotten into yet?

But at the same time, it dosen't feel like the story is too crowded. The family dynamic and hitman operation stuff both give eachother the space they need to breathe, while also being just the right amount of interconnected to compliment eachother delightfully.

Generally one of the best narratives I've read in a while, even outside of yuri manga.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

And now to meet.

Possibly with the hitman orgnisation and the chruch clashing as well,making things that much harder for her to talk to her future father in law of the not quite holy spirit.

joined May 10, 2021

Uh-oh, I can smell death looming around our dear father..

joined Mar 26, 2021

You know, despite all the tension, there's an unexpected humour to all this. I guess it's the irony of the way the characters behave due to knowing only half the story... I was expecting more drama, but this feels funny.
Like, things might still go badly for everyone to the point of tragedy, but this chapter made me feel more amused than worried.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Honestly I feel like it wont end tragically. Especially considering I feel both characters are going to realize they're working with shady assholes and bail

To reply you must either login or sign up.