Forum › Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! discussion

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I'm still enjoying it, tbh. Ayaka's struggle as a straight-passing lesbian with such a strongly misunderstood reputation, is... actually surprisingly relatable? It may just be unique personal experience talking here, but this honestly doesn't feel that hard to suspend my disbelief. Even the bathroom scene happened while she was extremely drunk, so yanno, it's easy to dismiss her actions. Idk. This was one of the rare series I favorited on chapter 1 because I'm so confident in its direction, and so far it hasn't let me down.

Totally, I find her relatable too. The most common thing irl would be that Hiroko would be straight and so she doesn't get it but this is kinda like a wish fulfillment fantasy where the woman that's been ignoring your advances is totally into you but just reaaaaally really dense. That's why it's funny to me.
And yes, she was drunk and singing the lyrics actually, she wasn't confessing exactly. So Hiroko just thought she was heartbroken drunk and singing about her crush which is kinda dumb but lol

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

I'm starting to think those "Hiroko used to be a player" stories may have been slightly exaggerated

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

Damn, wake up guys, new level of useless lesbian just dropped!!

This is just amazing, like holy shit, if the girl strips and says "I'm yours" she gonna think she's on drugs before thinking she is, in fact, not straight hhahahah

joined Apr 16, 2022

Risa's trying her best to be a wingwoman and make Hiroko jealous but she inadvertently just feeds into Hiroko's delusions instead

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Hmmm, wonder what that co-worker's trying to do there. Backfired help trying making Hiroko jealous, or run interference and keep her denseness intact?

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

it only took a couple of nuclear explosions in Ayaka's kitchen for Ayaka to fail to get her feelings across

joined Jul 8, 2019

gaydar jamming

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I can imagine at some point Hiroko asking how Ayaka is doing courting whatsisname, and Ayaka snapping and giving her either a brutal beatdown or a highly energetic sexual assault or both while shrieking "WHY. WON'T. YOU. GET. IIIIITT!!!!!"
No, that won't happen in the story, but it's a headcanon I'm becoming distressingly OK with.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Hmmm, wonder what that co-worker's trying to do there. Backfired help trying making Hiroko jealous, or run interference and keep her denseness intact?

I’m guessing she’s running interference. Hiroko is popular, after all, so maybe Risa’s got a crush and a much scummier way of going about things.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Damn, wake up guys, new level of useless lesbian just dropped!!

This is just amazing, like holy shit, if the girl strips and says "I'm yours" she gonna think she's on drugs before thinking she is, in fact, not straight hhahahah

Hiroko be like "Surely she's just drunk again" while Ayaka is proposing on a blimp in front of a double rainbow

joined Oct 11, 2019

Honestly this chapter's setup feels a lot more reasonable for a misunderstanding than last chapter, I don't know if anything will beat not catching on to someone literally dry humping you in a bathroom stall.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

This is actually radioactive waste levels of useless. Holy smokes.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Now this is downright stupid and senseless, author can't even come up with a good excuse on why she misunderstands it, she gives her the lunch, she says she made it for the one she loves, and somehow Hiroko ends up on the conclusion Ayaka loves some random dude? Doesn't even make sense, and this completely sucks

last edited at May 10, 2023 11:20PM

Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

Now this is downright stupid and senseless, author can't even come up with a good excuse on why she misunderstands it, she gives her the lunch, she says she made it for the one she loves, and somehow Hiroko ends up on the conclusion Ayaka loves some random dude? Doesn't even make sense, and this completely sucks

She thinks Ayaka was “putting in effort for the one she loved” in terms of practicing her cooking. So she thinks the lunch she made for her was just her way of honing her cooking skills so she can impress some guy she likes or something.

Idk why everyone says this sucks lol. Sure, the excuses Hiroko comes up with are kinda dumb and obviously a reach from any bystanders perspective, but that’s kinda the WHOLE POINT OF THIS MANGA. Girl is so deep in denial for various reasons that she actively looks the gayest of girls in the face and thinks, “ah, yes. She straight. Can’t believe I almost misunderstood her.”

That’s the joke. The whole schtick of this series. It’s SUPPOSED TO BE DUMB AND GOOFY. It reminds me a lot of an inverse version of that “You’re Totally in Love With Me, Aren’t You?” manga where it’s just as goofy and the whole joke each time is the MC asking her friend who’s obviously crushing on her if she loves her and the friend always denying it. I think the only reason people are fine with that one and bash this one is cuz this manga has a more realistic art style and isn’t in 4-Koma style, so subconsciously think it’s supposed to be a realistic drama and not a silly comedy.

Maybe this isn’t your brand of comedy or whatever, but that doesn’t mean it sucks. It’s actually doing what it set out to do quite well.

joined May 10, 2021

Oh how stupid can you get... It's a bit frustrating to be honest, but Ayaka is too damn precious sooooooo. Yeah, good stuff!

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

That’s the joke. The whole schtick of this series. It’s SUPPOSED TO BE DUMB AND GOOFY. It reminds me a lot of an inverse version of that “You’re Totally in Love With Me, Aren’t You?” manga where it’s just as goofy and the whole joke each time is the MC asking her friend who’s obviously crushing on her if she loves her and the friend always denying it. I think the only reason people are fine with that one and bash this one is cuz this manga has a more realistic art style and isn’t in 4-Koma style, so subconsciously think it’s supposed to be a realistic drama and not a silly comedy.

Maybe this isn’t your brand of comedy or whatever, but that doesn’t mean it sucks. It’s actually doing what it set out to do quite well.

Whatever, you can say it's supposed to be like this, "dumb and goofy", only problem is it is not like that, I would say it's "senseless" more than dumb, she's just making unrealistic excuses that no one, not even the most oblivious person would think, and "frustrating" more than goofy, because up till now, or at least in the latest chapters it hasn't been funny at all.

And it's nothing to do with my "brand of comedy", I actually quite like this type of manga, for instance another one that uses this same type of dynamic and is being uploaded right now in the site is shoujo manga protag X rival and guess what, it's pretty funny and I like it a lot.

Another thing to add to the senseless of the story, and someone else pointed before, she's supposed to be a "former womanizer" or "woman eater" or whatever, but how come when she can't get these obvious signals? Or what, you expect me to think every girl she hit on wore a shirt saying "I'm a lesbian"? or the rainbow flag or was registered in the national lesbian catalogue or something? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE, like most of this manga, but the main point is, it's not funny, because there's a lot of things in shoujo protag X rival that are senseless too, but at least they're funny, this is just stupid

Screen%20shot%202021-08-13%20at%2010.31.03%20pm
joined Aug 14, 2021

I've seen those jelly pouches in other mangas before. Are they the equivalent of energy drinks here in the west?

joined May 3, 2014

Whatever, you can say it's supposed to be like this, "dumb and goofy", only problem is it is not like that, I would say it's "senseless" more than dumb, she's just making unrealistic excuses that no one, not even the most oblivious person would think, and "frustrating" more than goofy, because up till now, or at least in the latest chapters it hasn't been funny at all.

And it's nothing to do with my "brand of comedy", I actually quite like this type of manga, for instance another one that uses this same type of dynamic and is being uploaded right now in the site is shoujo manga protag X rival and guess what, it's pretty funny and I like it a lot.

Another thing to add to the senseless of the story, and someone else pointed before, she's supposed to be a "former womanizer" or "woman eater" or whatever, but how come when she can't get these obvious signals? Or what, you expect me to think every girl she hit on wore a shirt saying "I'm a lesbian"? or the rainbow flag or was registered in the national lesbian catalogue or something? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE, like most of this manga, but the main point is, it's not funny, because there's a lot of things in shoujo protag X rival that are senseless too, but at least they're funny, this is just stupid

ok you made your opinion clear, unless this manga is EXACTLY how you THINK is supposed to be is bad in the univers that you exist

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

This is just too frustrating for me, so I think I'm out.

joined Mar 19, 2022

Denser than a fucking neutron star, good lord.

last edited at May 11, 2023 3:00AM

joined Sep 26, 2022

damn this is kinda frustrating to read ngl

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I can imagine at some point Hiroko asking how Ayaka is doing courting whatsisname, and Ayaka snapping and giving her either a brutal beatdown or a highly energetic sexual assault or both while shrieking "WHY. WON'T. YOU. GET. IIIIITT!!!!!"
No, that won't happen in the story, but it's a headcanon I'm becoming distressingly OK with.

The worst thing is that even after that happens, Hiroko will still think Ayaka is in love with some random dude and is just "practicing" sexual assault on her.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Those two are really cute tbh. I mean Hiroko just wants to protect herself from falling too deeply for a supposedly straight girl. I don't really find it too funny, but I love the drama and the tension.

Also I only just noticed that the heart of seaweeds stuck to the top of the box, so she didn't see it. Gaaahhh that's kinda sad T.T

joined Jan 11, 2022

Idk why everyone says this sucks lol. Sure, the excuses Hiroko comes up with are kinda dumb and obviously a reach from any bystanders perspective, but that’s kinda the WHOLE POINT OF THIS MANGA. Girl is so deep in denial for various reasons that she actively looks the gayest of girls in the face and thinks, “ah, yes. She straight. Can’t believe I almost misunderstood her.”

I agree, while I think a lot of the people making these comments have every intention to keep on reading there are still some pretty venomous comments out there that just seem pointless.

s o j u i c y
67312274_634467850367572_3571401392662773760_n
joined May 16, 2019

They're so dumb it hurts to read

To reply you must either login or sign up.