Forum › Too Blue to Call Love discussion

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Lmao I honestly was like. Wait. Yaoi in my yuri?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Lmao I honestly was like. Wait. Yaoi in my yuri?

More likely than you think. :-)

Screenshot_20230620_200924_chrome
joined Mar 31, 2021

I kinda like how they didn't just cliche drop the boyfriend from the story, but found a way to redeem him and give him his own side story

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Naww look at them bonding

inactivehunter
V_1_25
joined Sep 26, 2022

Love how they went from enemies to good friends lol

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Baba-kun still deserved to get punched. And I want him to get punched again just out of spite. He can stay in the friend group tho.!

joined Mar 18, 2023

i cant say im quite fond of these recent developments as it requires me to tolerate a character that the story itself trashed and then tries to elaborate on with extremely poor reasoning that is way too absurd to take seriously causing one to wonder how this isnt a main genre comedy series with its joke of a plot.

and for the record a cheater isnt a flawed character since cheating isnt a flaw its a betrayal which is quite the serious offense in any story worth writing about but somehow this story is actively choosing to treat it as some kind of youthful misadventure which makes it seem like a flaw instead of the evil act it should otherwise be seen as.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I do not understand any of these people.

joined Jan 14, 2020

i cant say im quite fond of these recent developments as it requires me to tolerate a character that the story itself trashed and then tries to elaborate on with extremely poor reasoning that is way too absurd to take seriously causing one to wonder how this isnt a main genre comedy series with its joke of a plot.

and for the record a cheater isnt a flawed character since cheating isnt a flaw its a betrayal which is quite the serious offense in any story worth writing about but somehow this story is actively choosing to treat it as some kind of youthful misadventure which makes it seem like a flaw instead of the evil act it should otherwise be seen as.

Not everyone feels the same way about being cheated on.

Img-20230104-wa0002
joined Dec 16, 2022

This series is straight boring after baba-kun reintroduction

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I think Baba is just dense. Doesn't excuse him. He's clearly missing something though. Don't think that was well-developed.

Midori's handling it however she feels like, I have no issue there.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Alright that's it, I'm out LOL it only took 4 pages and I don't even want to know how the chapter ends... I can't do this anymore.

last edited at May 8, 2023 11:36PM

joined Mar 18, 2023

Not everyone feels the same way about being cheated on.

this isnt about my personal feelings on cheating this is simply my understanding of cheating concerning written fiction.

joined Feb 1, 2021

The comments on this manga are a far more bizarre and convoluted tale than anything the author could come up with themselves...

joined Nov 20, 2016

i think my main issue with this is that it doesn't seem like baba-kun learned anything? or feel remorse even?? dude got yelled a little bit and two days later he's hanging out with midori again like nothing. i'm fine with guys in yuri but why would you prioritize this over the main couple and with really shitty reasoning on top? lol

zanpakutoman
Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

I'll still keep reading to see where this story goes, but I'm really not feeling this Baba inclusion. Wasn't the whole point of the first chapter that you need to leave someone who keeps charming you after hurting you? I understand they've explained that they have a history together and the girl doesn't want to throw it all away. But, to still be THIS close and even have the main character who publicly chewed him out be like "Wow! He's pretty fun to talk to! No wonder he was so popular with the girls he cheated on my crush with. Hyuk-Hyuk!" Like, where are we going?

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I'll still keep reading to see where this story goes, but I'm really not feeling this Baba inclusion. Wasn't the whole point of the first chapter that you need to leave someone who keeps charming you after hurting you? I understand they've explained that they have a history together and the girl doesn't want to throw it all away. But, to still be THIS close and even have the main character who publicly chewed him out be like "Wow! He's pretty fun to talk to! No wonder he was so popular with the girls he cheated on my crush with. Hyuk-Hyuk!" Like, where are we going?

It's kind of like if male harem protagonist was a side character in a yuri story.

last edited at May 9, 2023 12:23AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm enjoying the manga and waiting to see where it goes. Thank you, translator!

joined Oct 1, 2022

So... what the fuck did I just read?

joined May 10, 2021

It's kinda weird that they're all getting along so nicely, but I think I'm enjoying it.
Thanks for the chapter!

joined Jan 11, 2022

This is a very interesting story, while I do agree that it's.. unorthodox to sort of handwave away the cheating I'm not choleric about it.

To echo rainbow an Wachtail, thanks for the chapter!

joined May 3, 2014

THIS SO EFING MUCH !!! like wtf??? is the author trying to make a joke out of cheating? becsuse this ain’t funny :/

joined Nov 22, 2019

Totally this. In the beginning of the story, we're introduced to the mc's crush, and her reaction to being cheated on. So obviously, this is the character we're supposed to sympathize with, right? Then, when the cheater is introduced, he's just as scummy as she described him as. When we see her tell him she's leaving, you get the sense of her overcoming a hurdle in her life and moving on to a new chapter, possibly with the mc. So boyfriend was just meant to represent the negativity of the previous chapter of her life, right? And her show of moving on from that means that now Baba as a character isn't needed anymore, right? Except no, because Baba bitch boy stuck around, with no more purpose as a character except to confuse the reader and make them uncomfortable.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The idea is interesting but if you wanna do that give that guy some plausible character development ...
... dunno, guess I'll stay around and see whether any more happens there ^^;

Also, what's with all the "ma'am"s? Weirdly formal.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Is this group dysfunctional or highly functional in convoluted ways?????

To reply you must either login or sign up.