Forum › At the Bottom of the Water discussion

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

This is creepy, I wonder how the rest of it will be like a new character per chapter.

last edited at May 8, 2023 5:05PM

Lady Lamperouge
__c_c_code_geass_drawn_by_creayus__865456f1cfacc546b5861bbfed2beb26
joined Jan 22, 2023

reminds me of that one lovecraft story, Shadow over Innsmouth? except maybe with a happy yuri ending this time

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

reminds me of that one lovecraft story, Shadow over Innsmouth? except maybe with a happy yuri ending this time

Instead of turning into horrible fish monsters, they turn into lesbians

joined May 10, 2021

That was weird, but quite interesting.
Also liked the whole vibe of it.
Thanks for the translation!

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Betrayed by their mother for some dude who wanted alone time...just to start a new family!

Living costs in Japan are one thing,but you left the babysitters in alone in the boondocks!

Well,time to see the scaly lass sit her fishy ass on her underwater throne as the real ruling force in that town.

Also :

"Ma'am,this is the fourth floor."

last edited at May 8, 2023 6:39PM

joined Jan 11, 2014

This is straight up a psychological horror story

joined Apr 10, 2021

If you assume they aren't all now brainwashed/extensions of the mermaid/dead/etc.
...but it can also be a bittersweet ending carved out of a bad situation and I'll be thinking that way.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Is this like one of Junji Ito mangas?
As in an allegory of something more mundane?

joined Jul 8, 2019

dunno if it deserves a what the fuck am I reading? tag or not, but certainly makes me consider it.

AdmiralDanger
joined May 3, 2021

What kind of a fucking mom does that. Kids should always come before your lovers. You chose to have them.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Oh yes, totally has a similar vibe, I wonder how will it turn up!

joined Aug 21, 2017

Betrayed by their mother for some dude who wanted alone time...just to start a new family!

Living costs in Japan are one thing,but you left the babysitters in alone in the boondocks!

Well,time to see the scaly lass sit her fishy ass on her underwater throne as the real ruling force in that town.

Also :

"Ma'am,this is the fourth floor."

The girl on the right has a lot of fear in her eyes.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Bit of the Innsmouth look on Chitose

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

As awful as the mother is, it is monstrous what Chitose said about the socks, they still were important to Ichika.

Also it's curious that we never see the mother's eyes and that she is the first person to say the mermaid story is true.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

This got yuri tag at pixiv, so I will take a dive into it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I don't know what's there to fear, they all look happy to me :D

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

What kind of a fucking mom does that. Kids should always come before your lovers. You chose to have them.

Yeah. Mom status: Garbage tier.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Sounds like the only thing shittier than this mom is her taste in men. What the actual fuck. "Soooo, I'm getting remarried! But he'd kinda prefer it if you two, y'know... Cleared the fuck out? And you want mommy to be happy, don't you?"

Ugh.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Instead of turning into horrible fish monsters, they turn into lesbians

I am not sure which of the two H.P. Lovecraft would have found more horrifying.

last edited at May 9, 2023 4:42AM

joined Jul 6, 2020

She just abandoned her children...

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

He's a man that was horrified that he was part Welsh. And had an intense aversion to math. I'm pretty sure he found literally everything to be equally horrifying.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

As far as I know, he never wrote anything about homosexuality

...Also It's worth remembering that Lovecraft did start to come around on the racism issue before he died

joined Oct 3, 2021

Huh. Kinda good ending, I guess?

Fjavttcwyaqbvef
joined Feb 3, 2023

Boyfriend is a terrible person for saying the mom should dump her kids to be with him
Mom is even worse for agreeing.

Hope they both die.

joined Apr 16, 2022

Sounds like the only thing shittier than this mom is her taste in men. What the actual fuck. "Soooo, I'm getting remarried! But he'd kinda prefer it if you two, y'know... Cleared the fuck out? And you want mommy to be happy, don't you?"

Ugh.

"Mom's like a friend to us."

I really liked this chapter. The characterization was on-point with minimal exposition and the creepy vibe was great. The fact that the monster winning could arguably be considered a happy ending for Ichika is a really fascinating thematic twist as well. Very much looking forward to more!

To reply you must either login or sign up.