Forum › At the Bottom of the Water discussion

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

so... Gma's the reason stuff started going downhill with the... well, not kidnapping, but the transformed run-away group? Dang. Even with the alien logic that comes with being a monster, I can tell Chitose went through some trauma with Reiko's reaction.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Karretch posted:

so... Gma's the reason stuff started going downhill with the... well, not kidnapping, but the transformed run-away group? Dang. Even with the alien logic that comes with being a monster, I can tell Chitose went through some trauma with Reiko's reaction.

The chapter starts with the girls in 1971 talking about the "houko". So it existed before. Grandma isn't responsible I think.

Also, I looked up about the communist thing and it looks like it's not talking about 1968 (since it's 1971), but about the internal strife in the 70s within the Zengakuren, a student movement affiliated with the Japan Communist Party at first.

Citing Wikipedia:

"Zengakuren split up into a large number of warring "sects" (sekuto), who would battle against each other at least as much as they battled against the police.[6] Arming themselves with construction helmets painted in the colors of their various factions and large wooden staves they called "violence sticks" (gebabō, from the German Gewalt),[7] the participated in a number of struggles throughout the 1960s and beyond".

That's why the radio is talking about "students without helmets". Probably not to be identified.

joined Apr 10, 2023

ooh this is really good. Love a well made manga about depression and that feeling of being fundamentally different from everyone else around you, and fascinatingly we've now seen it from both sides: different from all the mermaid people, and the mermaid left out because she's different from all the humans.

joined May 3, 2014

did the yuri tag disappeared? or it never existed? eh? I’m i loosing my memory or something?

joined May 3, 2014

did the yuri tag disappeared? or it never existed? eh? I’m i loosing my memory or something?

To reply you must either login or sign up.