Forum › My Dear Lass discussion

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Page 05, second to last panel.

Dat sky...

Is this watercolor? It looks like watercolor to me.

Mariya%20and%20karin%202
joined Nov 27, 2022

Jesus I love this manga. I'm always looking forward to the next chapter for what angsty love spats these two may endure. Althewhile expressing tenderness, longing, and charged undertones.

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Oh yeah, they fawkin'.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I don't think I've ever been so confused after checking out the comments. Yunduo having a thing for Xiaoen? And she being an antagonist somehow? She gave Xingyuan place to stay apparently on a discounted price and even left an opening when someone else asked about it being available later (unless she lied about that but the story doesn't seem to suggest it), and let's be honest, she says mostly reasonable advice to Xiaoen, that I would probably give myself unless I was aware I was in a yuri manga (manhua) with a certain ending :P

last edited at May 4, 2023 6:15AM

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

Yunduo having a thing for Xiaoen?

She cares a lot about Xiaoen. She loves her, one could easily interpret it is a romantic love instead of only platonic love (with yuri goggles properly adjusted). Whatever the case, Yunduo isn't jealous, and wants what's best for Xiaoen, so helping out the girl Xiaoen likes makes sense.

last edited at May 4, 2023 8:57AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't think I've ever been so confused after checking out the comments. Yunduo having a thing for Xiaoen? And she being an antagonist somehow? She gave Xingyuan place to stay apparently on a discounted price and even left an opening when someone else asked about it being available later (unless she lied about that but the story doesn't seem to suggest it), and let's be honest, she says mostly reasonable advice to Xiaoen, that I would probably give myself unless I was aware I was in a yuri manga (manhua) with a certain ending :P

That’s one way to paraphrase the plot, and you may turn out to be correct.

But that reading ignores the specific framing and pacing of the Yunduo sequences. As others have suggested, the visual text suggests that there is more to her feelings about Xiaoen than just the standard concern of a long-time best friend.

Maybe it is the obvious thing, so she’s not romantically interested and she just doesn’t want to see her friend get hurt, or maybe she’s in favor of Xiaoen doing the conventional thing and wants to ward off the lesbian relationship. But to me the overall text suggests that Yunduo has something to say to Xiaoen that she isn’t quite saying, at least not yet.

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

I'm just saying I would not be surprised that Yunduo really has a thing for Xiaoen (and I explained why).

I'm just getting the strongest gay vibes from her.
She is reaching the level...hm...let me call it: the honest lesbian (level).
Which should be a pretty high, if we start from questioning level, denial level, etc
The second gayest character (on my list) is hehe granny (she destroyed her husband with overspiced food) -those are very dark very gay vibes...
After them, Xiaoen, Xingyuan and the nail-guy (Fang? can't remember now his name) but they all are at the third place on my "list" (they have to make clear with themselves and others much more than previously mentioned two characters).

And now, why I call Yunduo an honest lesbian?
She is honest with herself and others. She is professionally accomplished (independent woman, and powerful in Peachtown, so here I'm getting more gay vibes than straight).
She has an ex and two children. My guess, she realized her true sexuality and after it she divorced her husband (it certainly was a husband if they were married in China).
Also, they are still speaking (over the phone), so, she is not playing some role of heartbroken single mother left on her own by cheating husband, or some similar scenario. She owns her single motherhood.
So I suppose she initiated divorce, and possible reason is her sexuality.
If Yunduo wants a female partner and a proper second mother for her children, the only logical answer would be Xiaoen, she is very loved by her kids.

Sometimes people think that only through manipulation and working behind someone's back you can reach the goals. But it's not true.
You can be completely honest and rationally set up your goals.
And probably Yunduo and Xiaoen would become lovers (at some point in life) if Xingyuan did not come in Peachtown...

To add, of course, this is just my personal impression, I may be completely wrong "overthinking" some signals. This is just one of few possibilities

last edited at May 4, 2023 4:51PM

Aridzona
joined Mar 1, 2020

After reading the raws, I thought I knew where this story was going and now I surely do not haha

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

My guess, she realized her true sexuality and after it she divorced her husband (it certainly was a husband if they were married in China).

(Also her marriage partner is someone who made her pregnant, so the odds are slightly in favor that the one who fathered her twins is a male.)

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

My guess, she realized her true sexuality and after it she divorced her husband (it certainly was a husband if they were married in China).

(Also her marriage partner is someone who made her pregnant, so the odds are slightly in favor that the one who fathered her twins is a male.)

It's true. Thanks. Probably I subconsciously forgot about that fact (I was focused on characters' gay vibes in my previous comment).
Anyway, we know marriage (with opposite sex partner) and having children don't define someone's sexual orientation, and Yunduo is really very intriguing character and most ambiguous, observing all her actions and backgrounds.
I'm really curious where the author is going on with her, and how wrong or right about her am I in this moment when everything is possible.

last edited at May 6, 2023 6:59AM

Ahhh, rereading everything while waiting for the newest chapters was nice.

This is such a good story, why is it being overlooked month after month?

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Both perspectives are really understandable. I love the body language in this chapter. I'm curious if Xiaoen will let Xingyuan figure things out for herself, or if Xiaoen will get more aggressive in pursuing her.

joined May 11, 2020

This manga is just gorgeous! Ahhh lil peach farmer understands more than they might expect

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I wasn't expecting Xiaoen to just leave. That surprised me.

Mind you, it's a very realistic reaction. No complaints.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Ooohhh Xiaoen might be referencing else but I did have a feeling she knew about Yonduo's (once potential) feelings for her. That is if that's what she meant by lumping Yondu and Xingyuan in that quote.

joined Mar 23, 2022

"From now on, I don't want to worry about the fact that you're nineteen" when she said that I was like Holyyy yesssss gurl!!!! and then here comes the feels.

joined Mar 23, 2022

"You're not a life raft to me you're the Island that I want to swim to" if they are not in this situation, I would think that this is such a smooth and poetic line from her.T-T. I just hope these two will find their ways to be together despite of their many goddamn hurdles.Like please author make them a pair and let my ship sail.

To Otherwise_Bed from reddit (I know you're here, dammit, lmao):

Hey, friend! I'm sorry, I'm currently banned from reddit for three days (was trying to get banned forever because u/spez is being very unkind to the 3rd party apps, so I asked some of the mods who have been kind to me in the past if they could pretend I was breaking the rules since I don't remember my password and email to delete the account myself) so this message might not make it through to you for three days.

Thanks to you, I JUST read the chapter and holy butts!!

As someone who's been in a similar position to Mu Xiaoen, I think she was right to leave when Shi started spiraling—there comes a point in the conversation where your words won't reach them and they just need some time to themself so they can snap out of it. Shi needs to figure out what's important to her, and that's only going to come from mulling the information over for a bit. It's a damn shame her therapist is her aunt because we've already seen that she's not objective and is wanting to conform Shi to her father and general society's expectations. Unless we see otherwise later on, she's not an ally to Shi Xingyuan.

We got a look at Shi's mom!! I loved the cute, little derp face baby-Shi had in the picture, I'm glad that she looks like at least some of her childhood was good and happy. I'm willing to bet that her crappy dad treats her badly because she looks so much like her mom.

The bullying Shi went through sucks, it's one reason I'm glad I graduated high school before online bullying /really/ took off because I only had to worry about in-person bullying, I feel so bad for kid-Shi having to deal with that shit, my cousin had it happen to her a couple years after I graduated and people can be merciless! Sounds like Shi struggled with having an affluent dad.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That last line was one of the greatest things I've ever read.

"You're not a life raft to me you're the Island that I want to swim to" if they are not in this situation, I would think that this is such a smooth and poetic line from her.T-T.

I mean, it still is.

joined May 10, 2021

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THR SEX CHAPTER, NOT THE FEEL CHAPTER AAAAAHHHH.
But my words was it well done.
Also Xinguyan's family is even more trash than I thought..
Also also, since Xiaoen left her one of her earrings, I guess she's not done yet.

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 9:41AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

That intimate moment where they spilled the peaches in the beginning seems like teasing now. What a frustrating yuri; what am I supposed to gain from a story that uses every cultural "hurdle" to make themselves miserable? Once you are 18 you are beholden to no one, full stop.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

What a frustrating yuri; what am I supposed to gain from a story that uses every cultural "hurdle" to make themselves miserable?

Enjoy the beautiful watercolor-like art? For me, it works.

joined Nov 22, 2019

"You keep wanting me to think about "later on" or whatever, as if you guys can predict the future. But in the end, what you want is standing right here in front of you, and you can't even see it."

"People who think they're being smart...do the stupidest things."

Holy DAMM these lines.

last edited at Jun 22, 2023 8:03PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"You keep wanting me to think about "later on" or whatever, as if you guys can predict the future. But in the end, what you want is standing right here in front of you, and you can't even see it."

"People who think they're being smart...do the stupidest things."

Holy DAMM these lines.

Yeah, loved these. it’s easy to think of Xiaoen as sweet but a bit of a dolt. But she’s not.

She’s really not.

To reply you must either login or sign up.