Forum › My Dear Lass discussion

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Now we meet our foil, aided by the frequent coitus interruptus. Regardless, this author is good at portraying the growing intimacy, and all those didos while eating watermelon were hilarious.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Also that look back to the building by Yunduo.. Was that a "I know what's up with them" type look back or a "shit now I have competition for Mu" type of look back?

Yunduo is a married woman and a mother of two, and she has for a long time been pushing Xiaoen to get herself a husband. Heck, for Xiaoen's birthday she and her children gave Xiaoen a talisman to help her find a boyfriend. There isn't even the inkling of a shadow of a hint that Yunduo has a romantic interest in Xiaoen. If anything, that look back to the building meant: "Shit, now she's crushing on some girl! When will she grow up, stop the nonsense and find herself a man?"

Yunduo is a sharp one indeed.

That she is, but...

Let's be honest, you don't need to be sharp to be onto these two.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Let's be honest, you don't need to be sharp to be onto these two.

joined Feb 17, 2018

Xingyuan thinking to herself "don't bother disinfecting it I'll have you rolling naked in it again soon enough anyway"

Kyouko-san100
1111918eofa3hzq
joined Jun 4, 2015

How did you get the pictures in here? I'm not smart enough to get that too, so the link here (︶︹︺)

https://i.imgur.com/TRI5zRb.jpg

The scene is love. I wish I was also often so motivated ʱªʱªʱª ( ᕑ ᗢू ᓫ∗ )

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

How did you get the pictures in here? I'm not smart enough to get that too, so the link here (︶︹︺)

Markdown tutorial here.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Yunduo has quite the sharp tongue but you can tell she's just being straightforward out of a sense of care for her friend. Hopefully Xingyuan can convince her that she's sincere in her pursuits soon lol.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

So divorced from a apparent messy breakup. Now if going by what she said and the body language at the end it seems like she really might have feelings for her. Now she finds out she is ok with girls when another girl shows up in the picture.

Though her dating a girl could become a real headache with how she is raising her kids as far as family and the father questioning her custody of them sadly.

I'm honestly hoping I'm wrong.

last edited at Apr 9, 2023 11:15PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Wow. Wow. Wow.
So Xiaoen has gone from "Nothing can happen between us, she's too young!" to "It's OK to have a steamy love affair for a few weeks, and after that she'll leave!" Color me impressed, I really didn't think she would have it in her.

This was an especially amazingly good chapter in a series entirely made of amazingly good chapters.

Xiaoen is so lucky to have people like Yunduo and Sixi in her life. I'm almost tempted to say that if you have female friends you're that close with and who care that much about you then you've already won at life and you don't need any fricking romance... but of course, as we all know, that is not the point of romcom so I'll shut up.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Yeahhh 100% Yunduo has it for her. That very blunt "She's not a good match for you" was basically saying "I AM A PERFECT MATCH FOR YOU BE THE OTHER MOMMA TO MY KIDS"

joined Mar 23, 2022

That is one of a good heart to heart talk with a touch bluntly words between 2 good friends. I like how she is pointing the least most obvious concern between the relationship of the two but at the same time making a very good point.(Age+Gender issue < no permanent address issue)
also Xiaoen finally getting through from being "denial of excuse of an age to just casually going with the fling flow" happy now cry later lol. I get where her friend is coming from, you know when the young lad fell first but the adult fell harder", yup it will hurt the most when you fall harder XD.
I just hope her friend will find a new love in this series.

joined Mar 23, 2022

That is one of a good heart to heart talk with a touch bluntly words between 2 good friends. I like how she is pointing the least most obvious concern between the relationship of the two but at the same time making a very good point.(Age+Gender issue < no permanent address issue)
also Xiaoen finally getting through from being "denial of excuse of an age to just casually going with the fling flow" happy now cry later lol. I get where her friend is coming from, you know when the young lad fell first but the adult fell harder", yup it will hurt the most when you fall harder XD.
I just hope her friend will find a new love in this series.

joined Mar 23, 2022

wait I need confirmation, she kissed her while sleeping right???rightttt????

joined Mar 23, 2022

help, I'm trying to create an account to bilibili to support the author can someone tell me up to what number the Philippines country is??I've been trying it one by one but I keep getting lost in counting when I go back.T-T.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

help, I'm trying to create an account to bilibili to support the author can someone tell me up to what number the Philippines country is??I've been trying it one by one but I keep getting lost in counting when I go back.T-T.

Look for the text 菲律宾.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, she'll stay, now that she has reason to.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Ah ha so the friend is open to same sex relationships like I was hoping.

joined Mar 23, 2022

Look for the text 菲律宾.

omg thank you it works!! I just wonder of I can use credit card as payment method??I can't see the credit card option.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

The Hell kind of mosquito destroyer coil placement is that?

Amazing how it fell in place,didn't break a bone,and actually stayed lit,because those damn things go out as soon as they touch anything that is cool enough.

Hence those notches where you plug them in the centre.

joined Jun 15, 2020

Noticed the same mistakenly attached mosquito coil. Sadly little details like that often make it impossible for my mind remain "in the story".

On the bigger scale I still enjoy the series, a lot, but there is a growing sense of "many of these things are too good/convenient to really happen in such a traditional/conservative country as China". And yes, I realise it's a huge country with different realities, but still hard to dampen my disbelief while reading.

joined Apr 10, 2021

Noticed the same mistakenly attached mosquito coil. Sadly little details like that often make it impossible for my mind remain "in the story".

On the bigger scale I still enjoy the series, a lot, but there is a growing sense of "many of these things are too good/convenient to really happen in such a traditional/conservative country as China". And yes, I realise it's a huge country with different realities, but still hard to dampen my disbelief while reading.

Well, yes, but very many stories based in Japan have things too good and convenient to actually happen in such an traditional and conservative country.
Or if those stories happened as they are in vast geographical majority of America.
Sometimes you just wanna read about things as they should be, still broadly in the limit of realism, not as how things are.

joined Jun 15, 2020

Well, yes, but very many stories based in Japan have things too good and convenient to actually happen in such an traditional and conservative country.
Or if those stories happened as they are in vast geographical majority of America.
Sometimes you just wanna read about things as they should be, still broadly in the limit of realism, not as how things are.

Agree on all that above. Unfortunately, I get into that... analytic(?) mode easier if the story or characters are realistic and well crafted. This is one of those works.

With lighter or more unrealistic settings it's easier to maintain the suspension of disbelief. In other words, I'm not expecting much (realism) from those.

Really enjoyed the character building for the friend. Lovely contradiction with her calm words and face and the hinted turmoil she feels about her friend's interest in someone else.

last edited at Apr 10, 2023 9:13AM

joined Nov 21, 2022

The Hell kind of mosquito destroyer coil placement is that?

Amazing how it fell in place,didn't break a bone,and actually stayed lit,because those damn things go out as soon as they touch anything that is cool enough.

Hence those notches where you plug them in the centre.

I think it was a deliberate thing on the part of the artist. Notice she put in the hole for the base, but didn't utilize it.

elusivebutthole
001q2gaply1h533fjj99pj60sg148tgw02
joined Sep 11, 2021

Agree on all that above. Unfortunately, I get into that... analytic(?) mode easier if the story or characters are realistic and well crafted. This is one of those works.

With lighter or more unrealistic settings it's easier to maintain the suspension of disbelief. In other words, I'm not expecting much (realism) from those.

Really enjoyed the character building for the friend. Lovely contradiction with her calm words and face and the hinted turmoil she feels about her friend's interest in someone else.

I think many people need to broaden their understanding of what realism is. If the existence of chinese people who aren't homophobic takes you out of a story, that's just a personal problem.

Realism isn't just what you've personally witnessed right? It's about what could exist out there

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think many people need to broaden their understanding of what realism is. If the existence of chinese people who aren't homophobic takes you out of a story, that's just a personal problem.

Realism isn't just what you've personally witnessed right? It's about what could exist out there

Personally, if an inaccurate depiction of mosquito coils could “take me out of the story,” I’m not very into the story in the first place. That’s just me, though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.