Forum › My Dear Lass discussion

joined Jun 15, 2020

With lighter or more unrealistic settings it's easier to maintain the suspension of disbelief. In other words, I'm not expecting much (realism) from those.

I think many people need to broaden their understanding of what realism is. If the existence of chinese people who aren't homophobic takes you out of a story, that's just a personal problem.

Realism isn't just what you've personally witnessed right? It's about what could exist out there

Personally, if an inaccurate depiction of mosquito coils could “take me out of the story,” I’m not very into the story in the first place. That’s just me, though.

If I'm very into the the story in the first place I pay much more attention to worldcrafting, characters, (visual) art details, symbolism etc., which makes it easy for even little mistakes or "mistakes" to take me out of the story. That's just me, though. :)

last edited at Apr 12, 2023 1:38PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Going straight to the question huh?

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Her dad seems like such a cool guy

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Can her dad just get hit by a truck?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Excuses, excuses...

Why would you want another world to suffer like that?

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 8:01AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Oh for the love of...
Couldn't her dad be a simple manual worker, or middle class, or petite bourgeoisie? It had to be a big shot with police connections?

Now all we can do is hope that the families of Xiaoen and Yunduo have enough economic and political clout to protect our sweet little Xingyuan.

Excuses, excuses...

Damn! I'm too late... :D

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Oh for the love of...
Couldn't her dad be a simple manual worker, or middle class, or petite bourgeoisie? It had to be a big shot with police connections?

Now all we can do is hope that the families of Xiaoen and Yunduo have enough economic and political clout to protect our sweet little Xingyuan.

Excuses, excuses...

I want a genre shift, where they have to fortify the town with Peach-based weaponry to protect Xiaoen and Xingyuan from Bad Dad's army of lawyers, thugs and crooked detectives.

Oh! The edible kicked in!

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Oh for the love of...

Excuses, excuses...

I want a genre shift, where they have to fortify the town with Peach-based weaponry to protect Xiaoen and Xingyuan from Bad Dad's army of lawyers, thugs and crooked detectives.

Oh! The edible kicked in!

I want a spinoff of her dad getting hit by a truck and isekai'd into a fluffy and sweet world. Then after a day, they get sick of him and un-isekai him, sending him back to the human realm. It'd be funny

joined May 10, 2021

My heart, my poor, poor heart...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Looks like it's Xiaoen's turn to go on the attack now.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

good. now run after her and punch some sense into her brain.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Aagh it's a chapter full of angst and suffering! Familiar homophobia ruins sweet love! Bad chapter! Bad!

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

A "friend" Yunduo wants Xiaoen all for herself.
1. She is touching her neck (and hair) in the bakery (chapter 10) and Xingyuan is watching it (Yunduo knows she is watching it)
2. Later, she tries to xyz-block them for being just two of them in apartment.
3. And now she is putting additional pressure on Xingyuan who is already in delicate emotional state because of her family and their pressures on her.

last edited at Apr 30, 2023 7:34AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I'm pretty impressed how Yundou already has a strong character to herself just by showing up in few chapters. She's that polite antagonist that can be hard to pull off convincingly. Hate sinks are fairly easy to make in comparison.

Adult who thinks they've missed their shots at happiness and is now gaslighting people to end same way they did, or maybe not quite aware of what they're doing and acting on jealousy with no clear, achievable end goal in mind.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Xiaoen finally does what (and whom) she really wants to do. And interestingly enough, it's exactly Yundou's games trying to stop her that got her this far.

joined May 10, 2021

Man... I really don't know what's Yunduo's deal.
Is she supposed to be an overly caring mother or sister? A lover? An overly possessive friend?!
I really enjoy how she handles things, but not knowing what she really wants is a bit infuriating.
And holy shit the ending of this chapter was insane!

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

I figured yundou is just aware that xingyuan “has” to leave and is trying to protect xiaoen from the heartbreak of that

joined Mar 23, 2022

OHHH MYY GAADDDD SOMEBODYY HOLD ME IM SHAYKIINNNN!!!!!AHHHHHH YESSS GURLLL!!!GRAB AND KISS YOAR BAE LIKE THAT!

last edited at May 3, 2023 8:33AM

joined Mar 23, 2022

Xiaoen be like fuck age,gender and her circumstances ima gonna yolo while the iron is still hot

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

I still think Yunduo is having hots for Xiaoen. I'll explain why.
There is a scene with a glass of wine ( page 3 (chapter 30), last few pics):

Evening melancholy falls upon Peachtown. Xiaoen is gently buzzed by wine. She feels that evening melancholy and she talks about it.
In next moment, Yunduo tries to reach out to her. We can see her hand is moving toward Xiaoen, and she indeed says:"Xiaoen..." (romantically?)
But Xiaoen already made a sudden movement scraping the wineglass and Yunduo's hand changes direction, catching that glass (which is symbolically empty). And Xiaoen is already out of her reach....

I really think Yunduo tried to touch Xiaoen again (it's not the first time).
Glass moved after, not before her hand moved toward Xiaoen, so she was reaching to Xiaoen, not a glass.

I think she is trying to offer a physical comfort to Xiaoen. She knows Xiaoen is not in love with her to respond on emotional level, but she already used tactile "games" (like in a bakery, and Xiaoen somehow responded to her touch, feeling little ashamed (guilty?) realizing that Xingyuan is watching them)

Maybe Yunduo (with Xingyuan out of pic) indeed would have a chance with Xiaoen and become her lover. But she will never be love of her life, her soulmate.
And, Xiaoen is not a type who will be fulfilled with just a lover, she needs everything, because she gives everything of herself (all-in in all).
That's how I get her as a person, and how I understand the current situation. It's just my personal impression (with the explanation why I think as I said).

last edited at May 3, 2023 9:49AM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Sorry after this chapter I think it all but submits that Yunduo has a thing for Xiaoen. She even did the I'm gonna slowly reach for her hand but not actually grab it thingo. Either that or she is the most blunt honest person ever. Most people in her shoes would have lied about what they said to all but sabotage someones relationship she basically wears it like a badge of honor I get she's trying to protect Xiaoen (that is if she doesn't actually like her) but yikes let the girl live her own life.

Damn, Yunduo played herself.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Time is an illusion
Have no confusion
There's just the here and the now

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I think this is the first chapter where I got the feeling that this might not have a happy ending, or at least that our two leads might not end up staying together at the end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.